PDA

View Full Version : Geforce card and NForce2

Valjean
August 6th 04, 05:05 PM
Is there something about an Nvidia card and this chipset? I can't get
Windows to come on except in Safe Mode. I know the board has its own GART
file, like Via; is there possibly a trick to loading it I don't know
about...

Phil
August 6th 04, 05:27 PM
"Valjean" > wrote in message
> Is there something about an Nvidia card and this chipset? I can't get
> Windows to come on except in Safe Mode. I know the board has its own GART
> file, like Via; is there possibly a trick to loading it I don't know
> about...

I haven't had any issues with my ASUS NF2 & GF4, my friend with a DFI NF2
and FX5600, and another with an ABIT NF2 and GF3 have had no issues at
all....

Is this a clean install?

I've had 100% success with:

* Install WinXP (I should imagine this is the same with other versions)
* Install DX9 (NForce driver package needs this for some reason)
* Reboot
* Run NF2 Setup for Drivers & Audio etc.
* Reboot
* Run Graphics Card driver setup
* Reboot

If you've just changed mobo from say VIA to NF2 then windows won't work
unless you repair it or (preferably) clean install.