PDA

View Full Version : CRT vs LCD

Skybuck Flying
August 5th 04, 04:25 AM
Hello,

Since doom 3 I understand how important a monitor can be ;)

I have and old monitor and it displays doom 3 darker...

Though I have managed to increase the brightness and gamma.

But still it doesn't look near as good as on other pc's ;)

Though I still have to do an objective compare ;)

All this has made me wonder:

How do CRT monitors compare to LCD monitors...

Which monitor will last longer ? ( What that I mean colors staying good,
brightness, contrast, gamma etc )

What is brightness, contrast and gamma exactly anyway ?

The thing that scares me the most about LCD's is broken/defective pixels.

Has anyone played Doom 3 on CRT and LCD... which one looked better ? ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.