PDA

View Full Version : Aopen 5900 bios flash to Leadtek 5950 Ultra?

007
February 26th 04, 11:45 AM
Hi all,
I have only just discovered the thread about flashing the bios of the gf
5900 to the 5950. I appreciate that to a lot of you my question my be old
news but...from what I've read people are flashing using the leadtex 5950
ultra bios. Am i right in thinking that some peeps are flashing non leadtek
cards with this bios?
What I'm considering doing is flashing my Aopen 5900 (standard not the LX or
whatever) using the leadtek 5950 bios. Naturally I'll save my old bios first
in case it goes pear shaped...but I am 'reasonably' safe to try this OR will
flashing a different brand bios kill my card?
Appreciate your time in responding.
Pete

Darkfalz
February 26th 04, 12:52 PM
"007" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have only just discovered the thread about flashing the bios of the gf
> 5900 to the 5950. I appreciate that to a lot of you my question my be old
> news but...from what I've read people are flashing using the leadtex 5950
> ultra bios. Am i right in thinking that some peeps are flashing non
leadtek
> cards with this bios?
> What I'm considering doing is flashing my Aopen 5900 (standard not the LX
or
> whatever) using the leadtek 5950 bios. Naturally I'll save my old bios
first
> in case it goes pear shaped...but I am 'reasonably' safe to try this OR
will
> flashing a different brand bios kill my card?
> Appreciate your time in responding.
> Pete

An Ultra is merely an overclocked version of the regular card. Flashing a
BIOS would simply make it operate by default with the higher clock and
memory speed, which it probably couldn't handle. Just use regular
overclocking.