PDA

View Full Version : Replacing fan on NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS


Normand Bachand
February 26th 04, 04:03 AM
The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it and
oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan is
an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or a
suitable substitute?

mosnar
February 26th 04, 04:58 AM
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370822





\


On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500, "Normand Bachand" >
wrote:

>The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it and
>oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan is
>an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or a
>suitable substitute?
>

Normand Bachand
February 26th 04, 05:05 AM
Thanks. But it appears to be out of stock. Any other suggestions would be
appreciated.

"mosnar" > wrote in message
...
>
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370822
>
>
>
>
>
> \
>
>
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500, "Normand Bachand" >
> wrote:
>
> >The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it
and
> >oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan
is
> >an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or
a
> >suitable substitute?
> >
>

Bora Ugurlu
February 26th 04, 12:49 PM
Am Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:05:58 -0500, "Normand Bachand" >
schrieb:

>Thanks. But it appears to be out of stock. Any other suggestions would be
>appreciated.
>

Consider a Zalman Heatpipe cooler. Zalman HP80C can be a lifesaver..
It has a fan optionally, but it can cool cards upto GF Ti 4400
without the need of the fan.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/ZM80C-HP.htm

Granulated
February 26th 04, 10:50 PM
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500 "Normand Bachand" > meeped :

>The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it and
>oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan is
>an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or a
>suitable substitute?
>

is it an asus gts ?
my stock fan went screechy..i got a blue orb for it.

Normand Bachand
February 28th 04, 10:11 PM
There's no mention of asus in my documentation. The card came with my new
Dell several years ago. Where can I get this blue orb?

"Granulated" > wrote in message
...
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500 "Normand Bachand" >
meeped :
>
> >The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it
and
> >oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan
is
> >an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or
a
> >suitable substitute?
> >
>
> is it an asus gts ?
> my stock fan went screechy..i got a blue orb for it.

Normand Bachand
February 28th 04, 10:36 PM
Well it now seems to be in stock. I decided to get this. The heatpump idea
sounds intreging but it seems like it takes a lot of space.

Thanks for the help

"mosnar" > wrote in message
...
>
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370822
>
>
>
>
>
> \
>
>
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500, "Normand Bachand" >
> wrote:
>
> >The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it
and
> >oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan
is
> >an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or
a
> >suitable substitute?
> >
>