PDA

View Full Version : 55 Series bug Terminal Service Remote Desktop

February 24th 04, 02:10 PM
Is somebody else experiencing this?
After installing 56.55 or 56.56 the terminal service remote desktop on XP or
2003 server lets you logon and disconnects you by logging you off quickly.
Nice bug by the way from a video driver to mess up so strangely a different
part of the OS functionality.

Ace Of Spades
May 15th 04, 04:34 PM
To all,

I have a couple of Dells running GeForce nVidia cards and the latest drivers
from the nVidia web site. In my case, they are running Windows Server 2003,
but are quite happy with the drivers designed for Win2000 and WinXP.

In any case, if the NVIDIA Display Driver Service is running (the default
when Full Acceleration mode has been set), attempts to connect with any
Remote Desktop client is only briefly successful. The screen opens with the
expected Login box, but immediately initiates a logoff sequence the moment
you successfully login. Frustrating.

I set the startup mode on the service to Manual, stop the service, and
problem goes away. What good is this service anyway?