PDA

View Full Version : Coolbits and the 56.56 drivers

Mmm_Beefy
February 24th 04, 11:34 AM
just installed em the other day, and tonight ran the coolbits reg
hack,
once added, i opened my vid card properties page (right click desktop
etc etc.)
my monitor and tv would flicker a couple times then show my nvidia
settings.

i was using the same coolbits found on guru3d, and also in this ng:
The registry should be modified as follows:
1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA
Corporation\Global\NvTweak'
key.
2. Add 'CoolBits' value of 'dword' type and set it to '3'.

i changed the 3 to 1 and the flickering stopped, prefs open right up,
and offer the same amount of items.

JIC anyone else is/has this prob.

PurSpyk!!
February 24th 04, 03:22 PM
Hi

I noticed the same, but with coolbits set to 1, I lost the overclocking
page. It seems that this is what is causing the flicker

Regards

Brett
"Mmm_Beefy" > wrote in message
om...
just installed em the other day, and tonight ran the coolbits reg
hack,
once added, i opened my vid card properties page (right click desktop
etc etc.)
my monitor and tv would flicker a couple times then show my nvidia
settings.

i was using the same coolbits found on guru3d, and also in this ng:
The registry should be modified as follows:
1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA
Corporation\Global\NvTweak'
key.
2. Add 'CoolBits' value of 'dword' type and set it to '3'.

i changed the 3 to 1 and the flickering stopped, prefs open right up,
and offer the same amount of items.

JIC anyone else is/has this prob.

Mmm_Beefy
February 25th 04, 06:32 AM
"PurSpyk!!" > wrote in message >...
> Hi
>
> I noticed the same, but with coolbits set to 1, I lost the overclocking
> page. It seems that this is what is causing the flicker
>
> Regards
>
> Brett
> "Mmm_Beefy" > wrote in message
> om...
> just installed em the other day, and tonight ran the coolbits reg
> hack,
> once added, i opened my vid card properties page (right click desktop
> etc etc.)
> my monitor and tv would flicker a couple times then show my nvidia
> settings.
>
> i was using the same coolbits found on guru3d, and also in this ng:
> The registry should be modified as follows:
> 1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA
> Corporation\Global\NvTweak'
> key.
> 2. Add 'CoolBits' value of 'dword' type and set it to '3'.
>
> i changed the 3 to 1 and the flickering stopped, prefs open right up,
> and offer the same amount of items.
>
> JIC anyone else is/has this prob.

DOH, your right, it was rather late, and i was squinting at the screen
and didnt notice that lol, sorry.

that aside, this is a good tip for those of us who want the extra d3d
stuff, but dont overclock the card:)