PDA

View Full Version : Chipset match for AGP 4X?

Jeff Hansman
February 23rd 04, 01:27 AM
I'm upgrading an old Duron system with a motherboard that only supports 4X
AGP, due to budget restraints. What is an *affordable* video card that won't
be too hobbled by this throughput? I'm thinking an FX5200, but is that even
too underpowered? TIA.

Jeff Hansman
February 23rd 04, 11:23 PM
Yes, the 5200 is a piece of crap! nVidia sux!! No, wait. ATI sux! Aww, I
fergit.

"Jeff Hansman" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'm upgrading an old Duron system with a motherboard that only supports 4X
> AGP, due to budget restraints. What is an *affordable* video card that
won't
> be too hobbled by this throughput? I'm thinking an FX5200, but is that
even
> too underpowered? TIA.

Jeff Hansman
February 24th 04, 03:38 AM
Thanks! I was afraid no one would reply.