PDA

View Full Version : PNY GForce FX 5600 Ultra

Graywolf
February 22nd 04, 07:10 AM
I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able to
play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also Via
chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well. Any
suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Dark Avenger
February 22nd 04, 12:15 PM
"Graywolf" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able to
> play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also Via
> chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well. Any
> suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

Graywolf
February 23rd 04, 02:06 AM
Not now. I have Ver. 6.14.10.5303 installed.
Maybe my card is defective.

"Dark Avenger" > wrote in message
om...
> "Graywolf" > wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able
> > play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also
Via
> > chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well.
Any
> > suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
> update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

Dark Avenger
February 23rd 04, 05:58 PM
"Graywolf" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Not now. I have Ver. 6.14.10.5303 installed.
> Maybe my card is defective.
>

> "Dark Avenger" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Graywolf" > wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able
> > > play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also
> Via
> > > chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well.
> Any
> > > suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?
> >
> > Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
> > update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

what dus DXDIAG says... maybe that can tell what not works...

Graywolf
February 24th 04, 02:21 AM
> > Via
> > Any
> > >
> > > Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
> > > update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!
>
> what dus DXDIAG says... maybe that can tell what not works...

DXDiag is great no problems. I changed the Bios last night from VGA PCI
device to VGA AGP device and I got Call of Duty to run with no problem but
still none of the other games will run neither will 3DMark03, it locks up.