PDA

View Full Version : Shutterglasses?


Towli
February 17th 04, 06:09 PM
Hi all

I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23 detonator
drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.

Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card would be
highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.

Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!

/Towli

Derek Wildstar
February 17th 04, 07:11 PM
"Towli" > wrote in message
...
> Hi all
>
> I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
> framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
> Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
> order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23 detonator
> drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.
>
> Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card would
be
> highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.
>
> Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!
>
> /Towli


The Forceware nee Detonator Driver Suites are the only series that will
natively recognize a FX model card. The correct solution is for the glasses
driver provider to recognize nVidia's 5X Forceware.

You may have a workaround until that point by forcing the 45 Detonators to
treat your FX card like a GeForce4, merely hand-select or override the
automatic recognition of the card (it's just reading a BIOS string) in your
System Properties. This may be sufficient, but not guaranteed, also no
performance loss should occur.

BelaLvgosi
February 17th 04, 11:25 PM
"Derek Wildstar" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...
>
> "Towli" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
> > framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
> > Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
> > order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23
detonator
> > drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.
> >
> > Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card
would
> be
> > highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.
> >
> > Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!
> >
> > /Towli
>
>
> The Forceware nee Detonator Driver Suites are the only series that will
> natively recognize a FX model card. The correct solution is for the
glasses
> driver provider to recognize nVidia's 5X Forceware.
>
> You may have a workaround until that point by forcing the 45 Detonators to
> treat your FX card like a GeForce4, merely hand-select or override the
> automatic recognition of the card (it's just reading a BIOS string) in
your
> System Properties. This may be sufficient, but not guaranteed, also no
> performance loss should occur.
>
>

As I posted before, the first 5900's with 2.8ns mems as creative 5900 and
gainward 1100 (both clocked 400/700, not 390/700 ) are detected as 5900's
but look as actual xt's, with memory on only one side and work flawlessly
with drivers from 44.03's, wich were the fist fx/dx9 set, not 50.xx
forcewares. So there might be no differences for a current xt , except maybe
those 5900 chips were the same as regular 5900's, as they are equally marked
and not probably slightly undercloked as an excuse for lower overclock
potential, as these cards were still very expensive when they came out. By
this way, changing your card id at bios level might be safe but I wouldn't
do it since some newer drivers should come out soon, even though I just
checked that there are no betas at guru3d later than 45.23's. Good luck.

Towli
February 18th 04, 07:40 AM
Thanks a lot both !

How do i disable the automatic recognition of the card in "system
properties" ?



/Towli

"Derek Wildstar" > skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]_s54...
>
> "Towli" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have purchased a winfast a350 (fx5900xt), primarily for speeding up
> > framerates in fs2004 using my shutterglasses from edimensional.com.
> > Apparently the detonator -and stereo drivers has to match in numbers in
> > order for the shutterglasses to work, an unfortunately the 45.23
detonator
> > drivers no not recognize my new fx5900xt.
> >
> > Any advice on how to make my 45.23 drivers to recognize my new card
would
> be
> > highly appreciated, as all i care about playing with is my 3d-glasses.
> >
> > Thanks overmuch in advance for any help!
> >
> > /Towli
>
>
> The Forceware nee Detonator Driver Suites are the only series that will
> natively recognize a FX model card. The correct solution is for the
glasses
> driver provider to recognize nVidia's 5X Forceware.
>
> You may have a workaround until that point by forcing the 45 Detonators to
> treat your FX card like a GeForce4, merely hand-select or override the
> automatic recognition of the card (it's just reading a BIOS string) in
your
> System Properties. This may be sufficient, but not guaranteed, also no
> performance loss should occur.
>
>

Towli
February 18th 04, 10:08 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! !

I cant tell you how gratefull i am.
Just telling windows that my card is a gf4 ti4200 worked and my glasses are
working! ! !

Thank you ! (arent newsgroups wonderfull).

/T

Towli
February 18th 04, 10:17 AM
arh i was out to soon.

The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...

(what to do?)

Best regards
/Jan

BelaLvgosi
February 18th 04, 03:29 PM
"Towli" > wrote in message
...
> arh i was out to soon.
>
> The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
> card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
> When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...
>
> (what to do?)
>
> Best regards
> /Jan
>
>
>

If you are doing it only at driver level, try forcing a 5900 instead of a
ti4200.

Mirko
February 22nd 04, 06:03 PM
"Towli" > bl
g...
> arh i was out to soon.
>
> The stereo image test is working ok (thats why i was so thrilled) but my
> card cant show any images, acting as a ti4200.
> When starting up fs2004 it says "image xxx.bmp" can not be loaded ...
>
> (what to do?)
>
> Best regards
> /Jan
>
>

3D-glasses manufacturer eDimensional ( www.edimensional.com ) has some new
driver up.
http://www.edimensional.com/support/nvidiainstall.htm