PDA

View Full Version : GeForce Ti4200 Problem

Guyver9114
February 14th 04, 08:00 PM
Got a stange one here, i have an Albatron Ti4200 Pro Turbo 128mb ram that is
a couple of years old but a few weeks ago it has started to think it is a
Quadro 700 XGL. I have reinistalled the OS onto a new HDD, attempted new
and old drivers but Windows XP inisists on seeing it as a Quadro. I
installed RivaTuner to make it look likea Ti4200 which it does when you
install the driver but the Properties tab still shows it as a Quadro.

I know the card still has 6 months of its warranty left but i cannot get
intouch with them, ive tried email and ringing the Germany tel number to no
avail..... the place i bought it from no longer deals with them and the
number for the milton keynes branch is out of order.

Any other ideas what could be causing this problem??

Many thanks
Guyver9114

llamaboiz
February 14th 04, 10:45 PM
well... if my G4Ti4200 128mb VTD turned into a Quadro i really wouldnt
consider it a problem... *sorry dont know where a 700XGL stands in the
pyramid*

"Guyver9114" > wrote in message
. ..
> Got a stange one here, i have an Albatron Ti4200 Pro Turbo 128mb ram that
is
> a couple of years old but a few weeks ago it has started to think it is a
> Quadro 700 XGL. I have reinistalled the OS onto a new HDD, attempted new
> and old drivers but Windows XP inisists on seeing it as a Quadro. I
> installed RivaTuner to make it look likea Ti4200 which it does when you
> install the driver but the Properties tab still shows it as a Quadro.
>
> I know the card still has 6 months of its warranty left but i cannot get
> intouch with them, ive tried email and ringing the Germany tel number to
no
> avail..... the place i bought it from no longer deals with them and the
> number for the milton keynes branch is out of order.
>
> Any other ideas what could be causing this problem??
>
> Many thanks
> Guyver9114

llamaboiz
February 14th 04, 10:58 PM
forgot, you are using the 45.23-45.32 drivers right?

"llamaboiz" > wrote in message
> well... if my G4Ti4200 128mb VTD turned into a Quadro i really wouldnt
> consider it a problem... *sorry dont know where a 700XGL stands in the
> pyramid*
>
> "Guyver9114" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Got a stange one here, i have an Albatron Ti4200 Pro Turbo 128mb ram
that
> is
> > a couple of years old but a few weeks ago it has started to think it is
> > Quadro 700 XGL. I have reinistalled the OS onto a new HDD, attempted
new
> > and old drivers but Windows XP inisists on seeing it as a Quadro. I
> > installed RivaTuner to make it look likea Ti4200 which it does when you
> > install the driver but the Properties tab still shows it as a Quadro.
> >
> > I know the card still has 6 months of its warranty left but i cannot get
> > intouch with them, ive tried email and ringing the Germany tel number to
> no
> > avail..... the place i bought it from no longer deals with them and the
> > number for the milton keynes branch is out of order.
> >
> > Any other ideas what could be causing this problem??
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Guyver9114

DaveL
February 14th 04, 11:06 PM
Did you ever flash the bios?

Dave

"Guyver9114" > wrote in message
. ..
> Got a stange one here, i have an Albatron Ti4200 Pro Turbo 128mb ram that
is
> a couple of years old but a few weeks ago it has started to think it is a
> Quadro 700 XGL. I have reinistalled the OS onto a new HDD, attempted new
> and old drivers but Windows XP inisists on seeing it as a Quadro. I
> installed RivaTuner to make it look likea Ti4200 which it does when you
> install the driver but the Properties tab still shows it as a Quadro.
>
> I know the card still has 6 months of its warranty left but i cannot get
> intouch with them, ive tried email and ringing the Germany tel number to
no
> avail..... the place i bought it from no longer deals with them and the
> number for the milton keynes branch is out of order.
>
> Any other ideas what could be causing this problem??
>
> Many thanks
> Guyver9114

Guyver9114
February 15th 04, 05:39 PM
I have tried some old 44.* and the newer 52.* drivers. I did update the
bios about a year ago though to the M2 bios (last released version) but it
had been ok since then.