PDA

View Full Version : 5600se vs 5600xt

-=Matt=-
February 13th 04, 12:21 AM
Hi there all,

I'm wondering about something. In my PC nestles the fine figure of a
(quoting from the display properties) GeForce FX 5600 XT card. Now, having
done a little research (I can find little about it!), I can ascertain that
this is a cheapo, given a whack in the back of the legs, version of the
proper 5600 for the Eastern market. Ok.

Now, comes the slightly interesting bit. According to my invoice, my PC
*should* have come with a GeForce FX 5600 'SE', with TV out, I might add.
I'm not bothered about not having a TV out port (I have a TV to watch TV
on), but that what I have may be 'slower' than what I should have had.
Strangely, I've not found much mention about the SE version on the web
either, only that it too is the slightly confused, younger dimmer brother
version of the plain 5600.

Should I be knocking some heads together, or be thinking, "Who, gives a
monkeys, I won't be able to tell the difference anyway."

Thanks, advice gratefully appreciated.

-=Matt=-

DaveW
February 13th 04, 01:16 AM
Yawn, they are truly both equally slowww.

--
DaveW

"-=Matt=-" > wrote in message
> Hi there all,
>
> I'm wondering about something. In my PC nestles the fine figure of a
> (quoting from the display properties) GeForce FX 5600 XT card. Now, having
> done a little research (I can find little about it!), I can ascertain that
> this is a cheapo, given a whack in the back of the legs, version of the
> proper 5600 for the Eastern market. Ok.
>
> Now, comes the slightly interesting bit. According to my invoice, my PC
> *should* have come with a GeForce FX 5600 'SE', with TV out, I might add.
> I'm not bothered about not having a TV out port (I have a TV to watch TV
> on), but that what I have may be 'slower' than what I should have had.
> Strangely, I've not found much mention about the SE version on the web
> either, only that it too is the slightly confused, younger dimmer brother
> version of the plain 5600.
>
> Should I be knocking some heads together, or be thinking, "Who, gives a
> monkeys, I won't be able to tell the difference anyway."
>
> Thanks, advice gratefully appreciated.
>
> -=Matt=-

The Chief
February 13th 04, 02:38 AM
I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.

And there is a TV-out on it.

-=Matt=-
February 13th 04, 03:54 AM
"The Chief" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.
>
> And there is a TV-out on it.

Hmm... I might take yout advise then!
Well, I might be able to get the pc company to swap the 5600xt for the5600SE
we were supposed to get. Is the SE any better?

Cheers,

-=Matt=-

Darthy
February 13th 04, 09:53 AM
SAME ****, different name...

The CHEAPEST usable fx card is the 5600Ultra... anything else is SLOW
SLOW... but the 5700s are about $150~220...

But the FASTER 5900xts are $170~200 too.. and smoke the 5700s.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:21:41 -0000, "-=Matt=-"
> wrote:

>Hi there all,
>
>I'm wondering about something. In my PC nestles the fine figure of a
>(quoting from the display properties) GeForce FX 5600 XT card. Now, having
>done a little research (I can find little about it!), I can ascertain that
>this is a cheapo, given a whack in the back of the legs, version of the
>proper 5600 for the Eastern market. Ok.
>
>Now, comes the slightly interesting bit. According to my invoice, my PC
>*should* have come with a GeForce FX 5600 'SE', with TV out, I might add.
>I'm not bothered about not having a TV out port (I have a TV to watch TV
>on), but that what I have may be 'slower' than what I should have had.
>Strangely, I've not found much mention about the SE version on the web
>either, only that it too is the slightly confused, younger dimmer brother
>version of the plain 5600.
>
>Should I be knocking some heads together, or be thinking, "Who, gives a
>monkeys, I won't be able to tell the difference anyway."
>
>Thanks, advice gratefully appreciated.
>
>-=Matt=-

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Dark Avenger
February 13th 04, 01:27 PM
"-=Matt=-" > wrote in message >...
> "The Chief" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s52...
> > I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.
> >
> > And there is a TV-out on it.
>
> Hmm... I might take yout advise then!
> Well, I might be able to get the pc company to swap the 5600xt for the5600SE
> we were supposed to get. Is the SE any better?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -=Matt=-

The SE is just a XT, so not an inch better!

Darthy
February 14th 04, 01:49 AM
On 13 Feb 2004 04:27:44 -0800, (Dark Avenger)
wrote:

>"-=Matt=-" > wrote in message >...
>> "The Chief" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]_s52...
>> > I had 5600xt... for 2 days... get rid of it. If you can, of course.
>> >
>> > And there is a TV-out on it.
>>
>> Hmm... I might take yout advise then!
>> Well, I might be able to get the pc company to swap the 5600xt for the5600SE
>> we were supposed to get. Is the SE any better?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -=Matt=-
>
>The SE is just a XT, so not an inch better!

How about a mm better?