PDA

View Full Version : Any new beta news on HL2 or Doom3

Jim
February 12th 04, 06:41 PM
I know the alpha/beta of Doom3 I have is over a year old. I was wondering
if anyone had heard if they will be releasing any new betas any time soon?
Any word from ID on a release date for Doom3? I think I'm more excited
about the engine than the game since I'm looking forward to a game like Call
of Duty2 or Jedi Knight X using that engine.

Thanks

Kai Robinson
February 12th 04, 06:57 PM
Check www.doom3.com on a regular basis. It went live just before xmas and
its apparently 'coming soon'. In my mind - they're getting ready to ship
it - box art, manuals etc, and amassing stockpiles of the game to send out
to vendors. plus maybe a little last minute code polishing - you know how
carmack is. :P

Kai

"Jim" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...
> I know the alpha/beta of Doom3 I have is over a year old. I was wondering
> if anyone had heard if they will be releasing any new betas any time soon?
> Any word from ID on a release date for Doom3? I think I'm more excited
> about the engine than the game since I'm looking forward to a game like
Call
> of Duty2 or Jedi Knight X using that engine.
>
> Thanks

John Lewis
February 12th 04, 09:24 PM
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:57:26 +0100, "Kai Robinson"
> wrote:

>Check www.doom3.com on a regular basis. It went live just before xmas and
>its apparently 'coming soon'. In my mind - they're getting ready to ship
>it - box art, manuals etc, and amassing stockpiles of the game to send out
>to vendors. plus maybe a little last minute code polishing - you know how
>carmack is. :P

Ship date 15 April 2004 according to EB games. Not
for me. I'll wait until it comes on firesale. I've had enough of
gory-monsters and dreary post-apocalyptic 'dungeons' to
last me a lifetime.

I will enjoy Far Cry (23 March 2004) much better anyway with
its idyllic-island settings and open game-play.

Somebody needs to do a Far Cry mod with a bunch of surfing
beach-babes............

John Lewis

>Kai
>
>"Jim" > wrote in message
>news:[email protected]_s01...
>> I know the alpha/beta of Doom3 I have is over a year old. I was wondering
>> if anyone had heard if they will be releasing any new betas any time soon?
>> Any word from ID on a release date for Doom3? I think I'm more excited
>> about the engine than the game since I'm looking forward to a game like
>Call
>> of Duty2 or Jedi Knight X using that engine.
>>
>> Thanks

Nada
February 13th 04, 11:37 AM
(John Lewis) wrote:
> Somebody needs to do a Far Cry mod with a bunch of surfing
> beach-babes............

If the game is part of the "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" campaign,
I wouldn't be suprised if Dawn surfs around the island wearing
transparent Nvidia branded bras. Every nerd with a nose pimple would
flock up the servers.