PDA

View Full Version : XFX GF FX5200 Personal Cinema RP

Nel
February 10th 04, 11:45 AM
I've just bought this card (on the strength that it had an integrated TV
tuner on board) but can't get it to tune in any channels through the RF
input. I've checked the ariel cables and they're OK. When I scan channels,
all I get is a very dark un-tuned picture & noise.

The settings are set to United Kingdom, PAL-I, Antenna.

I've also tried different software - WinDVR which came with the card,
SnapStream's Beyond TV & PowerVCR II.

Anyone have any ideas if it's a duff card or am I missing something
obvious?!

Thanks in advance........

Dark Avenger
February 10th 04, 10:39 PM
"Nel" > wrote in message >...
> I've just bought this card (on the strength that it had an integrated TV
> tuner on board) but can't get it to tune in any channels through the RF
> input. I've checked the ariel cables and they're OK. When I scan channels,
> all I get is a very dark un-tuned picture & noise.
>
> The settings are set to United Kingdom, PAL-I, Antenna.
>
> I've also tried different software - WinDVR which came with the card,
> SnapStream's Beyond TV & PowerVCR II.
>
> Anyone have any ideas if it's a duff card or am I missing something
> obvious?!
>
> Thanks in advance........

Mmm, ya know that a cable has a limit to how many "connections" it can
have. Try putting up a booster as close to where the line enters the
house!

Nel
February 11th 04, 06:47 PM
(Dark Avenger) wrote in message >...
> "Nel" > wrote in message >...
> > I've just bought this card (on the strength that it had an integrated TV
> > tuner on board) but can't get it to tune in any channels through the RF
> > input. I've checked the ariel cables and they're OK. When I scan channels,
> > all I get is a very dark un-tuned picture & noise.
> >
> > The settings are set to United Kingdom, PAL-I, Antenna.
> >
> > I've also tried different software - WinDVR which came with the card,
> > SnapStream's Beyond TV & PowerVCR II.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas if it's a duff card or am I missing something
> > obvious?!
> >
> > Thanks in advance........
>
> Mmm, ya know that a cable has a limit to how many "connections" it can
> have. Try putting up a booster as close to where the line enters the
> house!

It's the only connection coming from the ariel. I've even unplugged
it from the card and plugged it into a digital freeview box and got
all the digital channels available, so it's definately a good signal!

It IS on an old motherboard however - I'm waiting for a new CPU & RAM,
then I'll try it on the new board that's waiting to go in. Not sure
if AGP speeds might have any bearing??

Bill Janzen
February 12th 04, 01:34 PM
Being in Canada, I'm not sure if you have a different setup than me.
However, if you require a digital freeview box to tune digital
signals, you can't use your tuner card to decode them instead. You
should try plugging in your antenna to the freeview box, then connect
your freeview box to tuner card like you would to your TV. Set your
tuner card to channel 3 (if this is the same in the U.K. as for North
America) and it should work. You can't change channels from the
computer, although some software allows you to use an IR blaster to or
even a RS232 serial cable to control the digital box. Hope this
helps!

Sincerely,
Bill J.