PDA

View Full Version : Text unreadable with 5900 and FSAA

Ben
January 22nd 04, 07:58 PM
hi all. i'm playing battlefield 1942 with my new albatron geforce 5900
at 1024x768 and 4x FSAA. things look fine without FSAA on, but with
FSAA any text on the screen looks very blurry. especially the in-game
chat. is anyone else having problems with blurry text with FSAA? is
there a fix?

thanks,
ben

Andrew
January 22nd 04, 08:23 PM
On 22 Jan 2004 10:58:55 -0800, (Ben) wrote:

>hi all. i'm playing battlefield 1942 with my new albatron geforce 5900
>at 1024x768 and 4x FSAA. things look fine without FSAA on, but with
>FSAA any text on the screen looks very blurry. especially the in-game
>chat. is anyone else having problems with blurry text with FSAA? is
>there a fix?

Its a universal game issue.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

PRIVATE1964
January 22nd 04, 11:44 PM
>Its a universal game issue.

Yes it is. The same thing happens with my Geforce 4 - 4200. That's one thing I
wish they would fix. You might try using some Anisotropic filtering with the
Antialiasing which I read is suppose to help. but it didn't with me.

Andrew
January 23rd 04, 08:43 AM
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:35:40 GMT, (John Lewis)
wrote:

>Yes. turn off FSAA and crank up the screen resolution, assuming
>that you have a decent CPU.

Personally, FSAA is a lot more important to me than the text quality
so I put up with the blurry text on my ATI card.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Klaus
January 23rd 04, 04:43 PM
How do you enable this FSAA? I have a xvga 5900 128m card.