PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA WDM Video Capture (Universal) drivers and the code 10 error

Alley Cat
January 21st 04, 11:17 AM
I've seen many discussions on the code 10 error when trying to install
the WDM video capture (universal) drivers. I now have this problem,
but cannot find an 'always works' solution. I have tried different
versions of drivers, removed the ACPI drivers and reverted to Standard
PC, checked the PCI slot next to my AGP slot is empty, disabled then
enabled the driver in device manager etc etc with no joy.

Does anybody have a guaranteed solution and an explanation for why
this error occurs with this driver ?

For info, I have the following setup:

Gainward NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 128Mb AGP 8x (BIOS information
4.28.20.05.00)
ASUS A7N8X deluxe MB
AMD Athlon 2400+
512Mb DDR RAM
Win XP Home SP1 with some recent patch updates from m/soft

As a secondary note - how do I reinstall ACPI drivers ? I can't
figure it out and have lost some nice features of ACPI e.g. auto
powerdown.

Cheers

Alex

edde
January 21st 04, 01:06 PM
Is your card a Vivo version?

"Alley Cat" > wrote in message
om...
> I've seen many discussions on the code 10 error when trying to install
> the WDM video capture (universal) drivers. I now have this problem,
> but cannot find an 'always works' solution. I have tried different
> versions of drivers, removed the ACPI drivers and reverted to Standard
> PC, checked the PCI slot next to my AGP slot is empty, disabled then
> enabled the driver in device manager etc etc with no joy.
>
> Does anybody have a guaranteed solution and an explanation for why
> this error occurs with this driver ?
>
> For info, I have the following setup:
>
> Gainward NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 128Mb AGP 8x (BIOS information
> 4.28.20.05.00)
> ASUS A7N8X deluxe MB
> AMD Athlon 2400+
> 512Mb DDR RAM
> Win XP Home SP1 with some recent patch updates from m/soft
>
> As a secondary note - how do I reinstall ACPI drivers ? I can't
> figure it out and have lost some nice features of ACPI e.g. auto
> powerdown.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

... et al.
January 24th 04, 03:27 PM
Alley Cat > wrote:

> I've seen many discussions on the code 10 error when trying to install
> the WDM video capture (universal) drivers. I now have this problem,
> but cannot find an 'always works' solution. I have tried different
> versions of drivers, removed the ACPI drivers and reverted to Standard
> PC, checked the PCI slot next to my AGP slot is empty, disabled then

<snip>

> Win XP Home SP1 with some recent patch updates from m/soft
>
> As a secondary note - how do I reinstall ACPI drivers ? I can't
> figure it out and have lost some nice features of ACPI e.g. auto
> powerdown.

Tried returning to an earlier Restore Point if you have any?

Else. In Device Manager, Standard PC, Properties, Update Driver, select
driver myself, look for and choose whatever HAL you want. (Was this how
you changed Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) originally? And then like
me you don't see the other HAL's when trying to change back?)

I then tried to do a repair install of WinNT 5.1 and press F5 at the
appropriate time (when it says to press F6 to install a 3rd-party SCSI
driver). It took about as long as a new install, and after a final
restart to boot into XP landed me into a blue "Stop Error Screen", stop
error = IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. :-(
I ended up doing a full fresh reinstall.

Not very encouraging i'm afraid, so standard disclaimers apply. No
guarantees and make sure to back up important data before trying.

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.