PDA

View Full Version : Are nvidia cards good enough for ASCII games?

Alberto Panno-Peano
January 21st 04, 10:00 AM
There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.

So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.

Any suggestions ?

NuT CrAcKeR
January 21st 04, 02:19 PM
Invest in a good ISA based CGA card for those demanding, high performance
8bit games.

As for playing Rogue... what card family are you talking about ?

NuTs

"Alberto Panno-Peano" > wrote in message
om...
> There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
> cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
> Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.
>
> So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.
>
> Any suggestions ?

J. Clarke
January 21st 04, 02:54 PM
Alberto Panno-Peano wrote:

> There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
> cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
> Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.
>
> So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.
>
> Any suggestions ?

There's only one _right_ set up for Rogue--a VAX with a VT100 and BSD.
Should be able to get a great Rogue setup off of ebay for under 50 bucks.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Dark Avenger
January 21st 04, 07:44 PM
(Alberto Panno-Peano) wrote in message >...
> There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
> cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
> Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.
>
> So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.
>
> Any suggestions ?

well well, what a question....

I guess it has it's limitations regarding resolution, but most depends
on software/emulation and alike....I am sure good settings and good
emulation software can make things work just fine!

procerus
January 21st 04, 08:43 PM
"Alberto Panno-Peano" > wrote in message
om...
> There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
> cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
> Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.
>
> So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.
>
> Any suggestions ?

VBEPlus -
http://www.voodoofiles.com/2389
?

HTH
procerus

Tal Fucus
January 23rd 04, 05:23 PM
"Alberto Panno-Peano" > wrote in message
om...
> There are many top games with ASCII graphics, but I fear that nvdia
> cards cannot handle these games since I had problems running
> Pacman,Ms.Pacman, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol on nvidia cards.
>
> So I fear that Rogue probably won´t run.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Try looking in the junk yards (Or in Africa :-) for an old XT or AT computer
I used to play those TOP GAMES 10 years ago ...........

Good Luck,
Tal