PDA

View Full Version : 5900 barbecue

Albert
January 18th 04, 12:30 AM
Hey! I put a 5900 into my box now the CPU is running hot (60-63c) with
stock cooling (AMD2400+). Is this okay or do I have an emergency on my
hands? Is this because the ambient temperature in the box has
increased or does the card make the cpu work harder? I have plenty of
case fans.
Have a great day,
Albert

January 18th 04, 12:55 PM
What is the rating of your power supply? The minimum rating should be 350
Watts.

regards

"Albert" > wrote in message
> Hey! I put a 5900 into my box now the CPU is running hot (60-63c) with
> stock cooling (AMD2400+). Is this okay or do I have an emergency on my
> hands? Is this because the ambient temperature in the box has
> increased or does the card make the cpu work harder? I have plenty of
> case fans.
> Have a great day,
> Albert

Albert
January 19th 04, 03:26 AM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:55:58 +0100, "B" >
wrote:

>What is the rating of your power supply? The minimum rating should be 350
>Watts.
>
>regards

>"Albert" > wrote in message
>> Hey! I put a 5900 into my box now the CPU is running hot (60-63c) with
>> stock cooling (AMD2400+). Is this okay or do I have an emergency on my
>> hands? Is this because the ambient temperature in the box has
>> increased or does the card make the cpu work harder? I have plenty of
>> case fans.
>> Have a great day,
>> Albert

BOB,
The PSU sez 450. these are the readings from AIDA32...
Do they look right to you?? I will try swapping out the PSU and see if
it makes a difference.

Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Asus AS99127F
Sensor Access SMBus 2Dh