PDA

View Full Version : How bad is an FX5600XT?

Bobby
January 17th 04, 09:09 PM
Just bought an 5600XT card today -- and it's awful. It feels slower than my
5200. So it's going back (the shop (or the receipt) didn't state it was an
XT - so I should get a replacement or money back - right?).

So I'm looking for a better card. For 80 I can get a proper 5600 (from
another shop). Or an ATI 9600 EZ Pro for 89 or an 9600 Pro for 102 or an
FX5700 for 109.

Any idea which one I should go for? I plan to return it tomorrow so a quick
reply is appreciated.

Cheers.

Bobby

chocolate
January 18th 04, 12:03 AM
"Bobby" > wrote in message
> Just bought an 5600XT card today -- and it's awful. It feels slower than
my
> 5200. So it's going back (the shop (or the receipt) didn't state it was an
> XT - so I should get a replacement or money back - right?).
>
> So I'm looking for a better card. For 80 I can get a proper 5600 (from
> another shop). Or an ATI 9600 EZ Pro for 89 or an 9600 Pro for 102 or an
> FX5700 for 109.
>
> Any idea which one I should go for? I plan to return it tomorrow so a
quick
> reply is appreciated.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

96Pro would be the baby for me.

Darthy
January 18th 04, 12:02 PM
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:09:05 -0000, "Bobby" > wrote:

>Just bought an 5600XT card today -- and it's awful. It feels slower than my
>5200. So it's going back (the shop (or the receipt) didn't state it was an
>XT - so I should get a replacement or money back - right?).

This is a **** card... what did you expect? You posted about graphic
cards on the 12... on the 14th I even gave you a link to a review site
that has a nice little chart about video cards.

None of the 5600s compare to the ATI9600Pro.. which might have cost
you a bit more... and as youve posted, your budge does allow for a
5700.... in which I stated the 5900XT (not 5600XT) would be the better
card for the same price.

You can't play the latest games with GOOD visuals with slow cards.

>Any idea which one I should go for? I plan to return it tomorrow so a quick
>reply is appreciated.

Do research... look at cards.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-13.html#unreal_tournament_2003

Especailly this one:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1933&p=2

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Dark Avenger
January 18th 04, 02:36 PM
"Bobby" > wrote in message >...
> Just bought an 5600XT card today -- and it's awful. It feels slower than my
> 5200. So it's going back (the shop (or the receipt) didn't state it was an
> XT - so I should get a replacement or money back - right?).
>
> So I'm looking for a better card. For 80 I can get a proper 5600 (from
> another shop). Or an ATI 9600 EZ Pro for 89 or an 9600 Pro for 102 or an
> FX5700 for 109.
>
> Any idea which one I should go for? I plan to return it tomorrow so a quick
> reply is appreciated.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

5600XT is very probably a 64-bits memory pad, so it's trash!

Go for either the 9600 Pro or the FX5700 Ultra, those are fast and
nice AND have fast enough memory!