PDA

View Full Version : ATI 9600 Pro or FX5700?

Bobby
January 17th 04, 07:02 PM
I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.

Bobby

RL
January 17th 04, 09:51 PM
I just installed a 5700 Ultra seems fine to me.

"Bobby" > wrote in message
> I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.
>
> Bobby

Gordie
January 18th 04, 02:16 AM
Nothing like a complete review is there...

"RL" > wrote in message
> I just installed a 5700 Ultra seems fine to me.

Darthy
January 18th 04, 11:46 AM
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:02:07 -0000, "Bobby" > wrote:

>I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.

For the price of the 5700, you could get the 5900XT.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-03.html#unreal_tournament_2003

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Dark Avenger
January 18th 04, 02:34 PM
"Bobby" > wrote in message >...
> I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.
>
> Bobby

I guess both cards are good... and on the same level of performance.
As some tests say, even pixel shader 2.0 works reasonable now with the
FX5700 card...

I guess both cards are evenly nice... yup.

And I own an ati card :-), but truly I can say both are good choices!

1st Ever Video Card
January 18th 04, 04:00 PM
I just installed a Voodoo 3, that seems fine to me also.

"RL" > wrote in message
> I just installed a 5700 Ultra seems fine to me.
>

> "Bobby" > wrote in message
> > I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend?
Cheers.

> > Bobby

Yeremein
January 19th 04, 06:21 AM
1st Ever Video Card wrote:

> I just installed a Voodoo 3, that seems fine to me also.

I have a 4MB PCI Riva 128 with VIVO in the closet; want to upgrade? :)

Chocolate
January 20th 04, 08:26 PM
"Yeremein" > wrote in message
> 1st Ever Video Card wrote:
>
> > I just installed a Voodoo 3, that seems fine to me also.
>
> I have a 4MB PCI Riva 128 with VIVO in the closet; want to upgrade? :)

16MB to 4MB is an upgrade?

You're not one of those underclockers are you?