PDA

View Full Version : Re: V9520 FX5200 Help

dino
January 15th 04, 02:20 PM
video cards do not do sound..sound cards do...RCA ports on the graphics card
would be for video..so you probably have to run leads to the sound
inputs..or put a TV tuner card in..

Go Figure
January 15th 04, 04:21 PM
"Heinz" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping someone can tell me how to get the sound to work on this thing?
> I have installed the Home Theater software and can watch tv but cannot hear
> any sound. Is there anything else i need to hook up in order to hear audio?
> Do i have to use RCA cables going from my tv to my vid card inputs? If this
> is the case, what if i don't have RCA ports on my old school tv? Any help
> would be appreciated...
>
> Thank you

Ok, that is just stupid, did you even bother to RTFM!?!?!?!

Tom Brown
January 15th 04, 10:36 PM
We need a little more info. Can you play a DVD movie or a game and hear
anything?

"Heinz" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping someone can tell me how to get the sound to work on this
thing?
> I have installed the Home Theater software and can watch tv but cannot
hear
> any sound. Is there anything else i need to hook up in order to hear
audio?
> Do i have to use RCA cables going from my tv to my vid card inputs? If
this
> is the case, what if i don't have RCA ports on my old school tv? Any help
> would be appreciated...
>
> Thank you

Mangyrat
January 16th 04, 02:52 AM
a cable that runs from the TV card sound out to sound card input

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com