PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Display Issues

Grem
January 14th 04, 02:08 AM
I have a FX5700 Ultra card with 53.03 drivers installed. Using two 21"
Hitachi maonitors with horizontal span enabled. When I load a full
screen program on the primary display the secondary display
immediately goes into power save mode. With my last card, a GF4 4600
with the same drivers I didn't have this behavior and could see and
use the secondary display regardless of the type of window that was
being used on the primary display. Any thoughts or suggestions?

My info:

P4 3Ghz
2G of Ram
Geforce FX 5700 Ultra w/53.03 Drivers
Windows XP Pro SP2

Yeremein
January 14th 04, 03:08 AM
> When I load a full
> screen program on the primary display the secondary display
> immediately goes into power save mode.

This will happen if you are in Horizontal Span mode.

> I didn't have this behavior and could see and
> use the secondary display regardless of the type of window that was
> being used on the primary display.

This will happen if you're in DualView mode.

Please note that 3D performance will take a pretty big hit in DualView
mode, from my experience at least.