PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Monitor Thing with Ti4200

archagon
January 13th 04, 03:45 AM
Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
a crappy video card?

NuT CrAcKeR
January 13th 04, 04:52 AM
i woulnt say that the 4200 is crappy... not by a long shot.

could be driver related...

NuTs

"archagon" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
> GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
> average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
> corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
> others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
> The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
> happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
> a crappy video card?

Alan
January 13th 04, 11:13 PM
> > Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
> > GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
> > average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
> > corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
> > others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
> > The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
> > happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
> > a crappy video card?

turn on vsync it whould fix it

archagon
January 14th 04, 12:54 AM
"NuT CrAcKeR" > wrote in message >...
> i woulnt say that the 4200 is crappy... not by a long shot.
>
> could be driver related...
>
> NuTs
>
> "archagon" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
> > GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
> > average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
> > corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
> > others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
> > The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
> > happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
> > a crappy video card?

It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.

Yeremein
January 14th 04, 02:42 AM
> It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.

Maybe. Have you tried the final retail versions of HL2 or Doom3 with a
Ti4200? :P

Besides, America's Army uses the UT2003 engine, which runs just fine on
GF4 Ti cards...

nut cracker
February 6th 04, 12:02 AM
Oh, thats right. I forgot to consider how this card runs games that dont
exist yet.

"archagon" > wrote in message

> It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.

archagon
February 6th 04, 09:08 PM
Yeremein > wrote in message >...
> > It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.
>
> Maybe. Have you tried the final retail versions of HL2 or Doom3 with a
> Ti4200? :P
>
> Besides, America's Army uses the UT2003 engine, which runs just fine on
> GF4 Ti cards...

Are you nuts? My GF4 runs AA at about 15fps...at best.
Did I perhaps forget to mention that it is the 64MB version and not the 128MB one?