PDA

View Full Version : Flash BIOS Geforce 5900 to 5950

mimayin
January 12th 04, 01:09 AM
Hi, i saw this page and noticed that the people who tried it saw a
performance gain..

http://www.explosivelabs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=913

if anyone has or is going to try this with the MSI Geforce fx5900 ultra
256mb, please let me know as i am too much of a pussy to do it myself.

i just can't **** around with a 400 card.

mimayin

Stephan Laske
January 14th 04, 12:39 PM
mimayin schrieb:
> Hi, i saw this page and noticed that the people who tried it saw a
> performance gain..
>
> http://www.explosivelabs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=913
>
> if anyone has or is going to try this with the MSI Geforce fx5900 ultra
> 256mb, please let me know as i am too much of a pussy to do it myself.
>
> i just can't **** around with a 400 card.
>
> mimayin

Just try to overclock your card with powerstrip. Use the 3dsettings with
475 - 950 MHz and then run a lot of benchmarks and games. If you do not
run into problems your card should work as a 5950. My Asus card FX5900
Ultra runs now perfect as a FX 5950 <Ultra. As I am a linux user and do
not overclock my card with any software tools I must note, that the
performance gain is great :-)

Stephan