PDA

View Full Version : FW: Directx 8 v directx 9

Dark Avenger
January 11th 04, 03:02 AM
"Flow" > wrote in message news:<v6%[email protected]>...
> My brother in law plays maxpayne2 with a radeon9500.
> It looks about the same on my TI4400.

Does it....

Check the mirrors...... DX8 hardware shows only grey.. DX9 hardware
shows a reflection!

Flow
January 11th 04, 01:15 PM
Ah, well i said "about the same"
Nice for the topic poster to know this anyways.;)
Yes,i miss the mirror reflections,but they are really not important for the
game.
But it could be a reason for people to choose a radeon over a Geforce.

"Dark Avenger" > schreef in bericht
om...
> "Flow" > wrote in message
news:<v6%[email protected]>...
> > My brother in law plays maxpayne2 with a radeon9500.
> > It looks about the same on my TI4400.
> >

> Does it....
>
> Check the mirrors...... DX8 hardware shows only grey.. DX9 hardware
> shows a reflection!

Dan
January 11th 04, 07:29 PM
I get the mirror reflections on my Radeon 8500.

Dan

"Flow" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Ah, well i said "about the same"
> Nice for the topic poster to know this anyways.;)
> Yes,i miss the mirror reflections,but they are really not important for
the
> game.
> But it could be a reason for people to choose a radeon over a Geforce.
>
> "Dark Avenger" > schreef in bericht
> om...
> > "Flow" > wrote in message
> news:<v6%[email protected]>...
> > > My brother in law plays maxpayne2 with a radeon9500.
> > > It looks about the same on my TI4400.
> > >

> > Does it....
> >
> > Check the mirrors...... DX8 hardware shows only grey.. DX9 hardware
> > shows a reflection!

Dark Avenger
January 11th 04, 10:27 PM
"Flow" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ah, well i said "about the same"
> Nice for the topic poster to know this anyways.;)
> Yes,i miss the mirror reflections,but they are really not important for the
> game.
> But it could be a reason for people to choose a radeon over a Geforce.
>
> "Dark Avenger" > schreef in bericht
> om...
> > "Flow" > wrote in message
> news:<v6%[email protected]>...
> > > My brother in law plays maxpayne2 with a radeon9500.
> > > It looks about the same on my TI4400.
> > >

> > Does it....
> >
> > Check the mirrors...... DX8 hardware shows only grey.. DX9 hardware
> > shows a reflection!

True, I mean.. really it's only the mirror!

Ofcourse, newer games will use more and more of those effects!

Lee Hardy
January 12th 04, 12:40 AM
Played need for speed underground on a DX9 compatiable card (GeForce FX
5900) and a DX 8 only compatible card (ATI Radeon, i forget the model), the
differences are unbelievable to say the least, if thats of any relevance to
you of course

Lee

"Dark Avenger" > wrote in message
om...