PDA

View Full Version : Hope someone can help

Martyn
January 10th 04, 11:40 AM
Hi guys
Hope you can help.
For months I have been flying without any problems until yesterday
when
Fs9 crashed with a nv4_mini.sys error. Now I load fs9 and within a
couple of
minutes it crashes again. I must stress that for a long time I have
not had any problems
what so ever. Could it be that my graphic card has gone bad or what?,
besides running directx progs
everything's ok.Only happens with directx applications. Yesterday Fs9
heaven, today Fs9 hell!.
Can't live without my flight sim can any one help.

Martyn

PCU:AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
Mainboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-7VT600
Hard Disk : ST380021A (74.5GB)
Hard Disk : FUJITSU MPD3084AT (7.9G)
Operating System(s) Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/Pro (Service
Pack 1)

Lee
January 10th 04, 11:25 PM
might sound stupid but have you checked that the hsf hasn't died on your
graphics card? sounds like a heat issue to me.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:40:44 -0000, "Martyn" > wrote:

>:> Hi guys
>:> Hope you can help.
>:> For months I have been flying without any problems until yesterday
>:>when
>:> Fs9 crashed with a nv4_mini.sys error. Now I load fs9 and within a
>:>couple of
>:> minutes it crashes again. I must stress that for a long time I have
>:>not had any problems
>:> what so ever. Could it be that my graphic card has gone bad or what?,
>:>besides running directx progs
>:> everything's ok.Only happens with directx applications. Yesterday Fs9
>:>heaven, today Fs9 hell!.
>:> Can't live without my flight sim can any one help.
>:>
>:> Martyn
>:>
>:> PCU:AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
>:> Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
>:> Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
>:> Mainboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-7VT600
>:> Hard Disk : ST380021A (74.5GB)
>:> Hard Disk : FUJITSU MPD3084AT (7.9G)
>:> Operating System(s) Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/Pro (Service
>:>Pack 1)
>:>
>:>

-----