PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ( GF FX 5950 Ultra or Radeon 9800 XT )

Shaun Pudwell
January 9th 04, 02:12 PM
Which card out of GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and ATI Radeon 9800 XT is the
fastest?

Danny
January 9th 04, 02:20 PM
> Which card out of GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and ATI Radeon 9800 XT is the
> fastest?

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
In some tests the XT comes out on top, in others it's the 5950.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031023/index.html

NDF
January 9th 04, 03:26 PM
"Shaun Pudwell" > wrote in message
> Which card out of GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and ATI Radeon 9800 XT is the
> fastest?

Neither are the fastest at everything. Go to the link below and see what
hardware gives the games you intend to play gives the best performance.

Also Stability and Compatibility should also be a factor in your decision.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

--Jerry--
January 9th 04, 04:38 PM
Nvidia is faster in OpenGL. Also drivers for Nvidia are better and I tested
R9700 and was not very happy. I am using my Ti4800 and do not have flasshing
shadows, missing distant objects...

Granulated
January 9th 04, 07:50 PM
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:12:24 -0000 "Shaun Pudwell" >
meeped :

>Which card out of GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and ATI Radeon 9800 XT is the
>fastest?

Both, generally....

John Lewis
January 10th 04, 12:03 AM
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:38:29 +0100, "--Jerry--" >
wrote:

>Nvidia is faster in OpenGL. Also drivers for Nvidia are better and I tested
>R9700 and was not very happy. I am using my Ti4800 and do not have flasshing
>shadows, missing distant objects...

Cat 3.10 was supposed to fix all those problems for the Ati cards.
Of course, if you believe that, I might be able to find a bridge to
sell you...........

John Lewis

DaveW
January 10th 04, 02:01 AM
The 9800XT is slightly faster. The 5950 Ultra has more stable drivers

--
DaveW