PDA

View Full Version : 52.16 drivers - will it help Ti-4200 cards?

Viken Karaguesian
January 8th 04, 12:25 AM
Hi all,

I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer on
guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers help
my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX
cards?

P.S.: I just noticed that the latest drivers are 53.03

dino
January 8th 04, 01:10 AM
I did not like them for my FX5600-256...but then I don't like the card
neither...the older drivers I found worked way better...I have a 4200VTD8x
in my other system..which is a way better card then this one. I get to
return this one and am going to get a 9600XT. For you..stay with the older
ones...I ran the 45.23 and had great luck with them.

DaveW
January 8th 04, 01:32 AM
The latest drivers are for the FX cards with DX9. For stability with your
older card use the 45.23 driver.

--
DaveW

"Viken Karaguesian" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
> they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer on
> guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers
help
> my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX
> cards?
>
> P.S.: I just noticed that the latest drivers are 53.03

Darthy
January 8th 04, 07:01 AM
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:25:21 -0500, "Viken Karaguesian"
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
>they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer on
>guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers help
>my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX
>cards?

Try to remain with the 38.xx driver set for that card, unless you play
games like HALO - then you need the latest.

The 44~46.xx drivers worked like pure **** on my Ti4200, the 52.xx
worked much better, allowed Halo to work right - but older games
suffered still - but still very playable. But like anything else,
what works for one people may not work for another.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Flow
January 8th 04, 08:46 AM
Playing Halo with 41.09 np.
To answer your question , No. Stick with 30.xx or 40.xx
Experiment and benchmark which version your system likes most.Mine wants
41.09
B.t.w. the 30.82 are still the most stable drivers for any nvidia card.

"Darthy" > schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:25:21 -0500, "Viken Karaguesian"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers and how
> >they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten. This reviewer
on
> >guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question is: Will these drivers
help
> >my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they geared more towards the newer
FX-5XXX
> >cards?
>
> Try to remain with the 38.xx driver set for that card, unless you play
> games like HALO - then you need the latest.
>
> The 44~46.xx drivers worked like pure **** on my Ti4200, the 52.xx
> worked much better, allowed Halo to work right - but older games
> suffered still - but still very playable. But like anything else,
> what works for one people may not work for another.
>

> --
> Remember when real men used Real computers!?
> When 512K of video RAM was a lot!
>
> Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Shepİ
January 8th 04, 03:58 PM
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:46:19 +0100 Sat down laughing as it's habit to
keep on crying then "Flow" > wrote :

>Playing Halo with 41.09 np.
>To answer your question , No. Stick with 30.xx or 40.xx
>Experiment and benchmark which version your system likes most.Mine wants
>41.09
>B.t.w. the 30.82 are still the most stable drivers for any nvidia card.

Ditto.However I'm running the 53.04 in win98SE/XP with no problems on
my old Ti 200 :)
44.03 were also good :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Bigguy
January 9th 04, 10:21 AM
Will you please stop repeating this crap!! ;-)

The latest '5' series drivers work fine with Ti4200... in fact thay are
often required to play newer games like Halo and CoD.

Stability has never been an issue for the four systems I use on a daily
basis - all with 53.03 drivers
There are some problems with some old games and later drivers but all (?)
the newer games seem to prefer '5' series drivers + DX9. (All IMHO)

Not trying to start a flame war, just trying to stamp out an urban myth
before it gets fossilised into internet 'truth'.....

Some, none or all of you may differ..... opinions please!

Guy

DaveW wrote:
> The latest drivers are for the FX cards with DX9. For stability with
> your older card use the 45.23 driver.
>

> "Viken Karaguesian" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently read (on guru3d.com) about the great new 62.16 drivers
>> and how they're supposed to be totally new and totally rewritten.
>> This reviewer on guru3d.com really liked the drivers. My question
>> is: Will these drivers help my GF4-Ti4200 128MB Card or are they
>> geared more towards the newer FX-5XXX cards?
>>
>> P.S.: I just noticed that the latest drivers are 53.03

Darthy
January 11th 04, 04:28 PM
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:21:39 -0000, "Bigguy" > wrote:

>Will you please stop repeating this crap!! ;-)

Dave_W posts this stupid **** on both ATI and Nvidia groups.

He's either a troll or a complete ****ing moron.... Actually a bigger
idiot than the guy who bought the defective video card on ebay.