PDA

View Full Version : Missing temperature menu

Roger
December 21st 03, 01:08 AM
I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature =
monitoring
menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this? It's =
not included
on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?

Dan
December 21st 03, 05:01 AM
Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced / GeForce FX
5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left click on
it.

"Roger" > wrote in message
I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature
monitoring
menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this? It's not
included
on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?

Roger
December 21st 03, 03:50 PM
That's what the manual says but there is no such menu there! How come I =
wonder?
I guess I need some registry hack or something but where can I get it or =
a program
that reads the temp values?

"Dan" > wrote in message =
news:[email protected]
> Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced / =
GeForce FX
> 5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left click =
on
> it.
>=20
> "Roger" > wrote in message
> I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature
> monitoring
> menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this? =
It's not
> included
> on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?
>=20

Dark Avenger
December 21st 03, 07:13 PM
"Roger" > wrote in message >...
> That's what the manual says but there is no such menu there! How come I
> wonder?
> I guess I need some registry hack or something but where can I get it or
> a program
> that reads the temp values?
>
> "Dan" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced /
> GeForce FX
> > 5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left click
> on
> > it.
> >
> > "Roger" > wrote in message
> > I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature
> > monitoring
> > menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this?
> It's not
> > included
> > on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?

Maybe there is no read-out of the temps.. and only internally the card
such is used.

Hell, if they can make the card cheaper by removing the temperature
monitoring readout Sparkle surely does!

Roger
December 21st 03, 09:22 PM
"Dark Avenger" > wrote in message =
om...
> "Roger" > wrote in message =
> > That's what the manual says but there is no such menu there! How =
come I=20
> > wonder?
> > I guess I need some registry hack or something but where can I get =
it or=20
> > a program
> > that reads the temp values?
> >=20
> > "Dan" > wrote in message=20
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced /=20
> > GeForce FX
> > > 5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left =
click=20
=20
> Maybe there is no read-out of the temps.. and only internally the card
> such is used.
>=20
> Hell, if they can make the card cheaper by removing the temperature
> monitoring readout Sparkle surely does!

I suspected that aswell. But the thing is that there's a picture of that =
menu in the
manual and it's mentioned as an optional feature several places. There =
is also
supposed to be an option to set the fallback temperature. I can't =
understand why
this card can't support this unless it's reserved for the Ultra's only.

If noone knows of a registry hack or menu addon or anything... are there =
any good
programs for nvidia tweaking and such that may show this info?

Me
December 24th 03, 11:42 AM
The card doesn't have the temp monitoring circuitry.
The manual is a generic one covering a range of cards.