PDA

View Full Version : MSI GeForce 5900 question.

MheAd
December 19th 03, 05:30 PM
I've just bought this card and testing it in this very same moment.
I've noticed a very weird thing.
When I'm using Internet Explorer and are scrolling the text down (either by
clicking with my mouse or using keyboard) a strange noises come from my
computer. I can't really describe how it sounds. It sounds almost like you
were rolling a tape or something. It seems like these noises are coming from
the graph. card itself. What could this be?

Thanks in advance!

Fred
December 20th 03, 05:57 AM
Does yours use the additional power supply connector? Is it inserted
properly?

It is possible your power supply is a bit strained with this card too, and
is making noise.

"MheAd" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I've just bought this card and testing it in this very same moment.
> I've noticed a very weird thing.
> When I'm using Internet Explorer and are scrolling the text down (either
by
> clicking with my mouse or using keyboard) a strange noises come from my
> computer. I can't really describe how it sounds. It sounds almost like you
> were rolling a tape or something. It seems like these noises are coming
from
> the graph. card itself. What could this be?
>
> Thanks in advance!

MheAd
December 20th 03, 02:32 PM
"Fred" > skrev i meddelandet
> Does yours use the additional power supply connector? Is it inserted
> properly?
>
> It is possible your power supply is a bit strained with this card too, and
> is making noise.

Hi!

Yes, it does use the additional power supply connecter, and yes, it is
inserted properly.

I don't think it's the power suply that makes this noise when I scroll my
Internet Explorer window. It IS the card. The question that only remains is
why.

While I was waiting for someone to reply around here, I searched the
Internet for some answers myself. It turned out that there are quite of few
people having the very same/similar problem. All of them have 5900 / 5900
Ultra based cards, from various manifacturers.

Now that I've turned off "Smooth scrolling" in my IE, the problem disapeared
for most of the time. But still, it's there, and I'm trying to figure out
why this happens!