PDA

View Full Version : 53.03 Lost nVidia Settings Tab

Bob Orton
December 18th 03, 11:38 PM
Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
installation/upgrade procedure?

XP Pro
GeForce TI4600

C.Bob

R.V. Gronoff
December 19th 03, 01:12 AM
Bob Orton a écrit :

> Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> installation/upgrade procedure?
>
> XP Pro
> GeForce TI4600

Same problem for me, same config too.
Weird... :-/

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

R.V. Gronoff
December 19th 03, 01:16 AM
Bob Orton a écrit :

> Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> installation/upgrade procedure?
>
> XP Pro
> GeForce TI4600

I have the very same config as yours, and my Nvidia tab is well in place.
Try to restore your system to the nearest point after you installed the
driver.

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

SkyFoxXP
December 19th 03, 09:13 AM
Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.

Any idea?
Thanks!

--

"Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
m...
> Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> installation/upgrade procedure?
>
> XP Pro
> GeForce TI4600
>
> C.Bob

Bob Orton
December 19th 03, 05:10 PM
Well, I have the settings tab now, but it's only after installing the
45.23s. I guess I just can't support the latest drivers. May be
something with the card BIOS not being compatible with the driver.
Who knows.

C.Bob

"SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message >...
> Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
> whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
> I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
> but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks!
>

> --
>
> "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
> m...
> > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> > installation/upgrade procedure?
> >
> > XP Pro
> > GeForce TI4600
> >
> > C.Bob

John Lewis
December 19th 03, 08:11 PM
On 19 Dec 2003 08:10:30 -0800, (Bob Orton)
wrote:

>Well, I have the settings tab now, but it's only after installing the
>45.23s. I guess I just can't support the latest drivers. May be
>something with the card BIOS not being compatible with the driver.
>Who knows.
>
>C.Bob

Unlikely. Unless you have a Via MB chip-set of course......... :-( :-(

More like residual junk from 45.23 or even a previous
installation. Go to www.guru3d.com and select a
driver removal utility then try 53.03 again, assuming that
you are using WinXP. Otherwise 53.04.

John Lewis

>"SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message >...
>> Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
>> whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
>> I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
>> but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Thanks!
>>

>> --
>>
>> "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
>> m...
>> > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
>> > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
>> > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
>> > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
>> > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
>> > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
>> > installation/upgrade procedure?
>> >
>> > XP Pro
>> > GeForce TI4600
>> >
>> > C.Bob

Bob Orton
December 19th 03, 11:10 PM
From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):

We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .

This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.

"SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message >...
> Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
> whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
> I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
> but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks!
>

> --
>
> "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
> m...
> > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> > installation/upgrade procedure?
> >
> > XP Pro
> > GeForce TI4600
> >
> > C.Bob

edde
December 20th 03, 02:24 AM
hehe, so much for unified drivers.

"Bob Orton" > wrote in message
m...
> From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):
>
> We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
> design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
> www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
> from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
> having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
> down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .
>
> This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.
>
> "SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message
> > Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
> > whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
> > I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft
drivers!!
> > but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
> >
> > Any idea?
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --
> >
> > "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
> > m...
> > > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> > > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> > > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> > > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> > > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> > > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> > > installation/upgrade procedure?
> > >
> > > XP Pro
> > > GeForce TI4600
> > >
> > > C.Bob

John Lewis
December 20th 03, 07:28 AM
On 19 Dec 2003 14:10:44 -0800, (Bob Orton)
wrote:

>From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):
>
>We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
>design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
>www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
>from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
>having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
>down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .
>
>This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.

What video card do you have ? What OS ?
Glad to know that 45.23 works.

John Lewis

>"SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message >...
>> Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
>> whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
>> I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
>> but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Thanks!
>>

>> --
>>
>> "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
>> m...
>> > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
>> > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
>> > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
>> > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
>> > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
>> > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
>> > installation/upgrade procedure?
>> >
>> > XP Pro
>> > GeForce TI4600
>> >
>> > C.Bob

Larry L.
December 20th 03, 07:33 AM
Was this from "nvidia" tech support, or from visiontek? Nvidia's pitch is
that their drivers are unified -- meaning they're intended for all previous
GF cards. It seems odd that nvidia would recommend a specific release from
the visiontek site.

The problem, by the way, is actually not uncommon, and it just seems to
strike randomly once in a while. I had this happen recently with my GF4
Ti4600, and the thing that finally solved it was going to an even NEWER
driver release, not an older one.

Larry

"Bob Orton" > wrote in message
m...
> From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):
>
> We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
> design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
> www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
> from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
> having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
> down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .
>
> This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.
>
> "SkyFoxXP" > wrote in message
> > Exactly the same problem here: no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
> > whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
> > I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft
drivers!!
> > but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.
> >
> > Any idea?
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --
> >
> > "Bob Orton" > a écrit dans le message de
> > m...
> > > Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
> > > settings tab under Display Properties->Settings->Advanced. I went
> > > into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
> > > Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
> > > either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
> > > it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
> > > installation/upgrade procedure?
> > >
> > > XP Pro
> > > GeForce TI4600
> > >
> > > C.Bob

Darthy
December 20th 03, 11:43 AM
wrote:

>From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):
>
>We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
>design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
>www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
>from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
>having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
>down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .
>
>This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.

Yeah... but with my Ti4200 - the 30.82 drivers were EASILY better
drivers than the 45.xx But Halow doesn't work right (zoom) without
the 45s... but the 52.xx worked good.. but not great.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 20th 03, 11:44 AM
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:11:03 GMT, (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On 19 Dec 2003 08:10:30 -0800, (Bob Orton)
>wrote:
>
>>Well, I have the settings tab now, but it's only after installing the
>>45.23s. I guess I just can't support the latest drivers. May be
>>something with the card BIOS not being compatible with the driver.
>>Who knows.
>>
>>C.Bob
>>

>Unlikely. Unless you have a Via MB chip-set of course......... :-( :-(

I ran the 52.17 drivers on my Ti4200 on a VIA motherboard... did not
have any motherboard related issues... problem is Nvidia - not VIA,
not the end user, not FutureMark.