PDA

View Full Version : Mis-representation ?

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 03:01 PM
Hi;

I bought this item on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
as it would appear to be.

The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad ram
which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
loaded.

This auction
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on it.

I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down the
card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
cheated.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

Andy
December 15th 03, 03:25 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
ram
> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
> corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
> not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
it.

> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
> obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
the
> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

If someone said i'm selling a faulty Ti4400 graphics card for 38 i'd laugh
in their face.
Goes to show you can sell bloody anything on ebay

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 03:40 PM
"Andy" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card
> > but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> > starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> > as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
> ram
> > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
screen
> > corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation
would
> > not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> > possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> > loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> > loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
> it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
loaded
> > obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
> the
> > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> > will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> > cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> >

> If someone said i'm selling a faulty Ti4400 graphics card for 38 i'd
laugh
> in their face.
> Goes to show you can sell bloody anything on ebay

We don`t know for sure that it is faulty it is auctioned as faulty/not
working the description leads me to believe it is more not working then
faulty - the description on the other auction leads me to believe that is
geniunely faulty.

Its possible the screen corruption issue happens at POST regardless of
whether the driver loads and I feel that it should be mentioned to not
mention it is too deliberately mislead or misrepresent. You may say its as
simple as how can you misrepresent a faulty item but I think its wrong to
lie or not mention a faulty when selling an item as faulty given the
information already provided it would seem it could be a deliberate attempt
to sell something known faulty as not-working faulty.

Not working isn`t faulty.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 03:42 PM
"Alex Quant" > wrote in message
> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card
> > but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> > starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> > as it would appear to be.
>
> [..]
>
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> So, the item was advertised as "faulty" with the disclaimer "This card is
> auctioned as not working" (mentioned twice!). You took the risk, and now
you
> are trying to wriggle out of it by claiming the seller might be trying to
> pull a fast one!!? Amazing.

Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
just "couldn`t load the drivers"

Conor
December 15th 03, 03:51 PM
In article >,=20
says...
> Hi;
>=20
> I bought this item on eBay
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D27387&item=3D2=
769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction descriptio=
> as it would appear to be.
>=20
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>=20
You're an idiot for even bidding on it. If it doesn't work then you=20
have no comeback. Did you even read the description before bidding?

Part 1:
" This card is auctioned as not working."

Part 2:
" I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if=20
the drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn=3D3Ft another=20
problem . the card is auctioned as not working"

I think I'd say that was a pretty honest description and clearly points=20
out it doesn't work. He's selling it as a non worker. If you leave=20
negtive feedback for this reason then it confirms you're an arse and I=20
woudl expect you'd be given feedback along the lines of "Yet another=20
moron who does't read descriptions properly.".

You have confirmed that you are the kind of person who'd buy those =A32=20
10GB SCSI HDDs at the local computer fair and expect them to work.

Nick, this is fate giving you a well deserved kicking for all the crap=20
you've dished out to people unfortunate enough to deal with you.

--=20
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 03:57 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
In article >,
says...
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
>You're an idiot for even bidding on it. If it doesn't work then you
>have no comeback. Did you even read the description before bidding?
>
>Part 1:
>" This card is auctioned as not working."
>
>Part 2:
"> I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if
>the drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn=3Ft another
>problem . the card is auctioned as not working"
>
>I think I'd say that was a pretty honest description and clearly points
>out it doesn't work. He's selling it as a non worker. If you leave
>negtive feedback for this reason then it confirms you're an arse and I
>woudl expect you'd be given feedback along the lines of "Yet another
>moron who does't read descriptions properly.".
>
>You have confirmed that you are the kind of person who'd buy those 2
>10GB SCSI HDDs at the local computer fair and expect them to work.
>
>Nick, this is fate giving you a well deserved kicking for all the crap
>you've dished out to people unfortunate enough to deal with you.

Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if the
screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the auction
description if in fact the screen corruption only occurs if and when I can
get drivers loading then I will give him the benefit of the doubt (I may be
able to slow the memory down if its that type of problem)

The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty plain
and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I knew
the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be annoyed.

Peter James
December 15th 03, 04:12 PM
"Andy" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
41
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card
> > but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> > starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> > as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
> ram
> > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
screen
> > corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation
would
> > not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> > possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> > loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> > loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
87
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
> it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
loaded
> > obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
> the
> > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> > will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> > cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> >

> If someone said i'm selling a faulty Ti4400 graphics card for 38 i'd
laugh
> in their face.
> Goes to show you can sell bloody anything on ebay

Too true. The winner placed his one and only bid 32 seconds before the end
of the 7 day auction. Click before reading perhaps?

BF
December 15th 03, 04:20 PM
If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.

frankie.boy
December 15th 03, 04:23 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
ram
> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
> corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
> not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
it.

> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
> obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
the
> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

from the auction -

'I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if the
drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem .
the card is auctioned as not working '

seems fairly clear.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 04:31 PM
"BF" > wrote in message
t...
> If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
> anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
> this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
> believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.

If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t know
how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking I
might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol and it would run. If
however it doesn`t start when the tank is full I`d suspect you knew this and
were just saying you didn`t know how to fill it with petrol in order to con
me.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 04:38 PM
"frankie.boy" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card
> > but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> > starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> > as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
> ram
> > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
screen
> > corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation
would
> > not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> > possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> > loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> > loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
> it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
loaded
> > obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
> the
> > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> > will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> > cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> >

> from the auction -
>
> 'I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if the
> drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem .
> the card is auctioned as not working '
>
> seems fairly clear.

I think he`s being honest too which makes me think it doesn`t have the
screen corruption bad memory fault - the honesty is why I bought it - if it
doesn`t work for any other reason then the most common hardware fault on
these cards "the chequered boarded, red lines all over the screen bad ram
problem" then I will be very surprised.

December 15th 03, 05:03 PM
it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else

ITS ****ED

he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that

the only good bit is the fan and cooler

its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
WORKING

foolish boy

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

Conor
December 15th 03, 05:09 PM
In article >,
says...
> We don`t know for sure that it is faulty it is auctioned as faulty/not
> working the description leads me to believe it is more not working then
> faulty - the description on the other auction leads me to believe that is
> geniunely faulty.

Are the words "Not working" too complex for your little mind to
comprehend?

> Not working isn`t faulty.

Eh? Are you not the most singularly stupid person on the planet?

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Conor
December 15th 03, 05:10 PM
In article >,
says...

> Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
> the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
> just "couldn`t load the drivers"

What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Conor
December 15th 03, 05:12 PM
In article >,
says...

> Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if the
> screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
> negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the auction
> description

IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.

My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Conor
December 15th 03, 05:14 PM
In article >,
says...
> "BF" > wrote in message
> t...
> > If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
> > anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
> > this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
> > believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.
> >

> If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t know
> how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking I
> might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol and it would run. If
> however it doesn`t start when the tank is full I`d suspect you knew this and
> were just saying you didn`t know how to fill it with petrol in order to con
> me.

The pint being you are told it isn't working. There is no guarantee the
seller knows what they're on about so you take the risk hopin it is as
problem with the sellers competence. Problem is, you're a ****ing
clueless idiot so you'd be more screwed than them.

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:28 PM
" G" > wrote in message
> it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
> won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else
>
> ITS ****ED
>
> he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that
>
> the only good bit is the fan and cooler
>
> its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
> WORKING
>
> foolish boy

So you have ruled out software problems (resource conflict, wrong drivers
etc w/o even looking at it) and assume the GPU is ****ed - yeah right. I`m
just trying to rule in the most likely hardware fault these cards suffer the
bad ram the symptoms of which are not mentioned.

What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU is
****ed apart from being a troll.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:30 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > "BF" > wrote in message
> > t...
> > > If I sold you a car and told you it doesn't run, would you buy it
> > > anyway thinking it just might run for you? How much more honest can
> > > this seller be. He is telling you it doesn't work and you don't
> > > believe him. I don't understand what you are saying.
> > >

> > If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t
know
> > how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking
> > might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol and it would run.
If
> > however it doesn`t start when the tank is full I`d suspect you knew this
and
> > were just saying you didn`t know how to fill it with petrol in order to
con
> > me.
> >
> The pint being you are told it isn't working. There is no guarantee the
> seller knows what they're on about so you take the risk hopin it is as
> problem with the sellers competence. Problem is, you're a ****ing
> clueless idiot so you'd be more screwed than them.

Well I`ve never had a problem trying to install a driver - well I have then
I used the right drivers.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:32 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>
> > Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if
the
> > screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
> > negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the
auction
> > description
>
> IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
> feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
>
> My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
> across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.

It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:33 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>
> > Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed
if
> > the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe
he
> > just "couldn`t load the drivers"
> >
> What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

No I use XP`s built in bridging.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:35 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > We don`t know for sure that it is faulty it is auctioned as faulty/not
> > working the description leads me to believe it is more not working then
> > faulty - the description on the other auction leads me to believe that
is
> > geniunely faulty.
> >
> Are the words "Not working" too complex for your little mind to
> comprehend?
>
> > Not working isn`t faulty.

If I quit and gave up everytime something in my system wasn`t "working" I`d
be sitting here in 16 color 640 * 480 w/o sound or modem.

> Eh? Are you not the most singularly stupid person on the planet?

Not stupid enough to write something off without giving it the benefit of my
vast expierience.

Tony Houghton
December 15th 03, 05:46 PM
In >,
Nick Le Lievre > wrote:

> It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
> dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...

Maybe it's a memory fault, but in a highish address that doesn't get
used in VGA safe mode.

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See <http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html> for more reliable contact addresses.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 05:49 PM
"Tony Houghton" > wrote in message
> In >,
> Nick Le Lievre > wrote:
>
> > It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
> > dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...
>
> Maybe it's a memory fault, but in a highish address that doesn't get
> used in VGA safe mode.

I actually think our resident expert BORG really mean`t the cards BIOS but
accidently typed CPU which was supposed to be GPU but he really mean`t BIOS.
Only an expert could confuse a CPU with the BIOS.

Tim Auton
December 15th 03, 05:57 PM
Conor > wrote:
>In article >,
says...

>> Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
>> the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
>> just "couldn`t load the drivers"
>>
>What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

****. I was going to sell him the Eiffel Tower.

Tim
--
The .sig is dead.

Tim Auton
December 15th 03, 05:59 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:
>"Conor" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> says...
>>
>> > Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if
>the
>> > screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
>> > negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the
>auction
>> > description
>>
>> IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
>> feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
>>
>> My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
>> across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.
>
>It doesn`t work because the drivers don`t start why is that ? The GPU is
>dead yeah sure - it just managed to load Windows in vgasafe mode...

Are you sure it wasn't tested with a PCI card as the primary graphics
adapter? That's what I'd do if I were fiddling with a potentially
dodgy card...

Tim
--
The .sig is dead.

Gizmo
December 15th 03, 06:03 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;

<snip>

> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the right
times

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:04 PM
"Gizmo" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the
right
> times

I just asked for an opinion if your incapable of giving one without being a
**** then please desist.

December 15th 03, 06:05 PM
You really are a thick ****ing brain dead inbreed ****** ain't you,
it's no act is it ? You really do live in a world of your own. You are
probably the biggest cretin I have ever know.

can you read, you know the words that are in front of you, not the
words you see in your mind or the strange meanings you give them, ITS
FAULTY it DOESN'T WORK you bought a paper weight

And you know what

HA ****IN HA

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

Pip
December 15th 03, 06:06 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:28:51 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>" G" > wrote in message
>> it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
>> won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else
>>
>> ITS ****ED

>What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU is
>****ed apart from being a troll.

Apparently, no more than you need. Apart from your brief but hugely
inglorious history of advertising ****e, taking money from honest
people for it and then failing to send the goods.
I suggest that you **** right off, you small-minded, attention-seeking
fool. Or do we now have to wait for and then endure twenty
self-answered posts describing your trials and tribulations with this
card, when you get it?

Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
gimp-boy.

--
Pip, Hairy Gfedcker.

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 06:07 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
> card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
> but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
> auction description as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
> correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
> does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
> only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid
> on it.
>
> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
> loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
> slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen
> corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I
> have a right to feel cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

You are an idiot.

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:09 PM
" G" > wrote in message
> You really are a thick ****ing brain dead inbreed ****** ain't you,
> it's no act is it ? You really do live in a world of your own. You are
> probably the biggest cretin I have ever know.
>
> can you read, you know the words that are in front of you, not the
> words you see in your mind or the strange meanings you give them, ITS
> FAULTY it DOESN'T WORK you bought a paper weight
>
> And you know what
>
> HA ****IN HA

We`ll see...

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 06:09 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
>> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
>>> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
>>> card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
>>> but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
>>> auction description as it would appear to be.
>>>
>>> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
>>> bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
>>> mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
>>> correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
>>> does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
>>> only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason
>>> to pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
>>>
>>> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
>>> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have
>>> bid on it.
>>>
>>> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
>>> the graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
>>> are loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory
>>> lower slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if
>>> screen corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it
>>> and that I have a right to feel cheated.
>>>
>>> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>>
>> You are an idiot.
>>

> I`m a gambler.

Yet before you even know for definate that you have lost , you accuse the
seller of tricking you when he clearly stated it was ****ed.

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:10 PM
"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
> > card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
> > but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
> > auction description as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> > mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
> > correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
> > does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
> > only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid
> > on it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
> > loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
> > slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen
> > corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I
> > have a right to feel cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> You are an idiot.

I`m a gambler.

NDF
December 15th 03, 06:10 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> " G" > wrote in message
> > it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
> > won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else
> >
> > ITS ****ED
> >
> > he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that
> >
> > the only good bit is the fan and cooler
> >
> > its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
> > WORKING
> >
> > foolish boy
> >

> So you have ruled out software problems (resource conflict, wrong drivers
> etc w/o even looking at it) and assume the GPU is ****ed - yeah right. I`m
> just trying to rule in the most likely hardware fault these cards suffer
the
> bad ram the symptoms of which are not mentioned.
>
> What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU
is
> ****ed apart from being a troll.

Don't you feel sorry for the guy selling the card ?

You can't go reading into things and making your own conclusions, when it's
in black and white.

Strange no one else is able to pick up on this "Mis Representation" other
than you and I would be very careful before pointing your fingers at him, he
may not take kindly to your accusations.

If you are so worried then don't buy it and let the guy file a non-paying
bidder notice against you.

Of course the basis of any contract is that the parties involved must be of
sound mind, which evidence shows you may get out in this one !

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:11 PM
"NDF" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > " G" > wrote in message
> > > it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
> > > won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else
> > >
> > > ITS ****ED
> > >
> > > he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that
> > >
> > > the only good bit is the fan and cooler
> > >
> > > its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
> > > WORKING
> > >
> > > foolish boy
> > >

> > So you have ruled out software problems (resource conflict, wrong
drivers
> > etc w/o even looking at it) and assume the GPU is ****ed - yeah right.
I`m
> > just trying to rule in the most likely hardware fault these cards suffer
> the
> > bad ram the symptoms of which are not mentioned.
> >
> > What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the
GPU
> is
> > ****ed apart from being a troll.
> >

> Don't you feel sorry for the guy selling the card ?
>
> You can't go reading into things and making your own conclusions, when
it's
> in black and white.
>
> Strange no one else is able to pick up on this "Mis Representation" other
> than you and I would be very careful before pointing your fingers at him,
he
> may not take kindly to your accusations.
>
> If you are so worried then don't buy it and let the guy file a non-paying
> bidder notice against you.
>
> Of course the basis of any contract is that the parties involved must be
of
> sound mind, which evidence shows you may get out in this one !

I already paid I don`t intend to neg him unless I feel there is reasonable
suspision to suspect he knew more then he was letting on.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:12 PM
"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387

> >> You are an idiot.
> >>

> > I`m a gambler.
>
> Yet before you even know for definate that you have lost , you accuse the
> seller of tricking you when he clearly stated it was ****ed.

I haven`t accused him or anything - I`m just preparing myself in the event
that he has told a few porkies - which I`m not saying he has at this stage.

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 06:24 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> "Pip" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:28:51 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
>> > wrote:

>>> What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that
>>> the GPU is ****ed apart from being a troll.
>>
>> Apparently, no more than you need. Apart from your brief but hugely
>> inglorious history of advertising ****e, taking money from honest
>> people for it and then failing to send the goods.
>> I suggest that you **** right off, you small-minded,
>> attention-seeking fool. Or do we now have to wait for and then
>> endure twenty self-answered posts describing your trials and
>> tribulations with this card, when you get it?
>>
>> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
>> gimp-boy.
>>

> I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
> satisfied with my service so its been sorted.

After at least six months.

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:25 PM
"Pip" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:28:51 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> > wrote:
>
> >" G" > wrote in message
> >> it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
> >> won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else
> >>
> >> ITS ****ED
>
> >What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU
is
> >****ed apart from being a troll.
>
> Apparently, no more than you need. Apart from your brief but hugely
> inglorious history of advertising ****e, taking money from honest
> people for it and then failing to send the goods.
> I suggest that you **** right off, you small-minded, attention-seeking
> fool. Or do we now have to wait for and then endure twenty
> self-answered posts describing your trials and tribulations with this
> card, when you get it?
>
> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
> gimp-boy.

I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
satisfied with my service so its been sorted.

December 15th 03, 06:34 PM
back to killfile me thinks

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

Gizmo
December 15th 03, 06:34 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Gizmo" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> >
> > I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the
> right
> > times
> >

> I just asked for an opinion if your incapable of giving one without being
> **** then please desist.

You asked for views - I gave you mine.

Is English not your first language ?
The seller makes it patently clear in his description that the card is
"faulty" and "not working". Which of those dont you understand ? Do they
not directly translate into your prime language ?

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 06:39 PM
"Gizmo" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> > > <snip>

> > > I'm absolutely amazed a ****wit like you can remember to breath at the
> > right
> > > times
> > >

> > I just asked for an opinion if your incapable of giving one without
being
> > **** then please desist.
> >

> You asked for views - I gave you mine.
>
> Is English not your first language ?
> The seller makes it patently clear in his description that the card is
> "faulty" and "not working". Which of those dont you understand ? Do they
> not directly translate into your prime language ?

You gotta ask yourself 1 question ? Why won`t those "drivers install
properly" drivers = software. According to the description he`s either
trying to install Creative retail drivers to an OEM BIOS or the cards BIOS
has been altered in some way and is knackered or perhaps re-flashable. Of
course if I get chequered corruption at post before any of this it should of
been thrown away or mentioned in the description.

Gizmo
December 15th 03, 06:41 PM
" G" > wrote in message
> back to killfile me thinks

Ordinarily I'd agree with you .... but think of the entertainment value.
People pay good money to go see a comedian, we have one for free ;o)

Paul Hopwood
December 15th 03, 07:25 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:

>The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
>chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty plain
>and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I knew
>the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be annoyed.

What crucial information?

3D Blaster Ti4400 faulty.
unable to get to work
This card is auctioned as not working.
I bought the card from a friend in the knowledge it was faulty
I thought I could get it working but I was unable to.
I cannot guarantee there isnt another problem
the card is auctioned as not working

Maybe you're looking for a different way for him to say the damned
card is faulty?!

--
>iv< Paul >iv<

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 07:28 PM
"Paul Hopwood" > wrote in message
> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:
>
> >The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
> >chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty
plain
> >and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I
knew
> >the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be annoyed.
>
> What crucial information?
>
> 3D Blaster Ti4400 faulty.
> unable to get to work
> This card is auctioned as not working.
> I bought the card from a friend in the knowledge it was faulty
> I thought I could get it working but I was unable to.
> I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem
> the card is auctioned as not working
>
> Maybe you're looking for a different way for him to say the damned
> card is faulty?!

I have never failed to install drivers yet! So I am intrigued as to why the
drivers would not install - if its the chequered boarded effect ram problem
it would be a bit lame IMO.

Chris 159
December 15th 03, 07:31 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
41
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
ram
> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
> corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
> not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
87
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
it.

> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
> obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
the
> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

the word **** springs to mind.

this is the very same card that you was arguing the toss with everybody
about for quite some time, insisting that its only a driver fault isnt it ?

Pip
December 15th 03, 07:41 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:25:48 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>"Pip" > wrote in message

>> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
>> gimp-boy.

>I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
>satisfied with my service so its been sorted.

Tell you what - you want this, you do:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945

You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.

--
Pip, Hairy Gfedcker.

Col
December 15th 03, 07:41 PM
Umm.. they wont install cos its ****ED! not much to be intrigued about there
then.

"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Paul Hopwood" > wrote in message
> > "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:
> >
> > >The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
> > >chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty
> plain
> > >and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I
> knew
> > >the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be
annoyed.

> > What crucial information?
> >
> > 3D Blaster Ti4400 faulty.
> > unable to get to work
> > This card is auctioned as not working.
> > I bought the card from a friend in the knowledge it was faulty
> > I thought I could get it working but I was unable to.
> > I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem
> > the card is auctioned as not working
> >
> > Maybe you're looking for a different way for him to say the damned
> > card is faulty?!
> >

> I have never failed to install drivers yet! So I am intrigued as to why
the
> drivers would not install - if its the chequered boarded effect ram
problem
> it would be a bit lame IMO.

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 07:46 PM
Pip wrote:

> Tell you what - you want this, you do:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945
>
> You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.

<VVVBG>
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

as mellow as a horse
December 15th 03, 08:03 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
41
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
ram
> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
> corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
> not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
87
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
it.

> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
> obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
the
> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

I sold a ti4600 on ebay in similar circumstances. I even mentioned that it
had corruption right from the BIOS screen, yet I still got 50 for it! I've
also been screwed by people selling stuff as "untested" (cough!), but at
least this guy is upfront. The usual spiel for such items is "we found
the[se] item[s] at the back of the stock cupboard/bought from a bankrupt
business, and haven't had time to test them"

You say somewhere that you would not be happy if the board had corruption
from booting as mine did. Did you ask before you bought it?

And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching to
make sure YOU describe it properly!

J.Clarke
December 15th 03, 08:11 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:31:17 -0000
"Chris 159" > wrote:

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay
> >
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
> 41
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
> > card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
> > but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
> > auction description as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > bad
> ram
> > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
> > screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
> > representation would not mention screen corruption which it does
> > not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only
> > occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> >
> > This auction
> >
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
> 87
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have
> > bid on
> it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
> > the graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
> > are loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory
> > lower slowing down
> the
> > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption
> > occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a
> > right to feel cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> >

> the word **** springs to mind.

I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
term for the female genitalia.

> this is the very same card that you was arguing the toss with
> everybody about for quite some time, insisting that its only a driver
> fault isnt it ?

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

binaries_freak
December 15th 03, 08:13 PM
The seller has sold the card as "Not working", "Faulty", how much more
honest can the description be ?

I could see your point had these words been excluded from the auction, but
they weren't.

If he wanted to tell porkies why would he include the above words, do you
think it was to add value to his auction ??

"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> > Nick Le Lievre wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
41

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
87

> > > I`m a gambler.
> >
> > Yet before you even know for definate that you have lost , you accuse
the
> > seller of tricking you when he clearly stated it was ****ed.
> >

> I haven`t accused him or anything - I`m just preparing myself in the event
> that he has told a few porkies - which I`m not saying he has at this
stage.

Mike Tomlinson
December 15th 03, 08:25 PM
In article >, Nick Le Lievre
> writes

>I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
>satisfied with my service so its been sorted.

Six months later, with very bad grace and only after realising that
someone would point out it was you morphing your identity every time you
tried to offload some ****e on uk.adverts.computer. ****wit.

Mike Tomlinson
December 15th 03, 08:25 PM
In article >, Conor
> writes

>IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
>feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.

I hope someone mails the original seller to let him know what he's in
for. I feel sorry for him.

Paul Hopwood
December 15th 03, 08:38 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:

>If I quit and gave up everytime something in my system wasn`t "working" I`d
>be sitting here in 16 color 640 * 480 w/o sound or modem.

Your loss of the latter of those would be attractive to many, so I
suggest you adopt this policy with immediate effect.

--
>iv< Paul >iv<

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]

Jay
December 15th 03, 08:38 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:12:55 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>I haven`t accused him or anything - I`m just preparing myself in the event
>that he has told a few porkies - which I`m not saying he has at this stage.

Do you ever read this stuff before you post it?

jay

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 08:38 PM
"as mellow as a horse" > wrote in message
> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
> 41
> > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
card
> > but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> > starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> > as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
> ram
> > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
screen
> > corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation
would
> > not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> > possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> > loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> > loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
> 87
> > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
> it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
loaded
> > obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
> the
> > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> > will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> > cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> I sold a ti4600 on ebay in similar circumstances. I even mentioned that
it
> had corruption right from the BIOS screen, yet I still got 50 for it!
I've
> also been screwed by people selling stuff as "untested" (cough!), but at
> least this guy is upfront. The usual spiel for such items is "we found
> the[se] item[s] at the back of the stock cupboard/bought from a bankrupt
> business, and haven't had time to test them"
>
> You say somewhere that you would not be happy if the board had corruption
> from booting as mine did. Did you ask before you bought it?
>
> And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching to
> make sure YOU describe it properly!

Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in which
case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a slim
one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just needing
the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make it
more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other
explanation knackered.

Paul Hopwood
December 15th 03, 08:39 PM
Tim Auton <[email protected][group sex without the y on the end]> wrote:

>>What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

>****. I was going to sell him the Eiffel Tower.

I've got a bit of the moon that "not from the moon, no honestly it's
not, never came from the moon at all" I was hoping he'd be interested
in.

--
>iv< Paul >iv<

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 08:42 PM
"Col" > wrote in message
> Umm.. they wont install cos its ****ED! not much to be intrigued about
there
> then.

Do you know for sure he`s tried to install the right drivers ?

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 08:48 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> I bid on it because there`s a
> chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
> functioning board just needing the right drivers.

How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you bid on
it?

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 08:50 PM
"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> > I bid on it because there`s a
> > chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
> > functioning board just needing the right drivers.
>
> How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you bid
on
> it?

Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem the
original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption problem.
However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have thought he would
of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.

When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.

Mike Tomlinson
December 15th 03, 08:51 PM
In article >, Pip
> writes

>Tell you what - you want this, you do:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945

Oh, *beautiful*. That has to go to the Reg or the Inq. :)

--
A. Top posters.

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 08:52 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
>> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
>>> I bid on it because there`s a
>>> chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
>>> functioning board just needing the right drivers.
>>
>> How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you
>> bid on it?
>>

> Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem
> the original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption
> problem. However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have
> thought he would of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.
>
> When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.

So I say again , what has changed since the time you placed the bid?

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 08:55 PM
"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> >>
> >> How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you
> >> bid on it?
> >>

> > Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem
> > the original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption
> > problem. However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have
> > thought he would of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.
> >
> > When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.
>
> So I say again , what has changed since the time you placed the bid?

Mainly my knowledge of this particular model of the card and the likelyhood
of it being just being a driver installation problem which from the
description it would appear to be (ignoring the words not working and
faulty for which there is no explanation apart from the drivers not loading
which could be becuase of a number of things).

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 09:13 PM
"binaries_freak" > wrote in message
> The seller has sold the card as "Not working", "Faulty", how much more
> honest can the description be ?
>
> I could see your point had these words been excluded from the auction, but
> they weren't.
>
> If he wanted to tell porkies why would he include the above words, do you
> think it was to add value to his auction ??

No he added them to the auction becuase he could not load the drivers on the
2 systems he tried it on therefore he could only assume it was faulty it was
certainly not working for him. He could not of sold it w/o those knowing he
could never get the drivers loaded.

Thats as long as he`s being honest which I suspect he is and there is no
corruption on screen in which case using the driver routine is a ploy to
make it sound like he ain`t got a clue.

Chris 159
December 15th 03, 09:14 PM
"J.Clarke" > wrote in message
d...
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:31:17 -0000
> "Chris 159" > wrote:
>

> > "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
> > 41
> > > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
> > > card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
> > > but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
> > > auction description as it would appear to be.
> > >
> > > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > > bad
> > ram
> > > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
> > > screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
> > > representation would not mention screen corruption which it does
> > > not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only
> > > occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> > > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> > >
> > > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
> > 87
> > > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have
> > > bid on
> > it.
> > >
> > > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
> > > the graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
> > > are loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory
> > > lower slowing down
> > the
> > > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption
> > > occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a
> > > right to feel cheated.
> > >
> > > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> > >

> > the word **** springs to mind.
>
> I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
> term for the female genitalia.

it is over here too

NDF
December 15th 03, 09:21 PM
"J.Clarke" > wrote in message
d...
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:31:17 -0000
> "Chris 159" > wrote:
>

> > "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
> > 41
> > > on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
> > > card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
> > > but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
> > > auction description as it would appear to be.
> > >
> > > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > > bad
> > ram
> > > which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
> > > screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
> > > representation would not mention screen corruption which it does
> > > not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only
> > > occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> > > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> > >
> > > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
> > 87
> > > clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have
> > > bid on
> > it.
> > >
> > > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
> > > the graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
> > > are loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory
> > > lower slowing down
> > the
> > > card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption
> > > occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a
> > > right to feel cheated.
> > >
> > > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
> > >

> > the word **** springs to mind.
>
> I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
> term for the female genitalia.
>
> > this is the very same card that you was arguing the toss with
> > everybody about for quite some time, insisting that its only a driver
> > fault isnt it ?

> --John
> Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

**** in the UK can mean many things namely :

Arsehol
Idiot
Thick

etc .... (add your own here)

I think either can apply in this case, but I must be honest, I think the US
meaning is way more accurate for this guy.

NDF
December 15th 03, 09:25 PM
> [...]
> > business, and haven't had time to test them"
> >
> > You say somewhere that you would not be happy if the board had
corruption
> > from booting as mine did. Did you ask before you bought it?
> >
> > And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching
> > make sure YOU describe it properly!
> >

> Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in which
> case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a
slim
> one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just
needing
> the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
> corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make
it
> more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other

Have you bothered to read eBay's Terms and Conditions ?

If you go here :

http://help.ebay.co.uk/ikanisa/viewgsdoc.jsp?searchMode=GuidedSearch&docID=K
C.en_UK_F_help_F_confidence_F_items_H_description_ D_html&dialogID=113346449&
iterationID=1&sessionID=anonymous|113342766&locale=en_UK&url=http://pages.eb
ay.co.uk/help/confidence/items-description.html

And you read and I quote : "Avoid making assumptions about details that
aren't included. If in doubt, ask the seller a question."

Now I assume you can read the above sentences and hope that you are able to
understand them, as you clearly have difficulty reading the English
Language, is this also the fault of the seller ?

Hoot!!!
December 15th 03, 09:48 PM
The card is bust so...
sell it on ebay
plenty of idiots buy faulty things.

Have a merry xmas all and drunk new year!!

Gizmo
December 15th 03, 09:54 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in which
> case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a
slim
> one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just
needing
> the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
> corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make
it
> more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other
> explanation knackered.

IF the corruption thing is so important to you, why didnt you use "ask the
seller a question" ?

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 09:55 PM
"Hoot!!!" (nospam)> wrote in message
> The card is bust so...
> sell it on ebay
> plenty of idiots buy faulty things.
>
> Have a merry xmas all and drunk new year!!

Yeah I know I could put it back on eBay but I don`t believe in selling known
faulty items. I don`t believe in buying them either but the wording on this
particular auction was thus as too make it look like it was only faulty
becuase he couldn`t install the drivers on 2 different systems - its either
the card or the drivers - most likely the drivers but then one would assume
it was faulty with his mate for some other reason - ie screen corruption.

Gizmo
December 15th 03, 09:57 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> > Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> > > I bid on it because there`s a
> > > chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
> > > functioning board just needing the right drivers.
> >
> > How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you bid
> on
> > it?
> >

> Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem the
> original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption problem.
> However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have thought he would
> of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.

All the more reason to avoid the card then !

> When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.

"when you first bid on it" ? You only bid the once - 40 seconds before
auction end.

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 10:00 PM
"Gizmo" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > >

> > Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in
which
> > case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a
> slim
> > one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just
> needing
> > the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
> > corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make
> it
> > more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other
> > explanation knackered.
>
> IF the corruption thing is so important to you, why didnt you use "ask the
> seller a question" ?

Its as simple as this - POST/BIOS corruption = 0% chance of it working now
do you understand why its so important to me ? tbh I only found out about
the corruption issue after the auction had ended by searching google for
people with problems installing drivers.

Lots of posts from people having problems with corruption with the Blaster
Titanium 4400 and not many like this http://tinyurl.com/zd5i 1.4ghz Athlon
Geforce 2 GTS (I know different card)

Paulo De Souza
December 15th 03, 10:16 PM
> No he added them to the auction becuase he could not load the drivers on the
> 2 systems he tried it on therefore he could only assume it was faulty it was
> certainly not working for him. He could not of sold it w/o those knowing he
> could never get the drivers loaded.
>
> Thats as long as he`s being honest which I suspect he is and there is no
> corruption on screen in which case using the driver routine is a ploy to
> make it sound like he ain`t got a clue.

Say the seller is a total ****wit (abit like you) and couldn't install the drivers on the pc
hence he wouldn't know if the gfx card had other problems. Isn't him telling porkies. You know
how far he's gotten beyond that point u cant expect him to know what's wrong. Its sold as faulty
and you have taken a gamble. If it turns out its faulty then that's it you cant say the seller cheated you!
Paulo

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 10:31 PM
J.Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:31:17 -0000
> "Chris 159" > wrote:
>

>> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
>> 41
>>> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the
>>> card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet
>>> but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an honest
>>> auction description as it would appear to be.
>>>
>>> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
>>> bad
>> ram
>>> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of
>>> screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
>>> representation would not mention screen corruption which it does
>>> not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only
>>> occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
>>> pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
>>>
>>> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
>> 87
>>> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have
>>> bid on
>> it.
>>>
>>> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
>>> the graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
>>> are loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory
>>> lower slowing down
>> the
>>> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption
>>> occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a
>>> right to feel cheated.
>>>
>>> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>>>

>> the word **** springs to mind.
>
> I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
> term for the female genitalia.

Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one you
mention.
A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Dr Zoidberg
December 15th 03, 10:35 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
> "Gizmo" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen
>>> in which case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s
>>> a chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
>>> functioning board just needing the right drivers. Corruption isn`t
>>> mentioned in the description so corruption shouldn`t be there - to
>>> have it and not mention it would make it more sellable becuase
>>> corruption means its 100% no possible other explanation knackered.
>>
>> IF the corruption thing is so important to you, why didnt you use
>> "ask the seller a question" ?
>>

> Its as simple as this - POST/BIOS corruption = 0% chance of it
> working now do you understand why its so important to me ? tbh I only
> found out about the corruption issue after the auction had ended by
> searching google for people with problems installing drivers.

Well you should have done this before bidding , although why you think that
this will be the case for the card you are buying is beyond me.

Oh , and as for cards with the POST screens corrupted being useless , well
thats another thing you have got wrong.

The card in my brothers machine has slightly corrupted fonts on the POST
screens which run at 640*480 , but when running a windows desktop at 800* or
1024* , it works superbly.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Nick Le Lievre
December 15th 03, 10:40 PM
"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:

> >> IF the corruption thing is so important to you, why didnt you use
> >> "ask the seller a question" ?
> >>

> > Its as simple as this - POST/BIOS corruption = 0% chance of it
> > working now do you understand why its so important to me ? tbh I only
> > found out about the corruption issue after the auction had ended by
> > searching google for people with problems installing drivers.
>
> Well you should have done this before bidding , although why you think
that
> this will be the case for the card you are buying is beyond me.

Its a possibility although installing the wrong drivers is a more likely
one.

> Oh , and as for cards with the POST screens corrupted being useless , well
> thats another thing you have got wrong.
>
> The card in my brothers machine has slightly corrupted fonts on the POST
> screens which run at 640*480 , but when running a windows desktop at 800*
or
> 1024* , it works superbly.

Yeah we`re not talking about a font corruption you can work with - we`re
talking chequered boarded effects (Black & White squares all over the
screen) and other wierd stuff happening at POST and in the BIOS setup.

Paul Bunyan
December 15th 03, 11:00 PM
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27
> 69544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
> recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved
> the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an
> honest auction description as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
> correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
> does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
> only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
>
> This auction
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&catego
> ry=27387 clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not
> have bid on it.
>
> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
> loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
> slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen
> corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I
> have a right to feel cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

Nick,

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and give up PCs and get yourself
another hobby. Something cheap, and safe, that doesnt **** other people
off. Maybe offshore powerboat racing. Or sky-diving. Or javelin
catching.

The seller clearly states the card does not work, but now you claim
"mis-representation" because you have suddenly realise you may have
thrown your money away and bought a card that *gasp* DOES NOT WORK just
like it so clearly says in the description?

Are you on medication that adjusts your perception of reality? Did your
mother take heaps of LSD when she was pregnant with you?

If you've seen 100 graphics cards with the same fault that doesnt mean
that the one you bought will have the same fault.

IANAL but your claim of "mis-representation" is verging on the
libellous, and if I was the seller reading your post I would be pretty
****ed off.

Its not working. It clearly stated that. But there is a place that it
will work, isnt there Nick; in that weird little world in your head
that spills out onto the internet way too often.

As I say, do the world a favour and stop meddling with PCs and the
internet. It just seems to get you into trouble.

Paul B)

Col
December 15th 03, 11:06 PM
nick said "a perfectly functioning board just needing the right drivers."

Well yes, Creative and Nvidia you do have to be really really careful when
choosing drivers for these seldom heard of companies with there specialist
technology. I think youve taken this buying ****ed hardware to a new level,
You have created an art form sir. Ha Ha Ha

Col.

> [...]
> > business, and haven't had time to test them"
> >
> > You say somewhere that you would not be happy if the board had
corruption
> > from booting as mine did. Did you ask before you bought it?
> >
> > And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching
> > make sure YOU describe it properly!
> >

> Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in which
> case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a
slim
> one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just
needing
> the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
> corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make
it
> more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other

Chris 159
December 15th 03, 11:08 PM
"Paul Bunyan" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
>
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27
> > 69544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
> > recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved
> > the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an
> > honest auction description as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> > mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
> > correct representation would not mention screen corruption which it
> > does not. However there is a possibility that the screen corruption
> > only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to
> > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> >
> > This auction
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&catego
> > ry=27387 clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not
> > have bid on it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are
> > loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
> > slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen
> > corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that I
> > have a right to feel cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> Nick,
>
> Do yourself and everyone else a favour and give up PCs and get yourself
> another hobby.

>javelin
> catching.

LMAO

Col
December 15th 03, 11:10 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> > Nick Le Lievre wrote:

> > > Its as simple as this - POST/BIOS corruption = 0% chance of it
> > > working now do you understand why its so important to me ? tbh I only
> > > found out about the corruption issue after the auction had ended by
> > > searching google for people with problems installing drivers.
> >
> > Well you should have done this before bidding , although why you think
> that
> > this will be the case for the card you are buying is beyond me.
> >

> Its a possibility although installing the wrong drivers is a more likely
> one.
>
> > Oh , and as for cards with the POST screens corrupted being useless ,
well
> > thats another thing you have got wrong.
> >
> > The card in my brothers machine has slightly corrupted fonts on the POST
> > screens which run at 640*480 , but when running a windows desktop at
800*
> or
> > 1024* , it works superbly.
>
> Yeah we`re not talking about a font corruption you can work with - we`re
> talking chequered boarded effects (Black & White squares all over the
> screen) and other wierd stuff happening at POST and in the BIOS setup.

Oh bloody hell you shouldve said before, that makes it very very different.
Youre not worried about it being faulty youre worried about it being FAULTY.
Now I see where youre comming from.

......NOT ;-)

Col.

Col
December 15th 03, 11:18 PM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Hoot!!!" (nospam)> wrote in message
> > The card is bust so...
> > sell it on ebay
> > plenty of idiots buy faulty things.
> >
> > Have a merry xmas all and drunk new year!!
> >

> Yeah I know I could put it back on eBay but I don`t believe in selling
known
> faulty items. I don`t believe in buying them either but the wording on
this
> particular auction was thus as too make it look like it was only faulty
> becuase he couldn`t install the drivers on 2 different systems
>Snip<

It was only faulty because of WHAT? It was only faulty because it didnt
work!

=-)

Gran
December 15th 03, 11:52 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:41:27 +0000, Gran awoke and wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:25:48 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:
>
>>"Pip" > wrote in message
>
>>> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
>>> gimp-boy.
>
>>I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
>>satisfied with my service so its been sorted.
>
>Tell you what - you want this, you do:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945
>
>You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.

Nice ad ... but I'd take issue with the seller. The Honda 400-4 was
(IMHO) a bigger heap of nervous gerbil pooh as far as handling was
concerned.
--
Gran
I had too many hobbies - I had to cut out decoupage

Gran
December 15th 03, 11:55 PM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:31:38 -0000, Gran awoke and wrote:

>J.Clarke wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:31:17 -0000

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27695442
>>> 41

>>> ram

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=273
>>> 87
>>> it.

>>> the

>>> the word **** springs to mind.
>>
>> I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
>> term for the female genitalia.
>>
>Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one you
>mention.
>A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.

I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.

--
Gran
I had too many hobbies - I had to cut out decoupage

Automated Zero
December 15th 03, 11:57 PM
"Paul Bunyan" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
>
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=27
> > 69544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
> > recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not
recieved
> > the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given
an
> > honest auction description as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards
is
> > bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> > mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a
> > correct representation would not mention screen corruption which
it
> > does not. However there is a possibility that the screen
corruption
> > only occurs once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason
> > pretend he could not get the drivers loaded.
> >
> > This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&catego
> > ry=27387 clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would
not
> > have bid on it.
> >
> > I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock
the
> > graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers
are
> > loaded obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower
> > slowing down the card as a way around it - but I feel that if
screen
> > corruption occurs it will be obvious to me when I test it and that
> > have a right to feel cheated.
> >
> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>
> Nick,
>
> Do yourself and everyone else a favour and give up PCs and get
yourself
> another hobby. Something cheap, and safe, that doesnt **** other
people
> off. Maybe offshore powerboat racing. Or sky-diving. Or javelin
> catching.

Or sky-diving.....FS parachute not working, none functional. Broke.
Maybe I or my friend I got it off have packed it incorrectly.
I have tried it with a few jumps but could not get it to deploy either
main chute or reserve. I have found it opens on impact though. N.R.
Any one interested? 1 minute left.

TMack
December 16th 03, 12:06 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> > Nick Le Lievre wrote:

> > > Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem
> > > the original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption
> > > problem. However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have
> > > thought he would of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.
> > >
> > > When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.
> >
> > So I say again , what has changed since the time you placed the bid?
> >

> Mainly my knowledge of this particular model of the card and the
likelyhood
> of it being just being a driver installation problem which from the
> description it would appear to be (ignoring the words not working and
> faulty for which there is no explanation apart from the drivers not
> which could be becuase of a number of things).

The vendor has described his failure to get the card to work. He has also
stated that could be other problems beyong the one that he experienced. The
words 'non-working' and 'faulty' mean exactly what they say - the vendor was
unable to get it to work and has made it VERY clear that the card has been
sold as non-working and without ANY suggestion that it is repairable. The
fact that you are now having second thoughts after buying it is completely
irrelevant. If by some miracle you find a way to revive it then you have
got more than you paid for. If you fail to revive it you have got EXACTLY
what you paid for. Up to this point the situation is crystal clear. What
is beyong comprehension is that you should start posting this twaddle even
before you have got the damned thing. Are you some kind of weird masochist?
You should have known that you would be making yourself a laughing stock
(AGAIN!). if you didn't realise then you really do have major problems.
You were on the verge of rehabilitation after making good the losses that
other had incurred in their dealings with you and now this!!!! If you
haven't worked it out by now you need to understand that you have
fundamental problems with communication and social skills - this may not be
your fault but you should try to find some way to manage these problems
rather than reinforcing them by engaging in these long pointlessly
argumentative and incoherent debates on usenet.

Good luck

Tony

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 12:20 AM
"TMack" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> > > So I say again , what has changed since the time you placed the bid?
> > >

> > Mainly my knowledge of this particular model of the card and the
> likelyhood
> > of it being just being a driver installation problem which from the
> > description it would appear to be (ignoring the words not working and
> > faulty for which there is no explanation apart from the drivers not
> > which could be becuase of a number of things).
>
> The vendor has described his failure to get the card to work. He has also
> stated that could be other problems beyong the one that he experienced.
The
> words 'non-working' and 'faulty' mean exactly what they say - the vendor
was
> unable to get it to work and has made it VERY clear that the card has been
> sold as non-working and without ANY suggestion that it is repairable.

The fault itself is not mentioned apart from the fact that he could not load
the driver which in my opinion is not likely to be a problem with the card
itself but the driver or the system its installed in - however I could be
wrong and if I am it will have been a lesson in faulty graphics cards. The
last faulty graphics card I saw would only POST about 1 in 50 times so I
haven`t got a lot of expierience with them - but I am quite excited by the
prospect of testing it.

The
> fact that you are now having second thoughts after buying it is completely
> irrelevant. If by some miracle you find a way to revive it then you have
> got more than you paid for. If you fail to revive it you have got EXACTLY
> what you paid for. Up to this point the situation is crystal clear. What
> is beyong comprehension is that you should start posting this twaddle even
> before you have got the damned thing. Are you some kind of weird
masochist?
> You should have known that you would be making yourself a laughing stock
> (AGAIN!). if you didn't realise then you really do have major problems.

I don`t really care how it looks to everyone else - I took the risk - I
believe in myself.

> You were on the verge of rehabilitation after making good the losses that
> other had incurred in their dealings with you and now this!!!! If you
> haven't worked it out by now you need to understand that you have
> fundamental problems with communication and social skills - this may not
be
> your fault but you should try to find some way to manage these problems
> rather than reinforcing them by engaging in these long pointlessly
> argumentative and incoherent debates on usenet.

I`m not the one arging just trying to get my points across and looking for
some usefull comment.

Tx2
December 16th 03, 12:25 AM
In newsgroup meesage >,
, a.k.a Nick Le Lievre says...

> If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t know
> how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking I
> might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol ....

"might be able to figure out how to fill it"...?
Yeah, that figures.

A numbnut like you therefore might actually figure out that the seller
is selling it as not working ... period ... regardless of whether you
get it working or not.

What ****in' planet are you currently on?

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 12:33 AM
"Tx2" > wrote in message
> In newsgroup meesage >,
> , a.k.a Nick Le Lievre says...
>

> > If you sold me a car and said it doesn`t run "I`ve tried but I don`t
know
> > how to fill it with petrol" - I might take a gamble and buy it thinking
> > might be able to figure out how to fill it with petrol ....
>
> "might be able to figure out how to fill it"...?
> Yeah, that figures.
>
> A numbnut like you therefore might actually figure out that the seller
> is selling it as not working ... period ... regardless of whether you
> get it working or not.
>
> What ****in' planet are you currently on?

I`m just saying - I`ll be annoyed if there is the BIOS/POST corruption issue
on this card - becuase if it was me I would not even sell the card on eBay
as not working / faulty if I knew it wasn`t repairable or could possibly be
made to work in some way.

There are those who believe in being fair and honest about selling items
that they cannot get working and those who sell items who know there`s no
way of it ever working. I suspect my seller believes that the card may work
but he can only sell it as not working / faulty becuase he was unable to
load the drivers which itself is a problem.

It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it working
then bought a new card - so there`s my challenge to give it a proper
thorough test.

Chris Malme
December 16th 03, 12:43 AM
Conor > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> says...
>
> > Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other -
> > if the screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I
> > will leave negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact
> > from the auction description
>
> IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
> feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
>
> My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
> across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.

On the other hand, if it *does* work, Nick will probably want to leave neg
feedback as it wasn't faulty "as advertised".

--
Chris
Minstrel's Hall of Filk - http://www.filklore.com/

Tx2
December 16th 03, 12:44 AM
In newsgroup meesage >,
, a.k.a Nick Le Lievre says...

> It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it working
> then bought a new card

He's selling it as not working ..... FFS .... it doesn't matter if it
is or isn't!!

If you get it working, it may be because you tried something he didn't.

But he's selling it as not working regardless.
If you buy it, you have NO comeback.

Stop acting like a total plank!!!

Chris 159
December 16th 03, 12:46 AM
"Tx2" > wrote in message
> In newsgroup meesage >,
> , a.k.a Nick Le Lievre says...
>

> > It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it
working
> > then bought a new card
>
> He's selling it as not working ..... FFS .... it doesn't matter if it
> is or isn't!!
>
> If you get it working, it may be because you tried something he didn't.
>
> But he's selling it as not working regardless.
> If you buy it, you have NO comeback.
>
> Stop acting like a total plank!!!

how else is a plank supposed to act ? :-/

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 12:48 AM
"Tx2" > wrote in message
> In newsgroup meesage >,
> , a.k.a Nick Le Lievre says...
>
> > It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it
working
> > then bought a new card
>
> He's selling it as not working ..... FFS .... it doesn't matter if it
> is or isn't!!
>
> If you get it working, it may be because you tried something he didn't.
>
> But he's selling it as not working regardless.
> If you buy it, you have NO comeback.
>
> Stop acting like a total plank!!!

Yeah but if BIOS/POST corruption is there I think it should of been
mentioned in the description because it is pretty bad and very obvious - but
I do not think my seller has seen this becuase I believe he would not of put
it on eBay had this been the case - he does not come across as that kinda
person.

My feedback will be positive unless I really feel the item should really
have been thrown in the dustbin then I might leave a neutral based on the
fact it is sold as faulty.

Rob Morley
December 16th 03, 12:51 AM
In article >, "TMack"
says...
<snip>
> If you
> haven't worked it out by now you need to understand that you have
> fundamental problems with communication and social skills - this may not be
> your fault but you should try to find some way to manage these problems
> rather than reinforcing them by engaging in these long pointlessly
> argumentative and incoherent debates on usenet.

http://users.wpi.edu/~trek/aspergers.html

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 12:53 AM
"Chris Malme" > wrote in message
> Conor > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > says...
> >
> > > Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other -
> > > if the screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I
> > > will leave negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact
> > > from the auction description
> >
> > IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
> > feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
> >
> > My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
> > across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.
>
> On the other hand, if it *does* work, Nick will probably want to leave neg
> feedback as it wasn't faulty "as advertised".

If it works we both win - he got good money for it 38 and I get a working
card - if it doesn`t work and I feel it is so obvious as to why and that it
should have been thrown in the dustbin I will leave a neutral at worst. The
drivers not loading is something I am interested into finding out the cause
of - he says he cannot guarantee that it will be recognised in any other
computer but I feel this was posted due to pressure from a barrage of
questions from prospective bidders.

Dom Robinson
December 16th 03, 01:04 AM
In article >,
says...
> It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it working
> then bought a new card - so there`s my challenge to give it a proper
> thorough test.

It sounds like he saw you coming.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor), http://LeilaniWeb.co.uk (editor),

Paul Hopwood
December 16th 03, 01:07 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:

>> So I say again , what has changed since the time you placed the bid?

>Mainly my knowledge of this particular model of the card and the likelyhood
>of it being just being a driver installation problem which from the
>description it would appear to be (ignoring the words not working and
>faulty for which there is no explanation apart from the drivers not loading
>which could be becuase of a number of things).

Ok, so what we're now saying is if we ignore all the bits about it not
working, being faulty and any other reference to it being f**ked then
it might, in fact, be working?

We could also ignore the reference to it being a Creative graphics
card and it might be an Ferrari GTO with ejector pack and James Bond
machine guns.

So I reckon you've either brought a f**ked graphics card or one of
kind classic sports car in mint condition. Well, I'd be happy to
stick a tenner on you getting one of 'em!

--
>iv< Paul >iv<

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 01:07 AM
"Dom Robinson" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it
working
> > then bought a new card - so there`s my challenge to give it a proper
> > thorough test.
> >
> It sounds like he saw you coming.

We shall soon see - the only way I can critizise him for anything is the
very obvious/noticable BIOS/POST corruption issue is there then I will feel
he was not being entirely honest about how "the drivers would not load
properly in 2 systems"

Its a neutral feedback at worst and I will give positive even if the card is
faulty for any other reason - then a very obvious one.

Lenny
December 16th 03, 01:12 AM
> I`m a gambler.

Please click this link: http://www.localhost.nl/stuff/flash/idiot.swf

DaveL
December 16th 03, 01:20 AM
Not only are you an MFing sniper but you and a bad ebayer too. You have to
pay and if you don't you will be in breach of contract.

Dave

"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
> on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
> as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad
ram
> which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of screen
> corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation would
> not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
> possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
> loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
> loaded.
>
> This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773276243&category=27387
> clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on
it.

> I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
> graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are loaded
> obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down
the
> card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
> will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
> cheated.
>
> As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

Tony Houghton
December 16th 03, 01:23 AM
In >,
Gran <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:31:38 -0000, Gran awoke and wrote:
>
>>J.Clarke wrote:
>>>
>>> I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
>>> term for the female genitalia.
>>>
>>Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one
>>you mention. A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.
>
> I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.

And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See <http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html> for more reliable contact addresses.

DaveL
December 16th 03, 01:26 AM
The drivers won't load because the card is toast. What else could it be?
Are you going to decipher that that ram is dodgy and then say you want your
money back because the seller could not come to the same conclusion? All he
knows is the card would not work. He doesn't know why. Maybe it does have
bad ram and that is why the driver won't load. You still got what you paid
for.

Dave

"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Chris Malme" > wrote in message
> > Conor > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > In article >,
> > > says...

> > > IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
> > > feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
> > >
> > > My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
> > > across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.
> >
> > On the other hand, if it *does* work, Nick will probably want to leave
neg
> > feedback as it wasn't faulty "as advertised".
> >

> If it works we both win - he got good money for it 38 and I get a
working
> card - if it doesn`t work and I feel it is so obvious as to why and that
it
> should have been thrown in the dustbin I will leave a neutral at worst.
The
> drivers not loading is something I am interested into finding out the
cause
> of - he says he cannot guarantee that it will be recognised in any other
> computer but I feel this was posted due to pressure from a barrage of
> questions from prospective bidders.

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 01:30 AM
"DaveL" > wrote in message
> The drivers won't load because the card is toast. What else could it be?
> Are you going to decipher that that ram is dodgy and then say you want
your
> money back because the seller could not come to the same conclusion? All
he
> knows is the card would not work. He doesn't know why. Maybe it does
have
> bad ram and that is why the driver won't load. You still got what you
paid
> for.
>
> Dave

If I too simply cannot get drivers to load I will then say christ that`s
wierd I can understand why this guy got frustrated with it and gave up - and
will leave positive feedback. If however it is accompanied with other issues
that were not mentioned such as chequered boarding and corrupted graphics at
BIOS/POST I will then say that guy should really have mentioned this in the
description as it would have put off a lot of bidders and will leave
neutral.

Tony Houghton
December 16th 03, 01:30 AM
In >,
Nick Le Lievre > wrote:

> Yeah but if BIOS/POST corruption is there I think it should of been
> mentioned in the description because it is pretty bad and very obvious - but
> I do not think my seller has seen this becuase I believe he would not of put
> it on eBay had this been the case - he does not come across as that kinda
> person.

Here's another hobby you should take up instead of computers: join a
circus and ride a bicycle backwards.

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See <http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html> for more reliable contact addresses.

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 01:31 AM
"DaveL" > wrote in message
> Not only are you an MFing sniper but you and a bad ebayer too. You have
> pay and if you don't you will be in breach of contract.
>
> Dave

I already paid.

Gizmo
December 16th 03, 01:41 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Dom Robinson" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > says...
> > > It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it
> working
> > > then bought a new card - so there`s my challenge to give it a proper
> > > thorough test.
> > >
> > It sounds like he saw you coming.
>
> We shall soon see - the only way I can critizise him for anything is the
> very obvious/noticable BIOS/POST corruption issue is there then I will
feel
> he was not being entirely honest about how "the drivers would not load
> properly in 2 systems"
>
> Its a neutral feedback at worst and I will give positive even if the card
is
> faulty for any other reason - then a very obvious one.

Just sat here wondering how many other sellers in this NG have added you to
their ****list (BBL).
Ebay can do without ****wits like you.

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 01:44 AM
"Gizmo" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > "Dom Robinson" > wrote in message
> > > In article >,
> > > says...
> > working
> > > >
> > > It sounds like he saw you coming.
> >
> > We shall soon see - the only way I can critizise him for anything is the
> > very obvious/noticable BIOS/POST corruption issue is there then I will
> feel
> > he was not being entirely honest about how "the drivers would not load
> > properly in 2 systems"
> >
> > Its a neutral feedback at worst and I will give positive even if the
card
> is
> > faulty for any other reason - then a very obvious one.
>
> Just sat here wondering how many other sellers in this NG have added you
> their ****list (BBL).
> Ebay can do without ****wits like you.

Why cos I believe people should not sell things they know are faulty without
describing every important fact pertailing as to the symptoms of this fault
in order to give the bidders a fair chance of it realising a realistic price
based on its condition.

Ferger
December 16th 03, 01:48 AM
Nick Le Lievre secured a place in history by writing:

> I bought this item on eBay
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=276
> 9544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
> recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved
> the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an
> honest auction description as it would appear to be.
>
> The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
> representation would not mention screen corruption which it does not.
> However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only occurs
> once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he
> could not get the drivers loaded.

FFS. He might have your insight into what could be wrong with the card,
and be a charlatan. Or he might have as much insight as most people do ie
just about understand that you need something called 'a driver' to make the
card work and it doesn't (pretty pattern on the way through!)

I can't believe you posted this TBH.. Your gripe is 'I know he said it
didn't work, but I fear that it may not work for a different reason from
the one he thinks, which is far worse than the reason he suggests, despite
the not working claim being made in apparently good faith in as much as it
says this item DOESN'T WORK". That's moronic isn't it? Like, totally,
utterly not the thinking of a sane person idiocy??.

And you continue to argue the toss for next 50 messages as well???? All
these people calling you an asshole....doesn't that make you pause and
think for even a second?

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 01:52 AM
"Ferger" > wrote in message
> Nick Le Lievre secured a place in history by writing:
>
> > I bought this item on eBay
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=276
> > 9544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
> > recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved
> > the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an
> > honest auction description as it would appear to be.
> >
> > The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
> > bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
> > mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
> > representation would not mention screen corruption which it does not.
> > However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only occurs
> > once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he
> > could not get the drivers loaded.
> >

> FFS. He might have your insight into what could be wrong with the card,
> and be a charlatan. Or he might have as much insight as most people do ie
> just about understand that you need something called 'a driver' to make
the
> card work and it doesn't (pretty pattern on the way through!)
>
> I can't believe you posted this TBH.. Your gripe is 'I know he said it
> didn't work, but I fear that it may not work for a different reason from
> the one he thinks, which is far worse than the reason he suggests, despite
> the not working claim being made in apparently good faith in as much as it
> says this item DOESN'T WORK". That's moronic isn't it? Like, totally,
> utterly not the thinking of a sane person idiocy??.
>
> And you continue to argue the toss for next 50 messages as well???? All
> these people calling you an asshole....doesn't that make you pause and
> think for even a second?

I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item they`ve
sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So they
think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of behaviour -
I`m not I can be ecomonical with the truth at times myself but when it comes
with computer hardware if I think somethings important I`ll mention it and I
think my buyer shares my attitude - thats why I took the risk - I liked his
description.

Chris 159
December 16th 03, 01:58 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
> relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item
they`ve
> sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So they
> think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of
behaviour -

we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
things in the news groups

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 02:03 AM
"Chris 159" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
>

> > I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
> > relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item
> they`ve
> > sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So
they
> > think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of
> behaviour -
>
> we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
> things in the news groups

Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?

Chris 159
December 16th 03, 02:06 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Chris 159" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> >

> > > I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can
probably
> > > relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item
> > they`ve
> > > sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So
> they
> > > think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of
> > behaviour -
> >
> > we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
> > things in the news groups
> >

> Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?

'your' bathroom with the door locked ?

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 02:08 AM
"Chris 159" > wrote in message

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> probably
> > > they`ve
> > they
> > > behaviour -
> > >
> > > we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
> > > things in the news groups
> > >
> > Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?
> >
> 'your' bathroom with the door locked ?

I think wanking should be a team sport that`s why I hook up with you guys on
here.

Chris 159
December 16th 03, 02:12 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Chris 159" > wrote in message

> > probably
So
> > > they

> > > Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?
> > >
> > 'your' bathroom with the door locked ?
> >

> I think wanking should be a team sport that`s why I hook up with you guys
on
> here.

i wasnt reffering to your sole sexual activities.
i was reffering to the amount of **** coming out of your mind being equal to
or more than the amount that comes out of your anus

Dom Robinson
December 16th 03, 02:51 AM
In article >,
says...
> > Ebay can do without ****wits like you.
> >

> Why cos I believe people should not sell things they know are faulty without
> describing every important fact pertailing as to the symptoms of this fault
> in order to give the bidders a fair chance of it realising a realistic price
> based on its condition.

He may well have done.

Look, I hope it does work for you, but you're really coming across as such a
doofus on here.

I bet you also bought the ZX Spectrum game, "Don't Buy This" and when your Mum
told you, "Don't touch that plate - it's hot"...
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor), http://LeilaniWeb.co.uk (editor),
/* 959 DVDs, 269 games, 33 videos, 68 cinema films, 70 CDs, laserdiscs & news
/* max payne 2, daewoo setpal, hamtaro, yesspeak, rainbow six 3, terminator 3
RESULT! ITV "blackouts" on Sky Digital - http://tinyurl.com/w4mf
Vote for Adam Shaw to host HIGNFY! - http://tinyurl.com/w4m7

Sith Lord
December 16th 03, 09:17 AM
(uk.people.consumers.ebay dropped as non-existent on my server)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC) in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Tony Houghton >
wrote:

>In >,
>Gran <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one
>>>you mention. A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.
>>
>> I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.
>
>And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.

As that teacher says in South Park, I wouldn't trust anything that
bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Peter James
December 16th 03, 09:24 AM
"as mellow as a horse" > wrote in message
> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > I bought this item on eBay

<snip>

> I sold a ti4600 on ebay in similar circumstances. I even mentioned that
it
> had corruption right from the BIOS screen, yet I still got 50 for it!
I've
> also been screwed by people selling stuff as "untested" (cough!), but at
> least this guy is upfront. The usual spiel for such items is "we found
> the[se] item[s] at the back of the stock cupboard/bought from a bankrupt
> business, and haven't had time to test them"
>
> You say somewhere that you would not be happy if the board had corruption
> from booting as mine did. Did you ask before you bought it?

LOL! With only 32 seconds left to get his bid in, he couldn't have had time
to ask himself which way was up never mind ask the seller anything.

> And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching to
> make sure YOU describe it properly!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:12 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:01:30 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>Hi;
>
>I bought this item on eBay
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544241
>on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
>but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
>starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction description
>as it would appear to be.

So where is the "mis representation"? Are you trying to pull a Dubby
Bush or something?

It SAYS FAULTY CARD... take your chances.... you did... but who knows
it may work for you... A tech who KNOWS about video cards, may know
how to fix it.

Pay the 36pounds, if it works fine - if not, enjoy.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:12 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:57:30 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>>Nick, this is fate giving you a well deserved kicking for all the crap
>>you've dished out to people unfortunate enough to deal with you.
>
>Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other - if the
>screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I will leave
>negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact from the auction
>description if in fact the screen corruption only occurs if and when I can
>get drivers loading then I will give him the benefit of the doubt (I may be
>able to slow the memory down if its that type of problem)
>
>The infomation I have is the screen corruption is along the lines of
>chequered board effects on the screen etc even at POST which is faulty plain
>and simple not I couldn`t get the drivers loaded. Im not complaining I knew
>the risks but if crucial information has been omitted I will be annoyed.

You're an idiot...

What part of FAULT and NON WORKING did you not understand.

If you slam the seller, I hope MANY of us send emails to EBAY to let
them know that the BUYER was at Fault and Not WORKING.

Besides... Ebay should have a human to check on ISSUES like this and
will see the original Auction posts to confirm YOU WERE WARNED.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:12 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:10:32 -0000, Conor >
wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> Not nothing is concrete yet I haven`t got the card but I will be ****ed if
>> the cards got the screen corruption problem and find it hard to believe he
>> just "couldn`t load the drivers"
>>
>What an idiot you are Nick. Wanna buy a bridge?

Hey you! Tha't not YOUR bridge to SELL! Its MINE!! Check it out on
Ebay... its currently $12!

PS: Yes, there were PEOPLE who actually SOLD the Brooklyn Bridge to
MORONS!! At least one idiot buyer had setup a TOLL BOTH to charge
people to walk across it (hence, the reason he bought it).

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:15 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:35:55 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:
>
>If I quit and gave up everytime something in my system wasn`t "working" I`d
>be sitting here in 16 color 640 * 480 w/o sound or modem.

So you only stare at 16color screens half the time?

>> Eh? Are you not the most singularly stupid person on the planet?
>>

>Not stupid enough to write something off without giving it the benefit of my
>vast expierience.

Yes, you're an idiot. Theres a difference of a person taking a gamble
on this card... and if it turns out DEAD - oh well. No big deal. I
found a KT266 Mobo last year, didn't pay a penny. Spent a few minutes
to see if its dead... it was. oh well.

But you're getting upset about buying a noted defective product, or
ASSUMED defective product. And saying you'll be ****ED if you
actually bought a defective product, hoping that the SELLER was an
idiot. You're paying nothing for a possibly bad card...

You're an idiot... and a greedy asshole to boot.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:20 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:10:15 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>>
>> You are an idiot.
>>

>I`m a gambler.

Gamblers are fools... but you're king of the Idiot gamblers.

I will vote your IDIOT of the YEAR award for 2003 ACPVN!!

Anyone else care to vote?

Man... I don't think we had a contender for the entire year, but YOU
manage to squeeze it in - 15 days before 2004.

We'll need a photo.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:21 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:11:34 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>> sound mind, which evidence shows you may get out in this one !
>>

>I already paid I don`t intend to neg him unless I feel there is reasonable
>suspision to suspect he knew more then he was letting on.

Oh please DEAR GOD!! Tell me you DON'T REPRODUCE!!

If you've never seen a vagina... we're in luck! (must be human to
count)

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:24 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:34:57 -0000, "Gizmo" > wrote:

>You asked for views - I gave you mine.
>
>Is English not your first language ?
>The seller makes it patently clear in his description that the card is
>"faulty" and "not working". Which of those dont you understand ? Do they
>not directly translate into your prime language ?

You know what's sad.... Monty Python's Pet-Shop <> Dead Parrot skit
was much more funny than this ****....

And this moron is more of an idiot than the Pet Shop owner.

"Its a DEAD PARROT! It cease to EXISTS you twit!!"

"oh, its only sleeping..."

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:39 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:41:27 +0000, Pip > wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:25:48 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:
>
>>"Pip" > wrote in message
>
>>> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
>>> gimp-boy.
>
>>I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
>>satisfied with my service so its been sorted.
>
>Tell you what - you want this, you do:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945
>
>You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.

OMG!!! Man I was almost ****ing my pants on that one!!!

Hey, back when I was 15yrs old... A friend (17yrs old) wanted his Dad
to buy him a dead car so he could fix it up.... but he never fixed a
car in his life... about $50~100 for the car. Body was kinda bad, no
interior... no windows.... who knows what else! It would cost about
$5000 in parts to get into running order.

He dad bought him a 10yr old car for $600... great condition.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:41 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:11:53 -0500, "J.Clarke"
> wrote:

>> > As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?
>> >

>> the word **** springs to mind.
>
>I am curious--what does "****" mean in the UK? In the US it is rude
>term for the female genitalia.

Hey... twits go into ****s... Besides... **** isn't really that
bad... depends what kind of Ho you're talking to.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:45 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:38:59 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>> And if it doesn't work just sell it on! I'm sure we'll all be watching to
>> make sure YOU describe it properly!
>>

>Yeah but he doesn`t mention corruption right from the BIOS screen in which
>case I would not have touched. I bid on it because there`s a chance (a slim
>one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly functioning board just needing
>the right drivers. Corruption isn`t mentioned in the description so
>corruption shouldn`t be there - to have it and not mention it would make it
>more sellable becuase corruption means its 100% no possible other
>explanation knackered.

It must suck to be you.

Stated - Faulty card, stated Maybe OTHER problems with card.
A defect product may show two different problems in two different
computers.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:48 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:50:21 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
>> Nick Le Lievre wrote:
>> > I bid on it because there`s a
>> > chance (a slim one now I must admit) that it is a perfectly
>> > functioning board just needing the right drivers.
>>
>> How is the chance of it now working any slimmer than it was when you bid
>on
>> it?
>>

>Becuase this particular board is so prone to the corruption problem the
>original problem his friend had may well have been the corruption problem.
>However usually its from the BIOS screen and I would have thought he would
>of noticed and mentioned it but maybe not.
>
>When I first bid on it I did not know of this fact.

How do you know it does? You don't know anything about this item...
other that ITS FAULTY.

Like the little bit of mass that's inside your skull (thats the hard
thing under your hair).

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:51 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:55:24 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>"Hoot!!!" (nospam)> wrote in message
>> The card is bust so...
>> sell it on ebay
>> plenty of idiots buy faulty things.
>>
>> Have a merry xmas all and drunk new year!!
>>

>Yeah I know I could put it back on eBay but I don`t believe in selling known
>faulty items. I don`t believe in buying them either but the wording on this

Ah... and idiot... and a LIAR. You bought it... as you say, you
gamble.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:52 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:00:59 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:
>>
>> IF the corruption thing is so important to you, why didnt you use "ask the
>> seller a question" ?
>>

>Its as simple as this - POST/BIOS corruption = 0% chance of it working now
>do you understand why its so important to me ? tbh I only found out about
>the corruption issue after the auction had ended by searching google for
>people with problems installing drivers.

And its the sellers fault? You should have RESEARCHED IT before you
bidded!!

Only your brain or Allah could make you click that mouse button to
BID on it...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 10:57 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:33 +0000, Gran <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one you
>>mention.
>>A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.
>
>I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.

Make mens live a pain... gotta have it... but it comes with the
nagging EXTRAS...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 11:03 AM
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:33:02 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>> What ****in' planet are you currently on?
>
>I`m just saying - I`ll be annoyed if there is the BIOS/POST corruption issue
>on this card - becuase if it was me I would not even sell the card on eBay
>as not working / faulty if I knew it wasn`t repairable or could possibly be
>made to work in some way.

Seller SAID there maybe other problems on card that may occur on
someone elses machine. E N G L I S H. go to this site,
www.dictionary.com - look up some words. if the seller is a novice,
then he wouldn't know corruption from a rock... but that sounds more
like you than the seller.

>There are those who believe in being fair and honest about selling items
>that they cannot get working and those who sell items who know there`s no
>way of it ever working. I suspect my seller believes that the card may work
>but he can only sell it as not working / faulty becuase he was unable to
>load the drivers which itself is a problem.

Yep... take it at face value. But you can't do that.

>It sounds like he quickly got fed up of trying somethings to get it working
>then bought a new card - so there`s my challenge to give it a proper
>thorough test.

I doubt you can give anything a "thorough testing"... I've worked
with moron techs... one tech believed that EVERY solution to a PC
problem was LOW LEVEL FORMAT the HARD DRIVE.

He ****ed every computer he touched... We couldn't fire him quick
enough.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 11:08 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
> wrote:

>In >,
>Gran <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Yep , an abusive term which has amongst its many meanings , the one
>>>you mention. A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar really.
>>
>> I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.
>
>And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.

Oh YES IT IS!!! It means youre NOT going to be a FATHER!!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Gizmo
December 16th 03, 11:22 AM
"Darthy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:01:30 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi;
> >
> >I bought this item on eBay
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544
241
> >on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the card
> >but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
> >starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction
description
> >as it would appear to be.
>
> So where is the "mis representation"? Are you trying to pull a Dubby
> Bush or something?

Nick is well used to trying to pull a fast one on Ebay .... ask him about
his selling techniques. Something about taking money and not supplying goods
wasnt it Nick ?

Darthy
December 16th 03, 11:23 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:52:42 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>> And you continue to argue the toss for next 50 messages as well???? All
>> these people calling you an asshole....doesn't that make you pause and
>> think for even a second?
>>

>I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
>relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item they`ve
>sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So they
>think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of behaviour -

Keep telling yourself that? Gee, I guess you have to, don't you? I'm
an asshole in my own right - but people don't go around calling me
IDIOT.

You're an idiot for not understanding the seller.

You're an asshole for THINKING about taking advantage of a situation.
I and others here TRY to help people with their issues. You're a
double retarded jerk because you're WORRIED that you ****ed up on a
purchase and that you think you have the COMMON RIGHT to bitch about
your own **** up.

You're rude for making an accusation of a person based on a possible
stupid idea on your part.

>I`m not I can be ecomonical with the truth at times myself but when it comes
>with computer hardware if I think somethings important I`ll mention it and I
>think my buyer shares my attitude - thats why I took the risk - I liked his
>description.

Obviously, you *DON'T* like his description... because you've changed
YOUR mind.

I'll ASK... FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT NICK LE LIEVRE is in the RIGHT
about this topic, please SPEAK UP... because there hasn't been a
SINGLE POST here to support your stupid ideas.

Hey, I bought 2 models from a dealer - He wanted $20 for them, I
offered him $7 each - He agreed on $10. My brain went to shock for a
split second and I handed him $10. Needless to say, when I saw him
twice later walking by - he gave me a not so friendly look. But hey,
he ****ed up and I laugh at him for it to this very day.

In case you don't understand, I offered him $14 for items he wanted
$20 for that were over priced.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 11:23 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:03:41 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> wrote:

>"Chris 159" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
>>

>> > I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
>> > relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item
>> they`ve
>> > sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So
>they
>> > think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of
>> behaviour -
>>
>> we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
>> things in the news groups
>>

>Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?

In your head or to your teddy bear or Shrink.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 16th 03, 11:26 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:12:11 -0000, "Chris 159"
> wrote:
>> I think wanking should be a team sport that`s why I hook up with you guys
>on
>> here.
>>

>i wasnt reffering to your sole sexual activities.
>i was reffering to the amount of **** coming out of your mind being equal to
>or more than the amount that comes out of your anus

Dude... I've giving you a virtual HIGH FIVE!

(SLAP)

Sad thing is, someone like the OP can run for President!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Andy
December 16th 03, 11:32 AM
"Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message
> "Hoot!!!" (nospam)> wrote in message
> > The card is bust so...
> > sell it on ebay
> > plenty of idiots buy faulty things.
> >
> > Have a merry xmas all and drunk new year!!
> >

> Yeah I know I could put it back on eBay but I don`t believe in selling
known
> faulty items. I don`t believe in buying them either but the wording on
this
> particular auction was thus as too make it look like it was only faulty
> becuase he couldn`t install the drivers on 2 different systems - its
either
> the card or the drivers - most likely the drivers but then one would
assume
> it was faulty with his mate for some other reason - ie screen corruption.

I think youre saying that you bought it because you dont think the 2
previous owners knew
what they were doing and therefore weren't experienced enough to install it
correctly.

I think this is very naive of you. You should know better Nick.

Dr Zoidberg
December 16th 03, 11:33 AM
Darthy wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:12:11 -0000, "Chris 159"
> > wrote:
>>> I think wanking should be a team sport that`s why I hook up with
>>> you guys on here.
>>>

>> i wasnt reffering to your sole sexual activities.
>> i was reffering to the amount of **** coming out of your mind being
>> equal to or more than the amount that comes out of your anus
>
> Dude... I've giving you a virtual HIGH FIVE!
>
> (SLAP)
>
> Sad thing is, someone like the OP can run for President!

And get elected ;-)

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

Rev Green
December 16th 03, 11:40 AM
"Darthy" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
> > wrote:
>
> >In >,
> >Gran <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.
> >
> >And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.
>
> Oh YES IT IS!!! It means youre NOT going to be a FATHER!!

You dont really believe that old wives tale, do you?

~ I never listen to a word I say ~

---

J.Clarke
December 16th 03, 12:49 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:40:47 -0000
"Rev Green" > wrote:

> "Darthy" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
> > > wrote:

> > >rude>>> term for the female genitalia.

> > >one>>you mention. A pretty good description for Nick LeLiar
> > >really.>
> > >
> > >And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.
> >
> > Oh YES IT IS!!! It means youre NOT going to be a FATHER!!
> >

> You dont really believe that old wives tale, do you?

It is rather difficult for someone to become pregnant when their uterine
lining and any ova that might have been present are a bloody mess
draining into their undies or whatever absorbant material they might
have put there.

> ~ I never listen to a word I say ~
>

> ---

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Dom Robinson
December 16th 03, 02:52 PM
In article >,
says...

> "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote in message

> probably
> > > they`ve
> > they
> > > behaviour -
> > >
> > > we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
> > > things in the news groups
> > >

> > Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?

You've nothing to whinge about. It said "faulty". You bid. You bought. The
end.

> 'your' bathroom with the door locked ?

That's where he does the other w-word :)
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor), http://LeilaniWeb.co.uk (editor),
/* 959 DVDs, 269 games, 33 videos, 68 cinema films, 70 CDs, laserdiscs & news
/* max payne 2, daewoo setpal, hamtaro, yesspeak, rainbow six 3, terminator 3
RESULT! ITV "blackouts" on Sky Digital - http://tinyurl.com/w4mf
Vote for Adam Shaw to host HIGNFY! - http://tinyurl.com/w4m7

TMack
December 16th 03, 03:55 PM
"Pip" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:25:48 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Pip" > wrote in message
>
> >> Cut your losses, eh? And cut your wrists while you're at it,
> >> gimp-boy.
>
> >I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
> >satisfied with my service so its been sorted.
>
> Tell you what - you want this, you do:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945
>
> You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.

The best Ebay ad I have ever read - now featured on [H]ardOCP
http://www.hardocp.com/ after I sent them the link.

Tony

Conor
December 16th 03, 04:44 PM
In article >,
says...
> "Mike Tomlinson" > wrote in message
> > In article >, Conor
> > > writes
> >
> > >IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
> > >feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.
> >
> > I hope someone mails the original seller to let him know what he's in
> > for. I feel sorry for him.
> >

> He`s in for nothing if the item was as described.

So if you get it and its totally ****ed you're going to leave positive
feedback? After all he is selling it as not working.

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

December 16th 03, 05:07 PM
"We are now up against a live, brainless Idiot"

"So, if N L L should show up with a bazooka'd video card and mention refund
it will make my day "

---

Dr Zoidberg
December 16th 03, 05:26 PM
m wrote:
> "We are now up against a live, brainless Idiot"
>
> "So, if N L L should show up with a bazooka'd video card and mention
> refund it will make my day "

<VBG>
--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

MeatballTurbo
December 16th 03, 05:48 PM
In article >,
says...

> I've got a bit of the moon that "not from the moon, no honestly it's
> not, never came from the moon at all" I was hoping he'd be interested
> in.

Ssssssh, I've got him on the other line.
He seems really interested in a star I have tucked away for a rainy day.

I trade as PT Barnum's Interstellar Real Estate
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Nick Le Lievre
December 16th 03, 05:55 PM
"Conor" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > "Mike Tomlinson" > wrote in message
> > > In article >, Conor

> > > I hope someone mails the original seller to let him know what he's in
> > > for. I feel sorry for him.
> > >

> > He`s in for nothing if the item was as described.
> >
> So if you get it and its totally ****ed you're going to leave positive
> feedback? After all he is selling it as not working.

I got it and it was as described no screen corruption - untill I fixed it
with a new BIOS then the corruption was present. So I have left positive
feedback - how could the guy have known the card was ****ed when the screen
corruption wasn`t present when recieved.

MeatballTurbo
December 16th 03, 06:08 PM
In article >,
says...
> It is rather difficult for someone to become pregnant when their uterine
> lining and any ova that might have been present are a bloody mess
> draining into their undies or whatever absorbant material they might
> have put there.

But it is possible to be already pregnant and have a normal period for
several months.

So it doesn't mean for definate you aren't going to be a father. Only a
bllod test and a good lawyer can sort that one out.
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Mike Tomlinson
December 16th 03, 07:08 PM
In article >, Darthy
> writes

>If you've never seen a vagina... we're in luck!

Oh, he sees one every day looking in the mirror.

Sith Lord
December 16th 03, 09:34 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:20:12 GMT in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Darthy
> wrote:

>Man... I don't think we had a contender for the entire year, but YOU
>manage to squeeze it in - 15 days before 2004.
>
>We'll need a photo.

These any good?
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun-negative.html

Sith Lord
December 16th 03, 09:36 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:08:39 GMT in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Darthy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
> wrote:
>
>>In >,
>>Gran <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I don't agree. Female genitalia serves a useful purpose.
>>
>>And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.
>
>Oh YES IT IS!!! It means youre NOT going to be a FATHER!!

Makes a mess of the bed, and the wall (don't ask me how I know that).

Ian Cox
December 16th 03, 10:18 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:55:35 -0000, TMack wrote:

> "Pip" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:25:48 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
>> > wrote:

>>>I sent refunds (admittedly overdue) to both the people who were not
>>>satisfied with my service so its been sorted.
>>
>> Tell you what - you want this, you do:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448756945
>>
>> You would fit right in to the category of buyer anticipated.
>
> The best Ebay ad I have ever read - now featured on [H]ardOCP
> http://www.hardocp.com/ after I sent them the link.

Wow! 33600+ hits, I'll bet that bloke wonders where everyone's coming
from!
He's probably also wondering why, with so much interest, it's still
only been bid up to GBP 5.50! :O)

--
Ian Cox
Sutton-in-Ashfield

Ian Cox
December 16th 03, 10:21 PM

Is this him?: http://www.zodoenzehetdaar.nl/templates/filmpje1.php

--
Ian Cox
Sutton-in-Ashfield

Frank Jelenko
December 17th 03, 06:17 AM
Amazing. Complete waste of time, but I couldn't resist reading the whole
thread.

Someone said it earlier, Nick has some issues.

In any case, with relief ---- <plonk> [sound of adding Nick to blocked
senders list]

"Dr Zoidberg" > wrote in message
> Gizmo wrote:
> > "Darthy" > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:01:30 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27387&item=2769544
> > 241
> >>
> >> So where is the "mis representation"? Are you trying to pull a Dubby
> >> Bush or something?
> >
> > Nick is well used to trying to pull a fast one on Ebay .... ask him
> > about his selling techniques. Something about taking money and not
> > supplying goods wasnt it Nick ?
>
> Well to be fair to the idiot, he did eventually provide a refund in the
end.

> It did take him more than six months of insisting he was in the right and
> countless threads on the subject , not to mention dozens of anonymous
calls
> to his home phone at all hours of the day and night.
>

> --
> Alex
>
> Sig missing , presumed formatted

Nick Le Lievre
December 17th 03, 09:38 AM
"Frank Jelenko" > wrote in message
> Amazing. Complete waste of time, but I couldn't resist reading the whole
> thread.
>
> Someone said it earlier, Nick has some issues.
>
> In any case, with relief ---- <plonk> [sound of adding Nick to blocked
> senders list]

I don`t see how I have any issues - I was right to suspect the card would
have the most common hardware fault and be showing signs of screen
corruption therefore I could not really believe it wasn`t - so I questioned
the description. As it happens the card arrived with no visable screen
corruption but when I applied a fresh BIOS the screen corruption appeared.

I don`t know why the corruption was not present before (I guess it really
should of been) perhaps another BIOS had been written such as the VGA
tester. In anycase it looks like the card has a 2 year parts and labour
warranty
http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=32,E=0000000000012730945,K=2671,Sxi=2,Case=obj (16829),Kb=Creative
and that it was manufacturered 18/03/02 so it may not have been a complete
waste of time after all.

Darthy
December 17th 03, 10:35 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:33:09 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
> wrote:

>Darthy wrote:
>>>>

>>> i wasnt reffering to your sole sexual activities.
>>> i was reffering to the amount of **** coming out of your mind being
>>> equal to or more than the amount that comes out of your anus
>>
>> Dude... I've giving you a virtual HIGH FIVE!
>>
>> (SLAP)
>>
>> Sad thing is, someone like the OP can run for President!
>
>And get elected ;-)

Well.... that was an election? I thought it was a few judges and a
some crooks in a crooked state.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 17th 03, 10:37 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:40:47 -0000, "Rev Green" > wrote:

>"Darthy" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
>> > wrote:

>> >And when it's bleeding that's considered not such a good thing.
>>
>> Oh YES IT IS!!! It means youre NOT going to be a FATHER!!
>>

>You dont really believe that old wives tale, do you?

I don't mean having sex while the pumbing is leaking... (I know some
guys like that) - but that afterwards, its generally a good sign.

Geez its a JOKE!!

Don't turn into the poster!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 17th 03, 10:42 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:34:45 +0000, Sith Lord <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:20:12 GMT in
>alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Darthy
> wrote:
>

>>Man... I don't think we had a contender for the entire year, but YOU
>>manage to squeeze it in - 15 days before 2004.
>>
>>We'll need a photo.
>
>These any good?
>http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun-negative.html

Dammit... I had a link to a CAR (rice burner) site, in which a guy was
being a total prick. Someone tracked his ass down and posted his
photo and his address.... ooooooooh.... and also worse, KINDA like the
9-11 WHOSE THAT GUY images, about 50 pics were made of him... funny as
**** too... I gotta look it up.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 17th 03, 10:49 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:21:52 +0000, Ian Cox > wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:21:51 GMT, Darthy wrote:

>>>I already paid I don`t intend to neg him unless I feel there is reasonable
>>>suspision to suspect he knew more then he was letting on.
>>
>> Oh please DEAR GOD!! Tell me you DON'T REPRODUCE!!
>>
>> If you've never seen a vagina... we're in luck! (must be human to
>> count)
>
>Is this him?: http://www.zodoenzehetdaar.nl/templates/filmpje1.php

OMG!! You actually got a VIDEO of Nick Le Nievre!!! How on EARTH did
that happen!

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my lift! HAHAH
Gee, I don't think Beevis and Butt head would do that.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
December 17th 03, 10:53 AM
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:20:12 GMT in
>alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Darthy
> wrote:
>

>>Man... I don't think we had a contender for the entire year, but YOU
>>manage to squeeze it in - 15 days before 2004.
>>
>>We'll need a photo.
>
>These any good?
>http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun-negative.html

hey found what I was looking for!!

The guy below was a moron, he had his photo on the net and got owned
good. funny ****.

http://www.ownedforums.com/forums/index.php?s=e75775d7ab319424c47dc71dcf954b0a&showtopic=22

PS: I don't know where the original post is, but we was talking ****
about how HIS car can kick other car's asses.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Dr Zoidberg
December 17th 03, 10:54 AM
Darthy wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:33:09 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
> > wrote:
>
>> Darthy wrote:
>>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:12:11 -0000, "Chris 159"

>>> Dude... I've giving you a virtual HIGH FIVE!
>>>
>>> (SLAP)
>>>
>>> Sad thing is, someone like the OP can run for President!
>>
>> And get elected ;-)
>
> Well.... that was an election? I thought it was a few judges and a
> some crooks in a crooked state.

Hehehe , an American with a good sense of humour , whatever next ;-)

--
Alex

Sig missing , presumed formatted

Humbug
December 17th 03, 11:28 PM
"Oh, you sing," said "Hoot!!!" (nospam)>, "I've
forgotten the words."

>The card is bust so...
>sell it on ebay
>plenty of idiots buy faulty things.

The card is bust so
An idiot on eBay
Will buy it for sure

--
Haikubug

Darthy
December 18th 03, 10:06 AM
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:54:06 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"

>>> And get elected ;-)
>>
>> Well.... that was an election? I thought it was a few judges and a
>> some crooks in a crooked state.
>
>Hehehe , an American with a good sense of humour , whatever next ;-)

Being under a dictator is not funny... but hey, you got the Bitch,
Tony Blair.