PDA

View Full Version : GeForce3 Ti200 & Forceware 53.03 possible w/ stability?

Don McCuiston
December 15th 03, 12:03 AM
Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
Any help would be appreciated.

Temor
December 15th 03, 12:15 AM
I use 44.03 on my GF3 Ti500. Tried the later ones including the 50.xx but
they wouldn't install correctly, gave me some bad probs. So went back to
44.03 ...then no probs. Some folk even say 30.xx were better.

"Don McCuiston" > wrote in message
om...
> Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
> GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
> revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
> problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

PS22
December 15th 03, 02:15 AM
Yes it is true
Those latest nvidia drivers are not good on my geforce 3 ti200 128mb (palit
daytona)
Gladiator the sword of revenge keeps crashing after a few min of gameplay.
I did revert back to my older drivers the 45.23 from omega.
to find those drivers use google type in omega drivers.
Good luck
ps22

Dazed
December 15th 03, 02:28 AM
In article >,
says...

> Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
> GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
> revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
> problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I can't get XP to load after installing em, could only install them in
safe mode, otherwise it'd lock up. Running 45.23 at the mo (Ta Dave).

--
Dazed

Remove 'NOSPAMX' to reply by E-Mail.

Welder63
December 15th 03, 06:51 PM
i`ve just upgraded the 53.XX on my GeForce 3 TI 500, and everything seems
ok.
Knights of The Old republic plays a lot better since i updated. I was really
struggling
before updating, with this game.

Sparky.

"Don McCuiston" > wrote in message
om...
> Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
> GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
> revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
> problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

----

ShepŠ
December 15th 03, 11:39 PM
On 14 Dec 2003 15:03:12 -0800 Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
(Don McCuiston) wrote :

>Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
>GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
>revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
>problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
>Any help would be appreciated.

If you moved up from an older 3 series set of drivers you need the
30xxx to 40xx fix,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
Or fully remove the Detonator drivers with one of their utilities and
then install and updated version.The 30.82 drivers or the 44.03
drivers work well in Win98/SE I've found.
Whilst there also get the free,"Rivatuner"
http://download.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
and use it to go through all your settings as it has a built in
hidden registry checker that can fix these kind of problems
Note:I'm running the 53.03 in win98SE with not problems after the
above.
Also once done clean the registry,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

QV
December 17th 03, 05:35 AM
"Don McCuiston" > wrote in message
om...
> Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
> GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
> revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
> problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
(version 3.20.00.20).

I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html
and downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into pure DOS
and flashed the BIOS:

nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom

Now the new drivers work perfectly.

Note: before trying this, it might be a good idea to use NVFlash to make a
backup of your current BIOS.
eg) nvflash --save backup

Aki Peltola
December 18th 03, 03:25 AM
"QV" > wrote
> Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
> finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
> (version 3.20.00.20).
> I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html
> and downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into
> pure DOS and flashed the BIOS:
>
> nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom
>
> Now the new drivers work perfectly.
> Note: before trying this, it might be a good idea to use NVFlash to make a
> backup of your current BIOS.
> eg) nvflash --save backup

Thanks, this solved the same problem with my GF3 too.
I have Nvidia's GF3 Ti200 and the original bios was
3.20.00.18F. Got the same problem with the latest
drivers locking up XP, but after flashing that 3.20.00.19
53.03's are working like a dream!

QV
December 18th 03, 05:44 AM
"Aki Peltola" > wrote in message

> Thanks, this solved the same problem with my GF3 too.
> I have Nvidia's GF3 Ti200 and the original bios was
> 3.20.00.18F. Got the same problem with the latest
> drivers locking up XP, but after flashing that 3.20.00.19
> 53.03's are working like a dream!

Glad to help.

... et al.
December 18th 03, 08:15 PM
QV > wrote:

> Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
> finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
> (version 3.20.00.20).

Myself using a card from Asustek, with a Nvidia GeForce3 Ti-200 and BIOS
3.20.00.18, and have only tried drivers up to 44.xx (Currently using
unmodified Nvidia drivers 4.14.10.4403 & 6.13.10.3087, both work fine).

> I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html and
> downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into pure DOS
> and flashed the BIOS:
>
> nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom
>
> Now the new drivers work perfectly.

I'm glad it worked for you.
But i must ask, how did you ever think of such an obscure solution as to
downgrade to an earlier BIOS version to cure problems with newer drivers
versions? Advanced troubleshooting or just luck?

> Note: before trying this, it might be a good idea to use NVFlash to make a
> backup of your current BIOS.
> eg) nvflash --save backup

Also take care regarding what TV-chip you have on your card. At least
for the .12 BIOS there are different BIOS-variants (BT, Ch, Ph & Sm)
that i take to correspond with what TV-chip you have on your card
(BrookTree(Conexant), Chrontel, Philips or "no TV-chip"). I couldn't
figure out if there still was different BIOS-variants for the higher
(.18, .19, .20 & .29) BIOS-versions, but i don't see how that could have
changed. So take care if you use the TV-out function on your card.

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Aki Peltola
December 18th 03, 10:13 PM
"QV" > wrote
> > Thanks, this solved the same problem with my GF3 too.
> > I have Nvidia's GF3 Ti200 and the original bios was
> > 3.20.00.18F. Got the same problem with the latest
> > drivers locking up XP, but after flashing that 3.20.00.19
> > 53.03's are working like a dream!
> Glad to help.

Well well, not quite like a dream... Silent Storm randomly
started to give an error message saying "unable to initialize
resolution" etc. at startup... quess those latest nvidia drivers
aren't so good after all, altough Halo seems to run a bit
smoother...

Hmmm. Would it be a total disaster if I try to flash that
latest 3.20.00.29 bios into my Ti200? I noticed that the
..BIN-file is a bit larger than the .19 and .18F binaries
(which are identical in size), is .29 for a different Ti200-
model with different memory timings etc.?

QV
December 20th 03, 05:51 PM
"Aki Peltola" > wrote in message
> "QV" > wrote
> > > Thanks, this solved the same problem with my GF3 too.
> > > I have Nvidia's GF3 Ti200 and the original bios was
> > > 3.20.00.18F. Got the same problem with the latest
> > > drivers locking up XP, but after flashing that 3.20.00.19
> > > 53.03's are working like a dream!
> > Glad to help.
>
> Well well, not quite like a dream... Silent Storm randomly
> started to give an error message saying "unable to initialize
> resolution" etc. at startup... quess those latest nvidia drivers
> aren't so good after all, altough Halo seems to run a bit
> smoother...
>
> Hmmm. Would it be a total disaster if I try to flash that
> latest 3.20.00.29 bios into my Ti200? I noticed that the
> .BIN-file is a bit larger than the .19 and .18F binaries
> (which are identical in size), is .29 for a different Ti200-
> model with different memory timings etc.?

Hopefully you mean 3.20.00.26 because 3.20.00.29 is apparently for the
Ti-500. The main thing that concerns me about 3.20.00.26 is that if you use
NVFlash to view its version, you'll see that it refers to Leadtek. If you do
a Google newsgroup search, you'll see many cases of Leadtek Ti-200 boards
having the same driver problems we were experiencing. This may not be the
same bios but I didn't want to take the chance.

Aki Peltola
December 20th 03, 06:29 PM
"QV" > wrote
> "Aki Peltola" > wrote
> > Hmmm. Would it be a total disaster if I try to flash that
> > latest 3.20.00.29 bios into my Ti200? I noticed that the
>
> Hopefully you mean 3.20.00.26 because 3.20.00.29 is apparently for the
> Ti-500. The main thing that concerns me about 3.20.00.26 is that if you
use
> NVFlash to view its version, you'll see that it refers to Leadtek. If you
do
> a Google newsgroup search, you'll see many cases of Leadtek Ti-200 boards
> having the same driver problems we were experiencing. This may not be the
> same bios but I didn't want to take the chance.

Oh yeah, my mistake. I meant 3.20.00.26.
But I guess flashing it would just bring problems
and this 3.20.00.19 is "best".

Altough I found out that Silent Storm runs a lot
better with detonators v30.82, so I guess it's the
same thing with most of other games too. And
flashing the bios to get the 5x.xx drivers working
was quite needless :P

Benjamin Berkels
December 28th 03, 12:03 AM
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:35:54 GMT, "QV" > wrote:

>Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
>finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
>(version 3.20.00.20).
>
>I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html
>and downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into pure DOS
>and flashed the BIOS:
>
>nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom
>
>Now the new drivers work perfectly.

I had exactly the same problem und your solution works fine for me,
too. Thank you!

Benjamin