PDA

View Full Version : Inno3D MX440 & ECS K7VTA3 problems

Larry
December 14th 03, 05:55 PM
Hi, can anyone help?

I have been trying to upgrade my son`s PC, specs are as follows:

AMD XP Athlon 1900 cpu
ECS K7VTA3 mobo
Inno3D MX(440)SE SDR 64 Mb AGP graphics card

I did a clean install of Windows XP Home edition but found that the
video driver has defaulted to something called "VGASAVE". I have
installed the latest nvidia drivers for the Mx440, but am unable to get
the card to work properly.

I have tried various solutions as advised on the web, the last being to
install the mobo drivers, something which I don`t normally do. The
result has been that the OS has become corrupted and refuses to load! I
will probably wipe the HDD and re-install WinXP, but what if the
"VGASAVE" comes back!

Any help much appreciated.

Larry

John Fraser
December 14th 03, 07:00 PM
Good morning Larry;

"Larry" > wrote in message

> Hi, can anyone help?
>
> I have been trying to upgrade my son`s PC, specs are as follows:
>
> AMD XP Athlon 1900 cpu
> ECS K7VTA3 mobo
> Inno3D MX(440)SE SDR 64 Mb AGP graphics card
>
> I did a clean install of Windows XP Home edition but found that the
> video driver has defaulted to something called "VGASAVE". I have
> installed the latest nvidia drivers for the Mx440, but am unable to get
> the card to work properly.

I encountered a similar problem with Nvidia, XP wanted to use its own
default drivers and refused to relinquish control. Open System Properties,
Hardware. I removed the video drivers I didn't want. Give that a go.

Cheers,
John