PDA

View Full Version : 3D Glasses & Refreshrate Question

dorkus.erectus
December 10th 03, 02:47 AM
I'll be getting a pair of I-O Display Systems 3D Glasses (wired) for
Christmas.
My brother has these already and work great on his Ti4200 (45.23 drivers)
w/100Hz refresh rate monitor.
I have a Ti4200 also (same drivers) but my monitor only supports up to 85Hz
at the1024x768 res. that I always
use and he suggests that I may have some flickering because of this.
The specs say you need a minimum of 70Hz but higher is recommended.
Does anyone here have any experience with these glasses?

TIA

John Fraser
December 10th 03, 03:25 AM
Good evening Dorkus;

As you're getting a similar system, why not borrow your brother's gear,
set it up and give it a go? What's the worst that could happen, a different
Christmas present?

Cheers,
John

"dorkus.erectus" > wrote in message
> I'll be getting a pair of I-O Display Systems 3D Glasses (wired) for
> Christmas.
> My brother has these already and work great on his Ti4200 (45.23 drivers)
> w/100Hz refresh rate monitor.
> I have a Ti4200 also (same drivers) but my monitor only supports up to
85Hz
> at the1024x768 res. that I always
> use and he suggests that I may have some flickering because of this.
> The specs say you need a minimum of 70Hz but higher is recommended.
> Does anyone here have any experience with these glasses?
>
> TIA

Robert
December 10th 03, 03:58 AM
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:47:47 GMT, "dorkus.erectus" >
wrote:
you will probably have some flickering and ghosting. It may not be
too bad depending on what games you are going to play
I run at 100mhz . The higher the refresh rate, the better.

>I'll be getting a pair of I-O Display Systems 3D Glasses (wired) for
>Christmas.
>My brother has these already and work great on his Ti4200 (45.23 drivers)
>w/100Hz refresh rate monitor.
>I have a Ti4200 also (same drivers) but my monitor only supports up to 85Hz
>at the1024x768 res. that I always
>use and he suggests that I may have some flickering because of this.
>The specs say you need a minimum of 70Hz but higher is recommended.
>Does anyone here have any experience with these glasses?
>
>TIA

erehwon
December 10th 03, 09:07 AM
If you're in London, I can sell you a pair for 50 inc VAT.
The higher the refresh rate the better :o) (btw, they do not work with any
LCD screens that I know of.)
all the best,
JJ

"dorkus.erectus" > wrote in message
> I'll be getting a pair of I-O Display Systems 3D Glasses (wired) for
> Christmas.
> My brother has these already and work great on his Ti4200 (45.23 drivers)
> w/100Hz refresh rate monitor.
> I have a Ti4200 also (same drivers) but my monitor only supports up to
85Hz
> at the1024x768 res. that I always
> use and he suggests that I may have some flickering because of this.
> The specs say you need a minimum of 70Hz but higher is recommended.
> Does anyone here have any experience with these glasses?
>
> TIA

K-Man
December 17th 03, 05:30 AM
Hello,

Maybe you should try to disable the V-Sync mode for higher FPS
--
K-Man

My PC Specs:
Windows XP Professional, SP1