PDA

View Full Version : AGP 8x/4x slot with 4x/2x video card compatibility

fenceerx
December 8th 03, 11:45 PM
Any help appreciated.
I have a Soltek nForce2 board SL-75FRN-L. The AGP slot is 8x/4x. Will a Mad
Dog Prowler 440-SE 64 mb 4x/2x card work in it? Obviously my video needs are
not demanding. I hate to open the box and not have it work.

Reason I'm wary is the Soltek manual says:

"AGP slot on board supports 1.5 volt AGP 8x/4x only"

"to insert a 3.3 volt AGP 2x card into the AGP 4x slot will damage the
system chip"

I have used an ATI Radeo VE (32mb and has DVI) card in and it works OK
Radeon card is 4x/2x I'm pretty sure.

Thanks
Fens

Helion
December 10th 03, 05:41 AM
"fenceerx" > wrote in message
> Any help appreciated.
> I have a Soltek nForce2 board SL-75FRN-L. The AGP slot is 8x/4x. Will a
Mad
> Dog Prowler 440-SE 64 mb 4x/2x card work in it? Obviously my video needs
are
> not demanding. I hate to open the box and not have it work.
>
> Reason I'm wary is the Soltek manual says:
>
> "AGP slot on board supports 1.5 volt AGP 8x/4x only"
>
> "to insert a 3.3 volt AGP 2x card into the AGP 4x slot will damage the
> system chip"

It will be fine, GF4/MX440's all support 4X.