PDA

View Full Version : Heat problem with my GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

MKSheppard
December 4th 03, 10:32 PM
It seems that when I install and run my 52.16 Detoantor drivers, the
board temperature keeps rising, even when I'm doing nothing but
looking at the screen, currently, it's 59 C, and I'm doing simple
2D graphics.

Now, When I downgrade back to my 44.xxx series drivers, my 5200 Ultra
runs at a cool 42 C, and only goes up in heat when I play games, and not by
much....

So what the hell is going on here?

John Lewis
December 5th 03, 12:29 AM
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:32:53 GMT, (MKSheppard)
wrote:

>It seems that when I install and run my 52.16 Detoantor drivers, the
>board temperature keeps rising, even when I'm doing nothing but
>looking at the screen, currently, it's 59 C, and I'm doing simple
>2D graphics.
>
>Now, When I downgrade back to my 44.xxx series drivers, my 5200 Ultra
>runs at a cool 42 C, and only goes up in heat when I play games, and not by
>much....
>
>So what the hell is going on here?

Have you checked the video-card fan speed in 2D mode with the new
driver ? Listen carefully. Then play a FPS 3D game and listen again,
periodically exiting to check GPU temp.

In 2D mode, the fan may be deliberately run at lower speed with the
new driver to reduce unnecessary noise..

If your maximum GPU temp in 2D or 3D mode is <65 degrees C, don't
worry, be happy..............

John Lewis