PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

JD Ross
December 1st 03, 09:16 PM
Hi,

I use the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.

Has anyone faced the "Catastrophic failure" when
trying to check the "Properties" of Settings from
the Desktop? I wonder what it is about?

Nothing particularly dramatic happened but
the announcement is pretty scary...;-)

Jdr

Video Adapter Properties
Device Description NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Adapter String GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
BIOS String Version 4.18.20.13.00
Chip Type GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.5216 - nVIDIA Detonator 52.16)
Memory Size 128 MB

Video Adapter Manufacturer
Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/drivers

chriske
December 1st 03, 10:26 PM
"JD Ross" a écrit
> Hi,
>
> I use the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
>
> Has anyone faced the "Catastrophic failure" when
> trying to check the "Properties" of Settings from
> the Desktop? I wonder what it is about?
>
> Nothing particularly dramatic happened but
> the announcement is pretty scary...;-)
>
> Jdr
>

> Video Adapter Properties
> Device Description NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> Adapter String GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> BIOS String Version 4.18.20.13.00
> Chip Type GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
> Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.5216 - nVIDIA Detonator 52.16)
> Memory Size 128 MB
>
> Video Adapter Manufacturer
> Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
> Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
> Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/drivers

not only the same problems here but also stripes when the restart
window appears and very poor graphics when playing Pinball Adventure

although the ssttings problem disappeared when installing the NVidia
52.16 drivers the other problems stayed

is there anyone who knows the correct driving value for my Asus A7N8X-X
mobo ?

grtz

JD Ross
December 2nd 03, 04:52 PM
I have the same problem on two different PCs
and two different main boards.
The first one mentioned below is occurring under Win XP Pro
and SuperMicro m/b P6SBU.

The other on Win 2K and on the Medion 2001 m/b.
NVIDIA on this PC is GeForce2MX/Mx400

Strange enough both display work ok, but
are recording this catastrophic failure...
I'm lost...

Jdr

"chriske" > wrote in message
.. .
> "JD Ross" a écrit
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X.
> >
> > Has anyone faced the "Catastrophic failure" when
> > trying to check the "Properties" of Settings from
> > the Desktop? I wonder what it is about?
> >
> > Nothing particularly dramatic happened but
> > the announcement is pretty scary...;-)
> >
> > Jdr
> >

> > Video Adapter Properties
> > Device Description NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> > Adapter String GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> > BIOS String Version 4.18.20.13.00
> > Chip Type GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
> > DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
> > Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.5216 - nVIDIA Detonator 52.16)
> > Memory Size 128 MB
> >
> > Video Adapter Manufacturer
> > Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
> > Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
> > Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/drivers
>
> not only the same problems here but also stripes when the restart
> window appears and very poor graphics when playing Pinball Adventure
>
> although the ssttings problem disappeared when installing the NVidia
> 52.16 drivers the other problems stayed
>
> is there anyone who knows the correct driving value for my Asus A7N8X-X
> mobo ?
>
> grtz

Gordie
December 4th 03, 02:39 PM
Yeah it's just a driver problem.... you should get your own-brand's driver!
Mines is MSI.... www.msi.com.tw

there's a new driver out, i think it's 52.14 - not 'new' but a new modified
msi version... gets rid of the catastrophic failure thing!

If you feel you'd rather jst go back, 45.xx etc is available at
www.guru3d.com

Hope that helps....

Gordon