PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark

Claus Christensen
November 30th 03, 05:25 AM
Hi all.
Can somebody please direct me to some benchmarks on this card?
Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4600 8x AGP
I am thinking about buying it.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

phobos
November 30th 03, 08:39 AM
Claus Christensen wrote:

> Hi all.
> Can somebody please direct me to some benchmarks on this card?
> Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4600 8x AGP
> I am thinking about buying it.
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

You can always check out the 3dmark databases, but I think a qualitative
opinion will help more in this case. The TI4600 is a great card, very
capable of running any game out today at good framerates. Since the
whole GF4 series is now likely discounted, it's an ideal time if you
never upgraded to at least a GF3 and can't afford an FX. 120'ish
dollars USD is an OK price. Anything under 100 is boku. For DX9 games,
currently a ATI 9600P will get better performance, but overall for the
category it's in, the 4600 I think has better value.

Dark Avenger
December 1st 03, 03:42 AM
"Claus Christensen" > wrote in message >...
> Hi all.
> Can somebody please direct me to some benchmarks on this card?
> Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4600 8x AGP
> I am thinking about buying it.
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

The GF4 ti series are THE MASTER in DX8 games....

And since it will take some time before the REAL DX9 games show up...
it will surely be pretty fine for you!

Remember that game programmers always shall keep supporting "older"
standards, so even though in some future games you might have less
"eyecandy" you still can play it... and is that not the most important
thing!