PDA

View Full Version : Switch from GF1 -> FX5700

Roger
November 30th 03, 01:09 AM
Currently I own a prehistoric GF1 card with 32MB DDR. I'm planing to
upgrade it to an FX5700 with 128MB DDR Ram. What will the theoretical
increase in speed be?

I can't seem to find any benchmark comparing the older GF line with =
newer
cards or the FX5700 (non ultra) at all.

And also, will the graphics detail / quality improve at the same =
resolution /
AA settings by using a newer GF chip like FX5700? Say in Max Payne 2?

Darthy
December 7th 03, 06:12 AM
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:09:20 +0100, "Roger" >
wrote:

>Currently I own a prehistoric GF1 card with 32MB DDR. I'm planing to
>upgrade it to an FX5700 with 128MB DDR Ram. What will the theoretical
>increase in speed be?
>
>I can't seem to find any benchmark comparing the older GF line with newer
>cards or the FX5700 (non ultra) at all.
>
>And also, will the graphics detail / quality improve at the same resolution /
>AA settings by using a newer GF chip like FX5700? Say in Max Payne 2?

It depends on your CPU... if you're using a PII-450Mhz, it won't make
much difference.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!