PDA

View Full Version : G4 Ti4200 and dvd playback

Chris Bond
November 29th 03, 05:02 PM
Play back on my system is terrible (jerky, poor sound video sync)

solteck VIA MB
P4 2ghz
720mb mem
64mb gaimward gold Ti4200
Samsung dvd cdr combo drive

Tried using both Windvd and Power dvd.

I don't really know where to start to find the problem.

TIA

Chris

neopolaris
November 29th 03, 06:07 PM
Chris Bond wrote:
> Play back on my system is terrible (jerky, poor sound video sync)
>
> solteck VIA MB
> P4 2ghz
> 720mb mem
> 64mb gaimward gold Ti4200
> Samsung dvd cdr combo drive
>
> Tried using both Windvd and Power dvd.
>
> I don't really know where to start to find the problem.
>

> TIA
>
> Chris

Is DMA enabled for the DVD drive?

Jay Sottolano
November 30th 03, 05:48 AM
Chris,
Is the DVD drive on Primary or Secondary IDE? Is there a much slower
device ahead of it on the cable? What OS? Anything else running at the
same time?

Jay S.

Chris Bond wrote:
> Play back on my system is terrible (jerky, poor sound video sync)
>
> solteck VIA MB
> P4 2ghz
> 720mb mem
> 64mb gaimward gold Ti4200
> Samsung dvd cdr combo drive
>
> Tried using both Windvd and Power dvd.
>
> I don't really know where to start to find the problem.
>

> TIA
>
> Chris

Chris Bond
November 30th 03, 09:39 PM
The drive is the master on the secondary IDE.

I'm currently running Win 2000

I've just had a look at the secondary ide settings on device manager and
'use dma when available' is set but transfer mode is PIO

"Jay Sottolano" > wrote in message
> Chris,
> Is the DVD drive on Primary or Secondary IDE? Is there a much slower
> device ahead of it on the cable? What OS? Anything else running at the
> same time?
>
> Jay S.
>
> Chris Bond wrote:
> > Play back on my system is terrible (jerky, poor sound video sync)
> >
> > solteck VIA MB
> > P4 2ghz
> > 720mb mem
> > 64mb gaimward gold Ti4200
> > Samsung dvd cdr combo drive
> >
> > Tried using both Windvd and Power dvd.
> >
> > I don't really know where to start to find the problem.
> >

> > TIA
> >
> > Chris

llamaboiz
December 1st 03, 10:54 AM
*top post, so?*

Goto, control panel, system, devise manager, ide ata/atapi controllers,
secondary IDE channel. your problem should be fixed in there, also goto
your mobos website and look for any new IDE drivers and download them.