PDA

View Full Version : Here's a weird one....

Bob Nielsen
November 28th 03, 05:38 PM
First off, my system specs:

AMD Duron 900 w/512MB PC133 SDRAM
GeForceFX 5200 Ultra w/45.23 drivers
52xCD-ROM Drive
LGE GCE-4120 12x8x32 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

O.K. Now to the problem. If I use any drivers other than the 45.23s,
(and this includes the WHQL'd 52.16s), whenever I try to run games, the
screen will turn blood red within a few seconds, and the actual game
images are very jagged, with a lot of tearing. Any ideas, suggestions,
etc? (Other than replacing what I already know is a ****ty board and
processor, because that's not an option right now).

TIA,

Bob

Billy_Bat
November 29th 03, 05:44 AM
Keep the 45.23s. No point in bothering with the buggy 52.16s.
Good Luck!
BB

"Bob Nielsen" > wrote in message
. ..
> First off, my system specs:
>
> AMD Duron 900 w/512MB PC133 SDRAM
> GeForceFX 5200 Ultra w/45.23 drivers
> 52xCD-ROM Drive
> LGE GCE-4120 12x8x32 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
>

> O.K. Now to the problem. If I use any drivers other than the 45.23s,
> (and this includes the WHQL'd 52.16s), whenever I try to run games, the
> screen will turn blood red within a few seconds, and the actual game
> images are very jagged, with a lot of tearing. Any ideas, suggestions,
> etc? (Other than replacing what I already know is a ****ty board and
> processor, because that's not an option right now).
>

> TIA,
>
> Bob

totor
November 29th 03, 03:09 PM
where can i get the 45.23 version.. i deleted the file :-//
the nvidia site gives no clue to the bug of the 52.16 version and no link to
the old version

thx for help

"Billy_Bat" > a écrit dans le message news:
> Keep the 45.23s. No point in bothering with the buggy 52.16s.
> Good Luck!
> BB
>
> "Bob Nielsen" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > First off, my system specs:
> >
> > AMD Duron 900 w/512MB PC133 SDRAM
> > GeForceFX 5200 Ultra w/45.23 drivers
> > 52xCD-ROM Drive
> > LGE GCE-4120 12x8x32 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
> >

> > O.K. Now to the problem. If I use any drivers other than the 45.23s,
> > (and this includes the WHQL'd 52.16s), whenever I try to run games, the
> > screen will turn blood red within a few seconds, and the actual game
> > images are very jagged, with a lot of tearing. Any ideas, suggestions,
> > etc? (Other than replacing what I already know is a ****ty board and
> > processor, because that's not an option right now).
> >

> > TIA,
> >
> > Bob

Billy_Bat
November 29th 03, 03:30 PM