PDA

View Full Version : ti4400 or fx5200

yatzek cs
November 27th 03, 04:08 AM
just wanted to ask what would be better to buy, an used Asus v8440 Ti4400 for $100 CNd or new FX5200. I know that fx are DX9 and Ti's not really but how would that affect the games later (Ti playing dx9 game?). Anyway I have a few days to make a decission which card to buy and I am looking for opinions.
Thanks.

neopolaris
November 27th 03, 06:16 AM
yatzek cs wrote:
> just wanted to ask what would be better to buy, an used Asus v8440
> Ti4400 for $100 CNd or new FX5200. I know that fx are DX9 and Ti's
> not really but how would that affect the games later (Ti playing dx9
> game?). Anyway I have a few days to make a decission which card to
> buy and I am looking for opinions. Thanks.

There is no comparasion between the 2 cards you mentioned. Stay clear of
the 5200 and 5600. Best wishes.

neopolaris

Athura
November 27th 03, 08:41 AM
While the 5200 is a DX9 card, it is a low end model and not good for
semi-serious or higher gamers. The GF4 Ti4400 is an excellent video card (I
have one myself, an Asus as it happens) and while it is a DX8 card, still
performs great in games.

"yatzek cs" > wrote in message
> just wanted to ask what would be better to buy, an used Asus v8440 Ti4400
for $100 CNd or new FX5200. I know that fx are DX9 and Ti's not really but
how would that affect the games later (Ti playing dx9 game?). Anyway I have
a few days to make a decission which card to buy and I am looking for
opinions.
> Thanks.

Darthy
November 27th 03, 09:57 AM
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:08:03 GMT, yatzek cs
> wrote:

>just wanted to ask what would be better to buy, an used Asus v8440 Ti4400 for $100 CNd or new FX5200. I know that fx are DX9 and Ti's not really but how would that affect the games later (Ti playing dx9 game?). Anyway I have a few days to make a decission which card to buy and I am looking for opinions.
>Thanks.

GF4-TI series, any of them is better than the 5200 / 5200Ultra or 5600
and sometimes the 5600Ultra

PS: Your post is not word wrapping correctly.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!