PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Two Monitors features ?

Thibault Kressmann
November 24th 03, 11:02 PM
I have just installed the new driver for my Nvidia Geforce 2 MX, found on
nvidia.com.
Since then, windows plug and play recognizes two displays while I have a
single one.
Seems to be a feature called "twinview".
Does any one know how I can disable it ?
Thanks,

tq96
November 25th 03, 12:09 AM
> Seems to be a feature called "twinview".
> Does any one know how I can disable it ?

Set the NVidia NView/twinview option to "Standard (Dualview) and make sure
the option "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" option is disabled
for the second display.

Darkfalz
November 25th 03, 02:20 AM
"tq96" > wrote in message
> > Seems to be a feature called "twinview".
> > Does any one know how I can disable it ?
>
> Set the NVidia NView/twinview option to "Standard (Dualview) and make sure
> the option "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" option is
disabled
> for the second display.

That doesn't disable it showing up / detecing two monitors. This happens
with any card with TV-Out - like anyone in the world would want to use a
dual display between a TV and monitor.

I would like to disable it too, it's ****ing annoying.

Thibault Kressmann
November 25th 03, 10:31 PM
The only issue is that my card has no TV OUT connector. I can only connect
one display, so how can plug and play "see" two monitors ?

"Darkfalz" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> "tq96" > wrote in message
> > > Seems to be a feature called "twinview".
> > > Does any one know how I can disable it ?
> >
> > Set the NVidia NView/twinview option to "Standard (Dualview) and make
sure
> > the option "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" option is
> disabled
> > for the second display.
>
> That doesn't disable it showing up / detecing two monitors. This happens
> with any card with TV-Out - like anyone in the world would want to use a
> dual display between a TV and monitor.
>
> I would like to disable it too, it's ****ing annoying.

Darkfalz
November 26th 03, 01:53 AM
"Thibault Kressmann" > wrote in message
> The only issue is that my card has no TV OUT connector. I can only connect
> one display, so how can plug and play "see" two monitors ?

NView bugs.

tq96
November 26th 03, 03:59 AM
> That doesn't disable it showing up / detecing two monitors. This
> happens with any card with TV-Out - like anyone in the world would
> want to use a dual display between a TV and monitor.

Actually, the best way to use tv out is to utilize both RAMDACs. Before
TwinView/NView, NVidia drivers would turn off the monitor when turning on
the tv out. Now it allows you to setup the monitor and tv out in clone
mode so both can be running at the same time, even with different
resolutions and refresh rates.