PDA

View Full Version : Can someone translate this from NV processor?

bcool
November 23rd 03, 11:30 PM
all data is from processor registers of GeForce2 GTS AGP!

FIRST CARD:
$0200100220 NV_PFB_TIMING0 : 34070d0b

$0200100224 NV_PFB_TIMING1 : 02442160

$0200100228 NV_PFB_TIMING2 : 000004ff

SECOND CARD:
$0200100220 NV_PFB_TIMING0 : 33070c0a

$0200100224 NV_PFB_TIMING1 : 02431150

$0200100228 NV_PFB_TIMING2 : 000009ff

These have no meaning for me. Is there anyone out there that can make
sense of them. If so, which set is (perhaps) better settings in your
opinion?

Darthy
November 24th 03, 03:31 AM
On 23 Nov 2003 14:30:57 -0800, (bcool) wrote:

>all data is from processor registers of GeForce2 GTS AGP!
>
>FIRST CARD:
>$0200100220 NV_PFB_TIMING0 : 34070d0b
>
>$0200100224 NV_PFB_TIMING1 : 02442160
>
>$0200100228 NV_PFB_TIMING2 : 000004ff

>SECOND CARD:
>$0200100220 NV_PFB_TIMING0 : 33070c0a
>
>$0200100224 NV_PFB_TIMING1 : 02431150
>
>$0200100228 NV_PFB_TIMING2 : 000009ff
>

>These have no meaning for me. Is there anyone out there that can make
>sense of them. If so, which set is (perhaps) better settings in your
>opinion?

Unless the card is crashing... it shouldnt make much difference...
you're talking the difference of 1fps or compatiblity with newer
games.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Lenny
November 24th 03, 10:37 AM
> all data is from processor registers of GeForce2 GTS AGP!

> These have no meaning for me.

If you don't know what they do, it's not something you should mess with,
trust me. ;)

bcool
November 24th 03, 04:10 PM
"Lenny" > wrote in message >...
> > all data is from processor registers of GeForce2 GTS AGP!
>
> > These have no meaning for me.
>
> If you don't know what they do, it's not something you should mess with,
> trust me. ;)

Sound advice! But actually I have two (2) cards both GeForce2 GTS, one
with 32MB and the other with 64MB. The first card (32MB) appears to
have a newer BIOS. I was just curious what the mentioned register
settings meant. I'm too chicken to "mess with" it, be assured.

Lenny
November 24th 03, 04:34 PM
> I was just curious what the mentioned register
> settings meant. I'm too chicken to "mess with" it, be assured.

:) I guess the skill level required to interpret BIOS code is far above that
of the general posters in this group, at most we seem able to yap in a
hostile manner at ATi owners stumbling in here... ;)

It could be anything really, it could be different memory clock speed/timing
values for the on-board RAM, or different VGA initialization code, or
different configuration parameters for the GPU itself, if the two chips are
of different revisions. Or something else entirely that I can't think of, it
doesn't really matter. Like it says in the manual of a lot of consumer
electronics: no user serviceable parts inside. Well, same thing here. :)