PDA

View Full Version : Need your help please: FX5600 from MSI or Gainward

Eagle
November 23rd 03, 02:57 PM
Hi All:

Yes, me again:
Sorry to bother you but can you recommend me a nice video card for my
limited budget. (absolute max: 200$)

I'm no expert, have no real clue and don't even try to find the total
"pro" card. Just to get my Flight Sim up&running smoothly.

Would a FX5600 card not be ok?
It's quite a jump from 5600 to 5700 as far as money is concerned.

And what about the difference between normal and ultra versions?

What would you recommend MSI or GAINWARD?
Or is there any specific card which you could recommend?

I really appreciate your advice
Jerry

November 23rd 03, 04:51 PM
Your budget is 200 dollars and if you look at http://www.pricewatch.com you
will see when you click video cards that you can obtain a Radeon 9800 128
meg card or an NVIDIA 5900 128 meg card for under 200 dollars. This would be
my choices given your budget.

regards

"Eagle" > wrote in message
> Hi All:
>
> Yes, me again:
> Sorry to bother you but can you recommend me a nice video card for my
> limited budget. (absolute max: 200$)
>
> I'm no expert, have no real clue and don't even try to find the total
> "pro" card. Just to get my Flight Sim up&running smoothly.
>
> Would a FX5600 card not be ok?
> It's quite a jump from 5600 to 5700 as far as money is concerned.
>
> And what about the difference between normal and ultra versions?
>
> What would you recommend MSI or GAINWARD?
> Or is there any specific card which you could recommend?
>
> I really appreciate your advice
> Jerry

Darthy
November 24th 03, 03:31 AM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:57:33 +0100, Eagle >
wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Yes, me again:
>Sorry to bother you but can you recommend me a nice video card for my
>limited budget. (absolute max: 200$)
>
> I'm no expert, have no real clue and don't even try to find the total
>"pro" card. Just to get my Flight Sim up&running smoothly.
>
>Would a FX5600 card not be ok?
>It's quite a jump from 5600 to 5700 as far as money is concerned.
>
>And what about the difference between normal and ultra versions?
>
>What would you recommend MSI or GAINWARD?
>Or is there any specific card which you could recommend?

Avoid Gainward when possible. They have crap names for their products
to boot. MSI rocks... especially their 5900. Their fan is SILENT
on the 5900.

What sucks on 5900 cards vs ATI is the power connector angle.

As other guy has posted, $200 - 5900 is the better deal....

The 5600 (non ultra) is slower than the $75 Ti4200 in most cases.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

BK24
November 24th 03, 10:58 PM
"Eagle" > wrote in message
> Hi All:
>
> Yes, me again:
> Sorry to bother you but can you recommend me a nice video card for my
> limited budget. (absolute max: 200$)
>
> I'm no expert, have no real clue and don't even try to find the total
> "pro" card. Just to get my Flight Sim up&running smoothly.
>
> Would a FX5600 card not be ok?
> It's quite a jump from 5600 to 5700 as far as money is concerned.
>
> And what about the difference between normal and ultra versions?
>
> What would you recommend MSI or GAINWARD?
> Or is there any specific card which you could recommend?
>
> I really appreciate your advice
> Jerry

Gainward also likes to stop supporting there cards at any given time on
there driver releases.