PDA

View Full Version : Hot to force vertical sync off?

Daniele Grassi
November 23rd 03, 10:21 AM
Hi
I have a trouble with Pro Evolution Soccer 3, too slow if vertical sync is
on with DirectX. How to force it off? I could'nt find any useful option in
the nvidia control panel...
My video card is the Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440.
Thanx

Daniele

Yeeyoh
November 23rd 03, 02:15 PM
If you activate coolbits in your registy then you can turn the Vsync off
under direct x/more options. You can find how to activate coolbits doing a
web search. Bassically run regedit or some such programs and under hkey
local key/software/nvidia corporation/global/nvtweak add a dword called
CoolBits and give it a value of 3. Easier than it sounds, but be carefull
you are messing with your registry.
Good luck.

"Daniele Grassi" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a trouble with Pro Evolution Soccer 3, too slow if vertical sync is
> on with DirectX. How to force it off? I could'nt find any useful option in
> the nvidia control panel...
> My video card is the Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440.
> Thanx
>
> Daniele

Robert Pendell
November 23rd 03, 07:25 PM
Ahhh.... I just told him that you could do it via Direct3D section but did
not realize Coolbits would be required to do such a thing. Especially since
I already have it on right now.

--
Robert Pendell

e.rogers.com...