PDA

View Full Version : TV Out Connections

Birderman
November 19th 03, 12:28 PM
Hi,

I have a MSI Gforce 4 TI4600 card with TV Out

But I do not have the connector for the TV Out, It would be appreciated if
anyone could send me wiring details of the mini-din socket on the Graphics
Card so that I can make up my own lead for it.

Alternatively can anybody point me to a suitable Website that contains the
required information.

Third alternative anybody have a connector that I could borrow / buy so that
I can work the wiring.

TIA
Birder Man

Robert Pendell
November 19th 03, 05:32 PM
It is a standard S-Video connection. Just get a S-Video cable and you will
be good to go. If you need RCA connection, get a S-Video to RCA adapter.

--
Robert Pendell

"Birderman" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a MSI Gforce 4 TI4600 card with TV Out
>
> But I do not have the connector for the TV Out, It would be appreciated if
> anyone could send me wiring details of the mini-din socket on the Graphics
> Card so that I can make up my own lead for it.
>
> Alternatively can anybody point me to a suitable Website that contains the
> required information.
>
> Third alternative anybody have a connector that I could borrow / buy so
that
> I can work the wiring.
>
> TIA
> Birder Man

Robert Pendell
November 20th 03, 02:40 AM
Correction on the S-Video to RCA adapter part. I am posting a new thread
about this one since the ATI supplied one from my last card don't work with
the new one.
"Robert Pendell" > wrote in message
link.net...
> It is a standard S-Video connection. Just get a S-Video cable and you
will
> be good to go. If you need RCA connection, get a S-Video to RCA adapter.
>

> --
> Robert Pendell
>

> "Birderman" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a MSI Gforce 4 TI4600 card with TV Out
> >
> > But I do not have the connector for the TV Out, It would be appreciated
if
> > anyone could send me wiring details of the mini-din socket on the
Graphics
> > Card so that I can make up my own lead for it.
> >
> > Alternatively can anybody point me to a suitable Website that contains
the
> > required information.
> >
> > Third alternative anybody have a connector that I could borrow / buy so
> that
> > I can work the wiring.
> >
> > TIA
> > Birder Man

Birderman
November 20th 03, 10:37 AM
No, its not standard S-Video socket, its 9pin mini din, S-video is 4-pin
mini din. I believe that it has S-video and composite video in and out
connections as the MS adaptor I require can connect up to 4 devices.

I need the pinout of the 9 pin mini din socket so I can make my own cable.

Any ideas

Birderman