PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre MS IE browser action - IE 'inflates'

John Smith
November 19th 03, 09:19 AM
Hi all,

I am running Windows XP Pro with all the latest SPs and Hot Fixes installed.
Yesterday, 18th November, I downloaded and installed the latest MS Hot Fixes
and installed them.

Since doing this whenever I use IE6 something very odd happens. I load the
browser and when I go to a url the browser 'expands' momentarily on the
screen, then shrinks back to the size it was EACH and EVERY time I go to a
url. I have never seen this before and it almost like someone blowing up a
balloon a fraction then letting it back down to its original size. Very odd.

BTW, I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers for my Geforce MX460 card.
Anyone else getting this?

J.

Danny Mingledorff
November 19th 03, 08:48 PM
Did you get your updated video drivers from Microsoft or NVIDIA?

"John Smith" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro with all the latest SPs and Hot Fixes
installed.
> Yesterday, 18th November, I downloaded and installed the latest MS Hot
Fixes
> and installed them.
>
> Since doing this whenever I use IE6 something very odd happens. I load the
> browser and when I go to a url the browser 'expands' momentarily on the
> screen, then shrinks back to the size it was EACH and EVERY time I go to a
> url. I have never seen this before and it almost like someone blowing up a
> balloon a fraction then letting it back down to its original size. Very
odd.

> BTW, I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers for my Geforce MX460 card.
> Anyone else getting this?
>

> J.

Cymbal Man Freq.
November 22nd 03, 04:06 PM
I lost the title bar in Word the other day but it had nothing to do with
anything rational. The next instance of Word that I opened up opened OK.

With Win Me, I have problems with IE6 freezing the computer after dialing in and
getting connected and before getting to the home page,... and having to reboot.
Don't know if it is videocard related, or a File Type problem? I have to use
Netscape 4.75, since 7.0 is just useless on the machine.

John Smith
November 25th 03, 04:39 PM
I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers but still getting the problem. Very odd. I
found a fix online for IE6 just hanging, epsecially when you open new
windows of it.

John.

"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't > wrote in
message .. .
> I lost the title bar in Word the other day but it had nothing to do with
> anything rational. The next instance of Word that I opened up opened OK.
>
> With Win Me, I have problems with IE6 freezing the computer after dialing
in and
> getting connected and before getting to the home page,... and having to
reboot.
> Don't know if it is videocard related, or a File Type problem? I have to
use
> Netscape 4.75, since 7.0 is just useless on the machine.

Cymbal Man Freq.
November 25th 03, 10:09 PM
"John Smith" > wrote in message
> I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers but still getting the problem. Very odd. I
> found a fix online for IE6 just hanging, epsecially when you open new
> windows of it.
>
> John.

And what was it??? Don't leave Me hangin'!

John Smith
November 26th 03, 11:26 AM
Seems to be lots of spyware. I have Adaware and regularly run it but after
going to the url below and installing spybot I discovered I had loads of
spyware and crap that adaware had not found

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm