PDA

View Full Version : 9600 pro or 5700U?

Chris Howard
November 19th 03, 08:11 AM
I was wondering which would be better. I can get the 9600 pro from a
guy in my house for like 130 bucks. Is it worth it to spend the extra
money for the 5700 ultra? Faster, better drivers or anything? Thanks.

Andrew
November 19th 03, 09:45 AM
On 18 Nov 2003 23:11:34 -0800, (Chris Howard)
wrote:

>I was wondering which would be better. I can get the 9600 pro from a
>guy in my house for like 130 bucks. Is it worth it to spend the extra
>money for the 5700 ultra? Faster, better drivers or anything? Thanks.

Probably the 5700, but why are you comparing a mid range ATI to a top
range NVidia? The 9600 is a good card though, especially for that
price.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Andrew
November 19th 03, 01:38 PM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:39:08 GMT, Granulated
> wrote:

>the 5700ultra isn't top range

DOH! My bad, I will shut up now :-)
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Granulated
November 19th 03, 01:39 PM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:45:09 +0000 Andrew <[email protected]> meeped :

>>I was wondering which would be better. I can get the 9600 pro from a
>>guy in my house for like 130 bucks. Is it worth it to spend the extra
>>money for the 5700 ultra? Faster, better drivers or anything? Thanks.
>
>Probably the 5700, but why are you comparing a mid range ATI to a top
>range NVidia? The 9600 is a good card though, especially for that
>price.

the 5700ultra isn't top range

Chris Howard
November 19th 03, 03:36 PM
Andrew <[email protected]> wrote in message >...
> On 18 Nov 2003 23:11:34 -0800, (Chris Howard)
> wrote:
>
> >I was wondering which would be better. I can get the 9600 pro from a
> >guy in my house for like 130 bucks. Is it worth it to spend the extra
> >money for the 5700 ultra? Faster, better drivers or anything? Thanks.
>
> Probably the 5700, but why are you comparing a mid range ATI to a top
> range NVidia? The 9600 is a good card though, especially for that
> price.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the 5700 considered midrange? The
XT is just a 9600 pro with a higher clock. So I can overclock the 9600
and get a XT. I know about the overdrive thing and i don't care.

Chris H

Dark Avenger
November 19th 03, 05:13 PM
Andrew <[email protected]> wrote in message >...
> On 18 Nov 2003 23:11:34 -0800, (Chris Howard)
> wrote:
>
> >I was wondering which would be better. I can get the 9600 pro from a
> >guy in my house for like 130 bucks. Is it worth it to spend the extra
> >money for the 5700 ultra? Faster, better drivers or anything? Thanks.
>
> Probably the 5700, but why are you comparing a mid range ATI to a top
> range NVidia? The 9600 is a good card though, especially for that
> price.

The 5700 is defnitly NOT toprange

It's fast, yes and it even has overwon the sluggishnes the 5600 had.
Yet it's NOT a toprange card.

The 5950, THAT is the toprange card ( and bleeting fast in that )