PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Video oddities - anyone help?

Moi
November 19th 03, 01:12 AM
Anyone clever enough to resolve this?

I have the new drivers for my GeForce FX 5600 and am using Full Screen Video
mode with Windows Media Center Edition ("MCE"). NVIDIA don't have a support
e-mail address (unless you know otherwise?) on their site, and my
manufacturer knows very little. Can you help resolve these strange
behaviours?:

I am outputting in full-screen video mode to my TV which is the secondary
display.

* When I maximise MCE the TV display flashes rapidly between normal image
and double-sized image - totally unwatchable (appears to be a bug).
* When the MCE window is in restored position (windowed), no flashing occurs
and I get a good picture, but it is vertically 'shrunk' - i.e. there are
black bars at the top and bottom of the image, about 1 inch in size. The
NVIDIA TV-Out resize doesn't help as this only seems to work in all
directions, both vertically AND horizontally. I need just vertically, or
better still for it not to do it.
* Sometimes I get true full-screen video if the MCE window is selected,
which shows the MCE shuttle controls and on-screen displays (e.g. mute), but
sometimes it reverts to what looks like overlay mode, and none of the
shuttle or on-screen displays are visible.

Basically all I want is to be able to:
* Watch MCE maximised without flashing between large and normal images
* Have full-screen video mode display full-screen, not vertically resized
smaller
* Have all shuttle and on-screen displays showing at all times

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, and tried every setting I can
think of.

Thanks in advance.